Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

So the game's worth $20? Where do I need to have SR4 saves in order to import the boss?

No idea. Steam Cloud? I don't have SR4 installed and it pulled my Boss from SR4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Oh right I forgot they had Boss upload functionality (not that I ever got it to work between the character creator demos and full releases).

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm pretty sure you just need an SR4 save file on your disc. I'm not sure if it'll grab it off steam cloud though, but if you played SR4 before on the same computer it's probably fine even if it's been uninstalled.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
This game is totally worth $20. The flying alone is magnificent, and the world design of Hell is awesome. Each district really does feel unique.

My only real complaint is that this takes Hell off the table for possible locations of future games. If this were expanded and turned into a full game (expanded storyline, wardrobe, and full radio), the elements are all here for something special.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Johnny sounds so disappointed at the prospect of not getting a taco. :(

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Young Freud posted:

I'm torn a bit on the soundtrack. I know Volition didn't want to splurge on licensed music this time, but it sounds like who ever got composed the soundtrack did a lot of sound-a-likes. The Glyph song reminds me of the ending theme to Buckaroo Banzai and while running around last night, I swore I heard something similar to the Chromatics' "Tick Of The Clock" from Drive.

And for some reason, every single one of those generic music pieces are listed in the credits, and the titles are just as generic as you'd expect too.

(And then continues for like 10-15 more pages)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Captain McStabbin posted:

Johnny sounds so disappointed at the prospect of not getting a taco. :(

Pulling up to the taco stand in the Armageddon chair just felt so right.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ymgve posted:

And for some reason, every single one of those generic music pieces are listed in the credits, and the titles are just as generic as you'd expect too.

(And then continues for like 10-15 more pages)

At least they brought back Funky Fanfare for 5 seconds. Also the fraud music is pretty great.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Ariong posted:

They'll climb out automatically once you get the thing to about 3/4 health or so. I like to petrify them so they can't get away and then lay into them with an SMG until I get the prompt, though the demons won't be able to get out until the car depetrifies.

SR4 was my first, going back and playing SR3 now but took a break to beat this and was glad to have an idea of who the gently caress the Sisters are. Dane was badass enough for me to install SR2 so does anyone have tips on getting through the older titles that may not have aged so well in other places?

Kinzie was awesome but it made me sad to be called Johnny over and over, but somehow it felt right to have the narrator keep talking about him even though Kinzie did all the work.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

For SR2, install Gentlemen of the Row and turn on the option to have infinite respect. Also, get a buddy and set up Tunngle or Hamachi or something and have some great times co-opping.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah, SR2 feels no more aged than GTA: San Andreas if you install Gentlemen of the Row. If you have a buddy to play the game with, though, absolutely do it. The game is a real hoot to share. This also goes for SR3, but people generally like SR3 less all around. It suffers a bit from being the 'middle child' game in that it's starting to liberate itself from the reality that SR2 was grounded in, but hasn't yet gone balls to the wall Rule-of-Cool that like SR4 was.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that can hid the hud in SR4?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Asimo posted:

I'm pretty sure you just need an SR4 save file on your disc. I'm not sure if it'll grab it off steam cloud though, but if you played SR4 before on the same computer it's probably fine even if it's been uninstalled.
I formatted since then but if it saves somewhere sensible (i.e. not program files) I should still have it. Does anyone know the folder?

Moatmonster
Jul 19, 2004
I'm playing on a completely different computer that's never had SR4 installed, and it used my Boss. So it either pulls from the steam cloud, or black magic. My money's on black magic.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Shumagorath posted:

I formatted since then but if it saves somewhere sensible (i.e. not program files) I should still have it. Does anyone know the folder?

[Steam]\userdata\[userid]\206420\

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Were some of the DLC in Re-elected previously exclusive to one console or added long after release? There's a few I don't recognise at all like the prehistoric themed stuff.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

And I think it uses the most recently-played Boss. I thought for a moment I had the wrong game when the game started, since it wasn't playing my Lana-Kane-Leads-the-Saints Boss. Forgot that I'd started a reboot game a while back.

The halo-arm sequence as a page in the book felt a little weird, but it was one less thing to animate...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So I just got the mission "The Wedding" - is that the beginning of the end? Should I go around doing the other miscellaneous stuff first?

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Medullah posted:

So I just got the mission "The Wedding" - is that the beginning of the end? Should I go around doing the other miscellaneous stuff first?

