Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
book
Nov 29, 2014

veedubfreak posted:

So no events this weekend eh.

They're continuing the champion event from last weekend.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2015/01/1062-like-champion-continued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Freakazoid_ posted:

CW enthusiasm wore off, so we're all back to shooting regular robots.

It might get better? Built-in voip and being able to invite others of your faction should help a little over the next month, but it's more that turret warrior is poo poo and davion has the zerg to shut us out through inaction (they literally don't attack in a match so as to tie us up for 30 minutes).

This is WAAAAYYYYYY overstated. The few times that this happened to us (under 5 times out of all the drops I commanded). We would just wait 10 minutes or less and then take the fight to them and brawl it out. This would usually piss them off and they would start pushing and then we would start killing them all anyway.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Oh boy a standing cockpit item and a camo. Hopefully I can get in on some CW groups this weekend though, pub dropping in CW is just too painful for words.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

Washout posted:

This is WAAAAYYYYYY overstated. The few times that this happened to us (under 5 times out of all the drops I commanded). We would just wait 10 minutes or less and then take the fight to them and brawl it out. This would usually piss them off and they would start pushing and then we would start killing them all anyway.

I agree, also cw is pretty fun

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.

VendoViper posted:

Oh boy a standing cockpit item and a camo. Hopefully I can get in on some CW groups this weekend though, pub dropping in CW is just too painful for words.

If your halfway decent you should be able to do this in the solo or 4 man queue faster than doing CW.

Also I'm up for CW pretty much anytime I'm playing, And have an account in both WOL and FLJK so we can do whichever one people want.

Sadistic fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 23, 2015

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I made an alt account to play with my little brother and it's kind of amazing how accomplished low elo players are, they can shoot you in the back even with LRMs and streaks

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

Sadistic posted:

If your halfway decent you should be able to do this in the solo or 4 man queue faster than doing CW.

Also I'm up for CW pretty much anytime I'm playing, And have an account in both WOL and FLJK so we can do whichever one people want.

Oh I didn't mean for points, I got my free mech last weekend in the solo queue. I just wanted to try and make some real C-Bills doing CW drops.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

garth ferengi posted:

I made an alt account to play with my little brother and it's kind of amazing how accomplished low elo players are, they can shoot you in the back even with LRMs and streaks

My crowning achievement back in open beta is head capping myself with streaks back when they had splash damage. :downs: Had eaten double gauss and survived when a Jenner lagged into me.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.

VendoViper posted:

Oh I didn't mean for points, I got my free mech last weekend in the solo queue. I just wanted to try and make some real C-Bills doing CW drops.

Ah OK, though the contest has been reopened for this weekend and there is more poo poo you can earn.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Ugh I guess I should try to get a free cataphract then sigh

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Sadistic posted:

Ah OK, though the contest has been reopened for this weekend and there is more poo poo you can earn.

You can. There's a camo unlock at an even higher point level, pretty much only reachable if you already completed last week.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
Did anyone else in WoL notice that with our Not American Laio buddies taking back whatever Davion takes every day, that we have an actual chance at getting some green planets?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

MadWOPR posted:

Did anyone else in WoL notice that with our Not American Laio buddies taking back whatever Davion takes every day, that we have an actual chance at getting some green planets?

Yes, we can pretty much start winning at this point if we get our poo poo together.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
If we can get WoL on a bunch of planets, that might be nice for whenever they put actual rewards for planetary conquest in and everyone starts playing cw again.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I haven't played this since they announced the second founders pack and I dropped it like a rock. It looks like things have shaped up to be better. Going to reinstall this weekend and see if the games gotten better. I wonder if I still have all my mechs.

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014

Revolver Bunker posted:

I haven't played this since they announced the second founders pack and I dropped it like a rock. It looks like things have shaped up to be better. Going to reinstall this weekend and see if the games gotten better. I wonder if I still have all my mechs.

you'll actually have them and some more free gifted ones, also, you can get a free mech for grinding your dick off like a gurning kid at a rave this weekend.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Revolver Bunker posted:

Mechlab is super-terrible, balance is wonky but ok, games still basically a tactical team deathmatch with robots. It's pretty ok.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

MadWOPR posted:

If we can get WoL on a bunch of planets, that might be nice for whenever they put actual rewards for planetary conquest in and everyone starts playing cw again.

If more people would log back in it would be easy, but we have not been unable to get CW drops going for a while. Everyone burned out, and we basically figured out both the maps so there is not a lot of mystery anymore. It's still pretty fun to just go in and blow people away though. But attacking you basically just use two light rushes to actually win, and then brawl it out with some heavies and assaults to earn more cbills.

Washout fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 24, 2015

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Where the hell do screenshots go now? I just did something seriously dirty.

Just gonna leave this here for all the lrm haters.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 24, 2015

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

veedubfreak posted:

Where the hell do screenshots go now? I just did something seriously dirty.

quote:

- Default game save folder changed to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games directory

All the user folder poo poo goes there now.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

book posted:

They're continuing the champion event from last weekend.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2015/01/1062-like-champion-continued

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFNljkdsngksdagksa.hgsnkadhlha

I Spent so much time loving yelling at people last weekend for my loving robbit and now they're practically giving it away again and you can get extra poo poo if you keep playing and gently caress

I am not going to do this poo poo again.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

LordBaxter posted:

I Spent so much time loving yelling at people last weekend for my loving robbit and now they're practically giving it away again and you can get extra poo poo if you keep playing and gently caress

I had the same issue. But for some reason I'm not having that problem tonight. Ive won about 75% of my games tonight.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
As cool as it is that they're continuing from where the event left off last time, they really should of just made the whole thing a week long instead of having players burn themselves initially.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Drakes posted:

As cool as it is that they're continuing from where the event left off last time, they really should of just made the whole thing a week long instead of having players burn themselves initially.

