Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze actually abandons the grandma joke before the end of the week! Is that legal?

That man is going to run headfirst into the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rap music, my droogs

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I appreciate Ted's efforts but Monopoly is beyond saving.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Green Intern posted:

That man is going to runwaddle headfirst into the wall.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Green Intern posted:

That man is going to run headfirst into the wall.

RandomFerret posted:

Rap music, my droogs

I laughed at each of these posts, and then I laughed at the mental soundtrack they inspired. I didn't laugh at "Working Daze," because it is a bucket of gruel made of pulped "Dilbert" and "Sluggy Freelance" strips in a 90-10 ratio.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

You know, yesterday I was under the impression they were leaving the movie and had already watched it, but they were going in. Looking back, there was a clearly visible "EXIT" sign behind them, so I guess I can't blame the artist for my misinterpretation. This is all I have to say about this strip today. Thanks for reading.

Rex Morgan MD

This old woman is some kind of mafia don or something.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

THE DAZZLING, SEIZURE-INDUCING DICK TRACY-FUNKY WINKERBEAN CROSSOVER!

So. Holly just won a cache of Golden Age comics. The bid from Chester that we saw--remember, he's the geek in the mansion--was $50,000, and she beat that, and presumably whatever else he threw down, without the excuse of Her Soldier Son. How much money does Montoni's (a struggling business in a fading part of town) pull in so that she can just sling around like that?

And next we see her ripping off all the bags and boards because of course she bought them to read.

Luann

He's been living with his girlfriend for all this time. Presumably some sort of interaction happened between them in this time, like maybe the occasional side hug or a peck on the cheek or a nice conversation, or wiping his bottom after he makes a boom boom. Yet when this lady gives him a regular old friend hug he's still acting like it's Babby's First Boner. You know what women love? Dudes who act like they're terrified of women.

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Juliet Jones

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

What, he's not wearing his costume underneath? Are traditions worth nothing anymore?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

My Lovely Horse posted:

What, he's not wearing his costume underneath? Are traditions worth nothing anymore?

Seriously. This would be prime material for the whole "they might find out I'm spider-man, what will i do!?" thing they do every two loving days.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Fingerpori

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Maybe she's just not into mutant cyclopses.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (January 25, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (February 28-March 1, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress having the flu.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

He's been living with his girlfriend for all this time. Presumably some sort of interaction happened between them in this time, like maybe the occasional side hug or a peck on the cheek or a nice conversation, or wiping his bottom after he makes a boom boom. Yet when this lady gives him a regular old friend hug he's still acting like it's Babby's First Boner. You know what women love? Dudes who act like they're terrified of women.

That's going to work out great for me.

It is kind of an aggressive hug. Both arms in!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Holy poo poo this is my fear too

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Children who have suffered abuse or neglect will often reenact those behaviors unconsciously in their relationships with their own children or creations, even pets. A Sobering Cartoon, but a A Good Reminder.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Do not trash talk your kid while you strike them out.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

From senate.gov:

quote:

The inspiration for this clash came three days earlier when Senator Charles Sumner, a Massachusetts antislavery Republican, addressed the Senate on the explosive issue of whether Kansas should be admitted to the Union as a slave state or a free state. In his "Crime Against Kansas" speech, Sumner identified two Democratic senators as the principal culprits in this crime—Stephen Douglas of Illinois and Andrew Butler of South Carolina. He characterized Douglas to his face as a "noise-some, squat, and nameless animal . . . not a proper model for an American senator." Andrew Butler, who was not present, received more elaborate treatment. Mocking the South Carolina senator's stance as a man of chivalry, the Massachusetts senator charged him with taking "a mistress . . . who, though ugly to others, is always lovely to him; though polluted in the sight of the world, is chaste in his sight—I mean," added Sumner, "the harlot, Slavery."

Butler was Brooks's cousin. And it seems to me we could use more of this sort of language in the Senate these days.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Anybody want to see a stirring dramatic reenactment of the event? Sure you do!

Tragically, it cuts off before the whole story can be told. It's worth catching the rest of it, though, if you can.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

You know come tomorrow that snowman is basically going to look like Jabba the Hutt.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Why would Bleeker have to "read" the internet? Couldn't he just download huge portions of it and automatically add all the data to his knowledge base?

On the Fastrack

I don't really know what Autocorrect has to do with any of this.

Safe Havens

It's called Craigslist.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

It's called Craigslist.

My dad does this. It's netted him some astonishing furniture and about sixteen bikes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah student days. Then the great bedbug plague spread across the city.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Nenonen posted:

Either this begs for an edit or this is the edit, I'm not sure which.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

It's called Craigslist.

Are those "things" on the side of his head supposed to be sideburns? They look like small pigtails or something. Oh hey AxeManiac! Good to see you!

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 1/24/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Aw jeeze...

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I guess Brooke forgot that the reason that this idiot is in France is that he was demoted down to private and was forced to take part in D-Day.

Pibgorn
http://i.xomf.com/nbzzl.jpg

You're going to have to smoke something stronger if you want to kill the bad taste that Brooke's writing has left in your mouth.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Why would Bleeker have to "read" the internet? Couldn't he just download huge portions of it and automatically add all the data to his knowledge base?
He probably just said "read" as a figure of speech.

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack
If everyone just thought autocorrect was an annoyance, no one would use it. People do use it because it's generally helpful. :argh:

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Are those "things" on the side of his head supposed to be sideburns? They look like small pigtails or something.
I assume they're something like Anakin's weird little side-braid in Attack of the Clones?

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 24, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Aw jeeze...

Then they might be reminded that they are prey animals, only fit to be murdered for their predator overclass.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The unfortunate part is, he's a lefty.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Welcome back, AxeManiac, god we've missed you.
Cul-de-sac

Heathcliff

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County feels the sting of the self-published author.

Calvin And Hobbes and the peaceful resolution.

Ripley's

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set are more of a Jeopardy house.

Working Daze can't even do lazy geek humor right.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I knew I went too obvious.
Also why did I click?

F Minus

Mary Worth

The audience is probably getting tired of hearing these yellow people talk during the movie.

Rex Morgan MD

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (November 26, 1927)

He's going to get into trouble for talking about his dad's friends outside of the house.

Peanuts (January 26, 1968)

Even if we never see his parents in frame, Chuck comes from a house full of love. :3:

The Suddenly Dick Tracy-less Funky Winkerbean Crossover Event

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way never said a cowboy's life was an easy life. (July 2-3, 1926)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Selachian posted:

From senate.gov:

Butler was Brooks's cousin. And it seems to me we could use more of this sort of language in the Senate these days.

It's about time I agree, that someone started arguing the merits of slavery once again.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's about time I agree, that someone started arguing the merits of slavery once again.

If they did maybe we'd finally actually make it completely illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I don't really know what Autocorrect has to do with any of this.

i actually think a lot of people use autocorrect.

• Locked thread