I believe it is, but you can play after you finish it and it won't lock you out of anything (you also have the opportunity to replay it as many times as you want).

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I might just keep this installed to fly around hell every once and a while, it's is absurdly fun and satisfying.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm trying to use the Sandbox+ mod for SRIV, but clicking the right stick to execute the first guy teleports me to the platforming minigame. Is tehre a fix, or will I have to learn the keyboard controls?

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Ariong posted:

I'm trying to use the Sandbox+ mod for SRIV, but clicking the right stick to execute the first guy teleports me to the platforming minigame. Is tehre a fix, or will I have to learn the keyboard controls?

Are you using a 360 controller?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

IdolNinja posted:

Are you using a 360 controller?

Yes.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

Ariong posted:

I just redownloaded and tested and everything is working fine. I also checked the script to make sure nothing odd was going on there.

The way Sandbox+ works is that you hold down an in-game action key/button and then press another unused key to trigger the command. So, that particular teleport is triggering with melee (F on keyboard or click right stick on controller + INSERT.) Something is mistakenly triggering your keyboard INSERT key somehow and causing that to accidentally happen. Do you have any kind of keyboard macro software enabled or keystroke monitoring software?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

IdolNinja posted:

I just redownloaded and tested and everything is working fine. I also checked the script to make sure nothing odd was going on there.

The way Sandbox+ works is that you hold down an in-game action key/button and then press another unused key to trigger the command. So, that particular teleport is triggering with melee (F on keyboard or click right stick on controller + INSERT.) Something is mistakenly triggering your keyboard INSERT key somehow and causing that to accidentally happen. Do you have any kind of keyboard macro software enabled or keystroke monitoring software?

I do not. I did install the Expanded Arsenal Mod after installing sandbox+, but the OP of that thread assures that the mods are compatible if installed in the right order. Should I try uninstalling that mod?

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!

Ariong posted:

I do not. I did install the Expanded Arsenal Mod after installing sandbox+, but the OP of that thread assures that the mods are compatible if installed in the right order. Should I try uninstalling that mod?

Does that mod do anything with grenades by any chance? The INSERT mapping in Sandbox+ is mapping the normally unused offhand grenade functions. Perhaps something in that other mod is triggering it.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

What's this Shawarma mission about? I never got anything after "Crash The Wedding." I'm at 98% completion, 100% Hell Overthrown with just some challenges to complete.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saints Row IV space craziness is a lot of fun and all, but the more I think about it, the more I want to see the police ending become the future of the series. And after this game I'd even be completely okay with making Johnny (/Kinzie) the new protagonist.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

IdolNinja posted:

Does that mod do anything with grenades by any chance? The INSERT mapping in Sandbox+ is mapping the normally unused offhand grenade functions. Perhaps something in that other mod is triggering it.

As far as I can tell, the only grenade-related thing it does is turning alien anti-superpower grenades into normal ones.

EDIT: Huh. Okay. I uninstalled the arsenal mod and now clicking the right stick teleports me to Carmano Place.

AllisonByProxy posted:

What's this Shawarma mission about? I never got anything after "Crash The Wedding." I'm at 98% completion, 100% Hell Overthrown with just some challenges to complete.

It's a cutscene, an epilogue. It shows what happens to all the characters in hell after the events of GooH, since obviously any future SR games won't take place there. If you decide not to complete the game, you can just youtube it.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 24, 2015

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Ariong posted:

It's a cutscene, an epilogue. It shows what happens to all the characters in hell after the events of GooH, since obviously any future SR games won't take place there. If you decide not to complete the game, you can just youtube it.

Oh, I got that scene, it just played automatically after I finished the game.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

AllisonByProxy posted:

Oh, I got that scene, it just played automatically after I finished the game.

Did that one have volleyball? If not, go to Ultor HQ.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Ariong posted:

Did that one have volleyball? If not, go to Ultor HQ.

Yeah, I had the vollyball. I looked it up on youtube and its the same scene I got. I just never had a marker for it and its not listed in my "completed missions" list. The only quest on my map now is the one to replay the wedding mission.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This is super short and wholly not worth the £15 asking price, I dicked around on a buddies PS4 copy for like 2 hours, went to save and I'm already over 50% completion?