You must be new to :pgi: logic.

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014
does anyone know who this "Elvis the Creator" guy is, he seems pretty abrasive and I haven't seen him post in the thread in the last 20 pages. Did someone vouch him in or is he under a different name?

Okay this is my account, I'm evis the creator and I'm actually pretty amazed that I posted this and played vaguely competently for the duration of the 4 or so hour black out I had.

Apologies to anyone who had to endure my rants, just tell me I'm being a shitlord and I likely just mute myself or leave mumble.

RolandIsNotOkay fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 25, 2015

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Wow like 8 goons in a group queue match and not one of you fuckers squawked back :argh:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Westy543 posted:

Wow like 8 goons in a group queue match and not one of you fuckers squawked back :argh:

i think squawking has been deprecated until goons are scary again :-/

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

RolandIsNotOkay posted:

does anyone know who this "Elvis the Creator" guy is, he seems pretty abrasive and I haven't seen him post in the thread in the last 20 pages. Did someone vouch him in or is he under a different name?
I vouched for him

sebmojo posted:

Rest In Peace

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Has anyone else been having super bad lag today?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

LordBaxter posted:

Yeah, going through that for a cockpit item and camo just isn't worth it. I do like however that they have apparently realized that adding more reward tiers to these challenges makes it more bearable.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

garth ferengi posted:

I vouched for him

Really? Dude is a constant stream of n***** this, black dick, get raped, fag that, for entire matches over and over. He's not even telling jokes, it's like a 13 year old bigot with their first time on Xbox live.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 24, 2015

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

sebmojo posted:

:smith:

I always get sad when I see two 8-10 mans of Liao against each other, because I'm like "drat, that could be ghost capping pushing the Davion border."

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Huh, turns out I don't have to give a poo poo about the tournament extension. I've binged a lot on MWO last weekend to milk out the most of that premium time you get for free and I've must have gotten the extra 20 points during that time. It seems to count all extra points you did that weekend or any matches that qualified during that last weekend's event time. I mean, it says that on the tournament's page, apparently, but. It was a great time to farm some money, ripping mechs apart and leaving the kills to others.

Of course, it also resulted in me breaking my kill record at one point, 8. Ooops.

I ain't gonna complain.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 24, 2015

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Really? Dude is a constant stream of n***** this, black dick, get raped, fag that, for entire matches over and over. He's not even telling jokes, it's like a 13 year old bigot with their first time on Xbox live.

Whatever xbox behavior is happening kinda gets drowned out by all the very important gay chat anyway.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Whatever xbox behavior is happening kinda gets drowned out by all the very important gay chat anyway.

Except that doesn't happen, at all.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

garth ferengi posted:

I vouched for him

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

lol

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I actually kind of like not giving a poo poo about the weekend's prize for a change. I already got the Cataphract, and I know I'm going to sell it to make room later since I have no desire to grind the other two variants.

Here's to hoping that part of the deal about this camo injection as a prize is testing the code for the LP rewards injecting camo.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

aniviron posted:

I actually kind of like not giving a poo poo about the weekend's prize for a change. I already got the Cataphract, and I know I'm going to sell it to make room later since I have no desire to grind the other two variants.

Here's to hoping that part of the deal about this camo injection as a prize is testing the code for the LP rewards injecting camo.

I just finished eliting my 2x and it's really good with an AC/20 and 2 LPLs, incredibly mean at close to medium range. I got a 4x as my first mech and it was thoroughly mediocre but that was due to me starting playing JUST as clan mechs were introduced and also me being new and having no idea how to build it or how important upgrading engines was. With it's quirks it's probably really good as a brawler with 4 AC5's, I'll find out soon when I've managed to get the C Bills to finish kitting it out.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Yeah I have the 1X and 3D already, the 4 AC5 CTF-4X seemed like a fun mech, the only problem is it's a Cataphract so it's an actual barn door and can't be missed, plus all your mounts are really, really low slung. Gonna wait for whatever House has them on sale so I can get one cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

Westy543 posted:

Yeah I have the 1X and 3D already, the 4 AC5 CTF-4X seemed like a fun mech, the only problem is it's a Cataphract so it's an actual barn door and can't be missed, plus all your mounts are really, really low slung. Gonna wait for whatever House has them on sale so I can get one cheap.

Yeah just did my first game in it. Trying to fire from high ground nearly ended in tears because I needed to move so far forward to do it, plus quad AC5's are weird. The mindset is that you are firing a 700 meter AC20 shot every 1.5 seconds, you need to be firing for as long as possible rather than playing peek and poke with. Plus put your arm weapons in different groups because it's wide as gently caress and you are going to donk shots into terrain if you have them all on mouse 1 or whatever. Still came out of it with 500 damage, a win, and 1 more point without really intending to so ???

• Locked thread