Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Killed By Death posted:

No, actually. The first fight in mid-lane he was in Mega Gnar and despite being in position to hit multiple people (Dyrus, Santorin, Lustboy, maybe WT) with his ult he didn't use it. Instead he waited for like 5 seconds, then flashed and only got WT.

He's just not a very good Gnar.

He spent the whole time before he flashed getting knocked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Santorin didn't even flex. Very disappointing performance from TSM because of that.

I think the Elise pick didn't work out.

I think I know why Phreak's new beard bothers me. If you would rotate his head so his hair is his beard and his beard is his hair...he would look the same!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 24, 2015

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The Rek'sai sonar ability seems ludicrously good in the competitive scene considering how hugely important vision is for the pros.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Transient People posted:

IT HAPPENED! IT loving HAPPENED! gently caress YES! TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM! WHERE YOU AT CLOUD NINE?! WHERE YOU AT?!

gently caress YES that was so good. Those rotations man! Love 'em! Love 'em to bits! Santorin leveled up, just like they needed!

where did you c/p this from?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Firebert posted:

The entire rest of the world, whom all love tsm, outside of ten guys in this forum. Cheers.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Firebert posted:

Pfft, I get to mark out when my team wins a hard match. I did not believe it until the Nexus went down! I was so scared something terrible would happen and they'd throw but nope. Solid play all around!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Everyone kept begging for more female monsters and now we have Rek'Sai and they call her a male anyway gj Jatt.

Next match is going to be a sleeper. I don't care about Coast or the new DIG right now and I'm not sure anything's going to change that. Unless DIG lets Sheep play Thresh.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I'm actually a lot more interested in the other games than that one cause whatever tsm and c9 are good but I literally don't know if any other team will be good.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
meteos was great their comp was kinda terrible and they just got dominated in map control despite the early lead and an extra sightstone

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am astounded how well TSM did despite losing every dragon but one. That is probably the most surprising thing to me. Even down a few towers, C9 had perfect dragon control and it was not enough.

I would have put a lot more weight onto Dragon but this game makes me back up on that now.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
welcome to the nerd versio nof the view. what do you think about dragons??

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

During I think IEM Cologne Gamsu played the best competitive Gnar game I think I've seen so far, so I am still curious about watching new Dig because he might actually be pretty good. CoreJJ doesn't seem like he's going to be anything special though.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hypocrisy posted:

I am astounded how well TSM did despite losing every dragon but one. That is probably the most surprising thing to me. Even down a few towers, C9 had perfect dragon control and it was not enough.

I would have put a lot more weight onto Dragon but this game makes me back up on that now.

In Season 4 that would've meant a lot more because the Dragon and Baron gold might have kept them in the game longer, but in Season 5 perfect Dragon control doesn't matter if you're losing in turrets and kills because it won't make up for the gold deficit.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

He spent the whole time before he flashed getting knocked up.

Nah, the split second before he flashed he had an easy 3 man stun on Bjerg, Dyrus and Santorin (maybe even 4), he just chose not to.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they just played a replay that had only auto attack and death grunts lmao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

exethan posted:

they just played a replay that had only auto attack and death grunts lmao

that's what happens with replays at like 2x or 3x speed

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lightning Knight posted:

In Season 4 that would've meant a lot more because the Dragon and Baron gold might have kept them in the game longer, but in Season 5 perfect Dragon control doesn't matter if you're losing in turrets and kills because it won't make up for the gold deficit.

No I agree but I thought the dragon buffs, and more importantly keeping those buffs off the enemy team, would make up for that. I would have considered trading a dragon for a turret to be well worth it. Maybe even 2 turrets if you are preventing the enemy team from getting that first buff and you're getting the 4th or 5th buff.

I do like how that last battle ended the way playoffs ended, with WildTurtle critting Sneaky over and over.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they're still talking about the last game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

C9 was ahead in the early game and fluxxed between 100 gold to 1.1k gold behind up until the third team fight where things got away which was around the time C9 got the third dragon.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

exethan posted:

they're still talking about the last game

can these dorks just move on already

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Great P/B from C9. Leave Reksai open so you can get Gnar in first rotation for Balls, let him get a ton of free farm and still watch him play like garbage outside of lane.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hypocrisy posted:

No I agree but I thought the dragon buffs, and more importantly keeping those buffs off the enemy team, would make up for that. I would have considered trading a dragon for a turret to be well worth it. Maybe even 2 turrets if you are preventing the enemy team from getting that first buff and you're getting the 4th or 5th buff.