I'll wait for a £5 steam sale.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah the story is over super quickly. And if I'm being honest you don't quite get to do enough between the cutscenes, considering there are only two, not counting intro and ending. There's hours of stuff to do in the postgame though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bobtista posted:

This is super short and wholly not worth the £15 asking price, I dicked around on a buddies PS4 copy for like 2 hours, went to save and I'm already over 50% completion?

I'll wait for a £5 steam sale.
I wouldn't take that completion percentage as being indicative of anything at all. I got to about 40% really quickly but then it slowed way down and I'm now around 65% after playing as long again as it took to get to 40%. Also, the story doesn't take a high percentage to get through (the final mission has already become available to me) but I still have tons of stuff to do. However it calculates that percentage, it doesn't make intuitive sense.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah the story is over super quickly. And if I'm being honest you don't quite get to do enough between the cutscenes, considering there are only two, not counting intro and ending.
If you're just counting proper cutscenes, there's the intro, the meeting with Dane, the musical number, Jezebel coming to meet you, Satan deciding that Gat will marry Jezebel and that's as far as I've seen, but I assume there's at least one more cutscene for the final mission and then the epilogue one? But aside from those there are also the storybook bits, the conversations with Dane and the other allies, in-mission dialogue and the instructions for the activities and targets. None of those are really cutscenes, but they flesh out the story and characters well.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Fair enough, I kinda lumped meeting Dane in with the intro since there's just a few seconds of driving inbetween. Same with the pre-boss fight scene and the ending.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
There's also the shawarma scene.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Speaking of weird bugs, I have the keybindings thing except it's z and g (so far as I can tell, might be more) that are unbindable. I also frequently have this issue where my health won't regen naturally at all, so if I leave combat at like 1% hp I'm basically going to die unless I can get lucky and blow a dude up to eat his pellets before I get sniped by Mr. Teleporting Fuckall unless I've already got the Vamp aura.

Krowley posted:

Gat drat, flying in this game is just the best!

Whatever dumb videogame reviewer that said the AA missiles ruin flying should just get good, and maybe get a real job that isn't being a dumb video game reviewer. Dodging them ain't no thing.

e: it was Richard Cobbett of eurogamer. get good, Richard Cobbett of eurogamer

I read some other pre-release review (PC Gamer or something?) that gave me pre-emptive buyer's remorse. I could tell like 5 minutes in that that guy was an idiot. Hell is a much more interesting open world than Steelport, and the flying mechanic alone is worth the 20bux.

I've been going back and replaying SR4 and getting irritated at how slow and unweildy super jump is. Spoiled already.

I think part of the problem is game reviewers tend to inevitably become these dudes that just plow through games as fast as possible to meet deadlines while doing the 90% of their job that isnt playing games. You get the sense that they end up not liking games that you just dick around in or play longer than 1-2 playthroughs max because that's not how they play games anymore.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Completed it in co-op. It was short, but we had a great time and there's some laughs to be had. Just don't expect it to rock your world, it's pretty much some super polished DLC but goddamn the flying mechanic feels smooth as gently caress. The anti-air spires didn't give us trouble at all, in fact we were laughing at how ineffectual they were.

I really, really liked the vehicle design in the game as well, even if it was fairly limited remeshes of existing vehicles. The setting looked cool, I'd love to see an open world game that really explored it in detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A Stupid Baby posted:

Speaking of weird bugs, I have the keybindings thing except it's z and g (so far as I can tell, might be more) that are unbindable. I also frequently have this issue where my health won't regen naturally at all, so if I leave combat at like 1% hp I'm basically going to die unless I can get lucky and blow a dude up to eat his pellets before I get sniped by Mr. Teleporting Fuckall unless I've already got the Vamp aura.
I had that happen once, and I managed to get around it by using a Sinterpol machine to reset my notoriety. That seemed to fix my health regen. I've had another issue a few times though where I just can't lose the last bar of notoriety without using a Sinterpol machine. I'll go stand somewhere remote with no red dots visible on the minimap and it just stays at one full bar.

Songbearer posted:

Just don't expect it to rock your world, it's pretty much some super polished DLC
People who keep saying stuff like this must be getting some loving amazing DLC that isn't available to the rest of us. All these new activities, targets, powers, weapons, enemies... I mean, what are you comparing it to? Because Gangstas in Space or How the Saints Save Christmas are a tiny fraction of this.

• Locked thread