Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

davebo posted:

Well that's what I mean, are there set spawn points and is it random or would they think to include code that maybe doesn't spawn you 8 km away from someone you were partied up with or simply assume you might want to spawn at a point relatively nearby where you last died? Sounds like you're saying it is random. Is there even a party system in this yet or just group up with people and walk together?

Edit: Suboptimal you're here! Okay just tell me yes or no if I need to pay $20 be in this thing with you guys, even if its garbage.

Yo man, I'm having fun. $20 is a half day at Bryce. Go for it and I'll try to help you out as much as I can! I should be on more next week than I was this previous one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

suboptimal posted:

Yo man, I'm having fun. $20 is a half day at Bryce. Go for it and I'll try to help you out as much as I can! I should be on more next week than I was this previous one.

Well since GTA6 got delayed until March I guess that's all I need to be recruited. Between work and vacation I'm gonna try to hop into this game a little into February so I'll spy on the thread so I have an idea of the goings-on.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I know it's fun to poo poo all over this game and SOE, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the best EA games I've played for a long time. Especially in this genre. The pace they are keeping with updates and what not is pretty good as well.

Had a pretty fun time joining up with a big group of people and roaming around. I think they were looking to kill some rear end in a top hat streamer or something, I dunno. Didn't care. Had fun.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

This is why you kill random suspicious zombies in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks, anonymous player who died!

E: Just found another, this one with 69 shotgun shells, hatchet and shotgun.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 24, 2015

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Seriously if you learn to quickshoot the bow you will murder almost every player you come across.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Anyone wanna roll on a hardcore server with me and try to go at this fresh?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BEES/

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kevlar Beard posted:

Anyone wanna roll on a hardcore server with me and try to go at this fresh?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BEES/

hard core servers are pointless. there's nothing 'hardcore' about having to keep a browser open to remember all the dumb combinations.

e: id like to try a pvp first person only server w/o the stupid recipe wipe though. is that a thing?

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 24, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

hard core servers are pointless. there's nothing 'hardcore' about having to keep a browser open to remember all the dumb combinations.

e: id like to try a pvp first person only server w/o the stupid recipe wipe though. is that a thing?

This would ownnnnnn

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Eonwe posted:

This would ownnnnnn

I'm down, if this even exists.

I just want to play with a small group of people.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i just checked, there totally are pvp servers with only 1st person mode and none of the other rules.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Before the goons picked a server on the first day I was running around on a PvP, 1st person only server and really like it. I'd be up for trying out a new server if there is interest.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
Maybe one of these patches they'll actually fix the loot. Every patch it's the same thing. Start out as soon as the servers go back up, manage to find some decent stuff, get killed and then spend the rest of the time not finding poo poo.

Not to mention, I swear with every patch they reduce the amount of zombies that are in the game. I think I saw more bears than I did zombies.

pioneermax
May 25, 2003
Remember, you are not a salmon
If you want loot a the disparate dayz game play then roll on one of the new 180 EU servers thats low pop.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Is this game good and worth :20bux:? Or is it "okay" and still worth :20bux:? Or should I take a sharpie marker to my monitor and blackout where it says "H1Z1" in Steam?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It's fun sometimes. Better than the other zombie games and it's not nearly as far into development as those

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
It's quickly getting to be roughly on par with the DayZ mod. There's definitely a few bugs that can feel game breaking at times, but they patch the game at a stupidly fast pace, and the game IS fun.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So I'm having to roll back my titan drivers to get the game to work properly.

In other news, I would like to start a more hardcore PVP offshoot when they add structure reinforcement, working together with Detroit/Goondor.

We will barricade the police station, then role play the first half of the first Mad Max movie.

Someone has to bring law and order back to this wasteland.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Those new metal doors are basically invulnerable. It doesn't do much on a shack near the ground but on a platform I think there is no way inside if the platform is high enough off the ground because you can't seem to break the door and the login invisible wall thing doesn't work since it's on a platform.