I do like how that last battle ended the way playoffs ended, with WildTurtle critting Sneaky over and over.

I dunno, this game was just bafflingly bad from C9. Their draft was awful - Meteos on J4 would've made that a completely different game, giving Santorin Rek'Sai was a horrible decision because even if he's completely awful and does nothing of value on his own he can sit in sonar vision and be entirely useful to his team - their rotations, vision control, and wave control were all questionable. How the gently caress did they get outwarded when they had two Sightstones?! Balls and Hai also were not doing work on their chosen champions, even if it would've made them a 4 AD team Hai would've been a lot more useful on Zed or hell, even Orianna (why doesn't he play more Orianna, he's actually good at Orianna!) and Balls did nothing on Gnar at all. Lemon would've been better off on Morgana into Janna and Sneaky just got outranged to hell by Jinx rockets. That was just... really depressing, honestly.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think the gnar pick needs more help from the rest of the team for it to work well. For example a Jarvan or a competent Fizz

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit; this is dumb, derp go dig :toot:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lightning Knight posted:

I dunno, this game was just bafflingly bad from C9. Their draft was awful - Meteos on J4 would've made that a completely different game, giving Santorin Rek'Sai was a horrible decision because even if he's completely awful and does nothing of value on his own he can sit in sonar vision and be entirely useful to his team - their rotations, vision control, and wave control were all questionable. How the gently caress did they get outwarded when they had two Sightstones?! Balls and Hai also were not doing work on their chosen champions, even if it would've made them a 4 AD team Hai would've been a lot more useful on Zed or hell, even Orianna (why doesn't he play more Orianna, he's actually good at Orianna!) and Balls did nothing on Gnar at all. Lemon would've been better off on Morgana into Janna and Sneaky just got outranged to hell by Jinx rockets. That was just... really depressing, honestly.

They basically played all comfort picks, Yolo-Queue style and paid for it, honestly.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

exethan posted:

I think the gnar pick needs more help from the rest of the team for it to work well. For example a Jarvan or a competent Fizz

gnar can easily solo carry a game off one decent ult, i wasn't fully watching but most of balls' ones seemed pretty lovely

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean yeah, poor draft and some questionable play.

But I think it's interesting to see if we've been overvaluing dragon a bit.

Lovechop posted:

gnar can easily solo carry a game off one decent ult, i wasn't fully watching but most of balls' ones seemed pretty lovely

Balls did not play a good Gnar but it's tough finding a good Gnar ult with an Ahri running circles around you and WildTurtle playing super safe/getting protected by a Janna.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

Kinda hard to get a good gnar engage when your fizz is dead / dying before the fight has even started. I think everyone on c9 had a bad game and they could potentially win the next game they play while picking the same champs.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
great we're up for a coast game next!! can't wait to see jesiz sit in mid lane and farm some waves for a while and then just sort of exist on the map while stuff happens around him

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm pretty sure the last game ended almost 45 minutes ago

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

great we're up for a coast game next!! can't wait to see jesiz sit in mid lane and farm some waves for a while and then just sort of exist on the map while stuff happens around him

I accidentally auto-drafted Jesiz for my fantasy team so I'm hoping for some kind of really uncharacteristically great play from him like we've never seen before ever.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

At least he'll be up against Shiphtur who's an aggresive midlaner that forces action.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

exethan posted:

i'm pretty sure the last game ended almost 45 minutes ago

I for one enjoy observing Phreak's bald spot

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Jesus tapdancing christ we're over an hour now right?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
its now been 48 minutes i hosed up earlier

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like I'm going back to just playing an aram in between every game.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
should have said no, who proposes at a league lcs event

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Make Coast forfeit and let's do something else jesus christ.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Asema posted:

should have said no, who proposes at a league lcs event

The kind of person who pays to watch it in person when there's streams going? She was there too so clearly they are both nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Seriously though what's taking so long, I am paying literally no attention to the stream

• Locked thread