I tried crowbar and axe, so could be I just didn't have the right tool, but I can't imagine what the tool is.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
So like, what do you do in this game aside from loot empty cars and empty cabinets?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Psyker posted:

So like, what do you do in this game aside from loot empty cars and empty cabinets?

rek nerds

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

So I'm having to roll back my titan drivers to get the game to work properly.

In other news, I would like to start a more hardcore PVP offshoot when they add structure reinforcement, working together with Detroit/Goondor.

We will barricade the police station, then role play the first half of the first Mad Max movie.

Someone has to bring law and order back to this wasteland.

Yes this will be a thing and it will own

Tonight?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i'm down :getin:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
We really just need for them to add civilian building reinforcement like smed was saying, barricading doors, windows, etc. That way you can turn any existing structure into a base, which is much preferable to building shanty shacks.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Yes.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Last night I was actually finding items. Today.... nothing.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Those new metal doors are basically invulnerable. It doesn't do much on a shack near the ground but on a platform I think there is no way inside if the platform is high enough off the ground because you can't seem to break the door and the login invisible wall thing doesn't work since it's on a platform.

I tried crowbar and axe, so could be I just didn't have the right tool, but I can't imagine what the tool is.

I thought the right tool would be a shotgun but that barely did anything to metal doors as well. A bunch of people with axes would probably work.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Knightmare posted:

I thought the right tool would be a shotgun but that barely did anything to metal doors as well. A bunch of people with axes would probably work.

They really just need to add a recipe for C4/breaching charges like in Rust, and make the doors invincible beyond that, to make it an efficient investment of risk/reward vs resources.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

:eng101: You can make IEDs, which I imagine are the "right tool" now that I think about it. What makes those? Gunpowder and...?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

:eng101: You can make IEDs, which I imagine are the "right tool" now that I think about it. What makes those? Gunpowder and...?

edit: I'm dumb

hello internet fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 24, 2015

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Turns out it's a landmine (metal shard + metal sheet + gunpowder) combined with a scrap of cloth. You light it by using a lighter on it like a campfire. After 15 seconds it kabooms dealing massive damage to structures.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Turns out it's a landmine (metal shard + metal sheet + gunpowder) combined with a scrap of cloth. You light it by using a lighter on it like a campfire. After 15 seconds it kabooms dealing massive damage to structures.

I just tried 3 of these against a metal door and a large shack and not much happened except some fire. I figured I'd come to the forums to ask for a raiding 101 for these things. Another base I went to raid had been raided already, with the door standing but the shack destroyed. I don't know how to achieve that since I saw no health bars appearing on the shack or the door after the IEDs.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone else having problems with the game not loading after you select a character? I also tried deleting a character and nothing happens but it lets me make new characters.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Loot is overwhelming when a patch hits and the servers get reset, but already a day later it's a loving wasteland and there's gently caress all to find or do. I'm going to put the game down for a few weeks and I'm fully expecting every patch to have a "changed loot spawn rules" in the notes somewhere.

Still, if they keep up this patch schedule I think it'll entertain me for a long time.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Uh just kill a player and take all their duped loot, or play with us and we'll give you boom stick

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Republicans posted:

Anyone else having problems with the game not loading after you select a character? I also tried deleting a character and nothing happens but it lets me make new characters.

Yes, and I don't know anything about fixing it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Google Butt posted:

Uh just kill a player and take all their duped loot, or play with us and we'll give you boom stick

Also usually wandering zombies in the woods alone are usually players that have died and sometimes have a LOT of loot.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Republicans posted:

The same thing started happening to me today, and continues to happen occasionally. Eventually after closing and restarting h1z1 a few times I'm able to get in

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Is there literally no loot anywhere always? loving cabins in the middle of the woods have nothing either. Every time I run into a dude, they have a hatchet or spear. So... what the hell :(

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Since the last update I find it to be much better; perhaps you're on a high-pop server? I honestly think that the map size they've given us is too small for the number of players they allow onto it, hence the loot issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Containers almost never have loot, it doesn't seem to respawn properly yet. You've better off running though buildings and spot checking for stuff that's lying around, world loot seems to respawn(though slowly).

It's always good to keep checking the dev feeds to find out when restarts will happen. There's a massive amount of loot right after a restart.

• Locked thread