Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
rush con8 new viable tactic vs. undead nations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Rod of Death casts undead mastery once per battle. Dawn Fang casts strange fire 3 times per turn.
I'm not done with the recosting, but it's fun messing around when stuff like Holger`s head shits out 20 hoburg crossbows and pikemen a turn rather than have it be thirt shop halloween decoration it is in vanilla.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

*mashes T*

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Can you get duplicates of a the elemental royalties? Say you've summoned three QoEA already. You try to summon a 4th, what happens?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Finnish Flasher posted:

Can you get duplicates of a the elemental royalties? Say you've summoned three QoEA already. You try to summon a 4th, what happens?

Nothing happens. Except you lose your gems, of course. You even get a message telling you how nothing happens in the turn after the ritual.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Unless someone has polymorphed\transformed one of the royalties in which case you get a new one!

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Well assuming someone did spend 50+ nature gems and didn't get a dumb chassis like Rhuax the flying monkey

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I never said it was practical; just that it works. My army of Treelords turned into Bears and Tigers and Boars proves this.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Neruz posted:

I never said it was practical; just that it works. My army of Treelords turned into Bears and Tigers and Boars proves this.

All those worm mages...

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

amuayse posted:

I updated my artifact boosting mod to 0.2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ht5phwjhem70vb/artifacts0_2.dm?dl=0

Autospellrepeat is absolutely hilarious, since you can make an item cast a spell up to 50 times per turn for 50 turns. I made helmet of the dawn cast solar rays 20 times per round for hilarity.

It looks like you tried to give #immortal to several items, but unless I'm missing something, that command doesn't work for items, and it would be pointless anyway since items are dropped on death, even for immortals.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Ah poo, forgot about that. I can still dream.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

How does The Ankh work in game then? IIRC the fluff for it says the bearer can't die or somesuch. :iiam:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

How does The Ankh work in game then? IIRC the fluff for it says the bearer can't die or somesuch. :iiam:

It auto casts life after death.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I don't know what I should do for the Ankh then.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Make it non-unique and have it turn into like 7 different ankhs to be found after the fight. :dong:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

amuayse posted:

Make a new immortal undead chassis and have the Ankh cast a spell to turn the caster into it.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Cynic Jester posted:

Make a new immortal undead chassis and have the Ankh cast a spell to turn the caster into it.

Can't be done, unfortunately.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Speleothing posted:

Can't be done, unfortunately.

You can use killcom to do something like that, but that'll just erase all your paths. I'll just give it the ability to shoot deathrays or something

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

amuayse posted:

After you die it still takes up your inventory slot but doesn't bring you back to life anymore. Original idea do not steal.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What nation do you guys think is the most boring non UW nation fluffwise? I personally think Abysia and MA Mari.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

What nation do you guys think is the most boring non UW nation fluffwise? I personally think Abysia and MA Mari.
MA Arco.

"It's Greeks, some of them are gay, some of them are good at astral magic I guess"

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

amuayse posted:

EA Ermor. In an age of giants, demons, and demigods, they're a pure human nation with no defining characteristics beyond "being Roman".

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
They have like an internal conflict thing going on and some lizard guys, at least.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'd say a lot of the oldest nations like your Arcos and Ermor, Marverni and Mans and such are pretty boring. You can really see a distinct difference between those nations and the new stuff like Nazca and the Zotses and jewish giants and others in regards to background, fluff, cool units, and unique mechanics.

So yeah nations of little men with spears and not much else are due for a revamp.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

buff firemans

Absum
May 28, 2013

Not really anyone, MA Man or Arco if I had to pick someone probably. You can't have only super special unique nations imo, some "normal humans" are needed and I feel most human nations have decent enough themes&things to make up for it (well except MA Arco I guess they don't really have a thing).

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
MA Arcos's thing is being the best at mind hunting.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Kitfox88 posted:

buff firemans
EA and MA need more national identity. EA just needs a straight up buff.

MA Arco just feels straight up boring since they lack the fantastic elements of EA or the cool Macedonian elements of LA. MA Man just feels Eriu-Elves+Knights with the same exact magic paths.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

amuayse posted:

EA and MA need more national identity. EA just needs a straight up buff.

MA Arco just feels straight up boring since they lack the fantastic elements of EA or the cool Macedonian elements of LA. MA Man just feels Eriu-Elves+Knights with the same exact magic paths.

MA Arco sucks because it's cap only troops and its cap only mages are the same as their regulars, but with a slight upgrade.

They're Classical Greeks at the height of Classical Greek culture, they ought to at least keep the engineers/mage engineers/philosophers of EA - which is supposed to be the mythological Greeks anyway. And why not give them sailing, too?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
2015-01-26 22:56:09 +0100
* Monster Pretenders
* Demonic Locusts
* Uncurable dementia and associated bug fix

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Speleothing posted:

MA Arco sucks because it's cap only troops and its cap only mages are the same as their regulars, but with a slight upgrade.

They're Classical Greeks at the height of Classical Greek culture, they ought to at least keep the engineers/mage engineers/philosophers of EA - which is supposed to be the mythological Greeks anyway. And why not give them sailing, too?

Or make them Spartan-like. After all, if EA is "mythical Athens", MA can by mythical Sparta after they win the mythical Peloponnissian war. Leaving LA as mythic Macedonia (with gorillas).

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

But would that just give them better spearmans? It's all greek to me. :agesilaus:

M_Bison
Mar 15, 2014

amuayse posted:

* Monster Pretenders
* Demonic Locusts

Just google image searching "Demonic Locust" got me excited for the new patch. :getin:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

* Monster Pretenders
* Demonic Locusts

The game was really lacking in the "demonic locusts" department, you see.

:P

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

But would that just give them better spearmans? It's all greek to me. :agesilaus:
Basically Arco and Pan should be combined into one, interesting, Greek nation.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Basically Arco and Pan should be combined into one, interesting, Greek nation.

Like Oceania / Pelagia, imo.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I should finish that mod.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

jBrereton posted:

Yeah I should finish that mod.

Ugh, this reminds me, I have my own mod to finish. Too bad I can't do anything this week, though. I'm spending the entire day at university for a block seminar, so I'm a bit busy. Block seminar: The entire curriculum for a semester crammed into one week. :shepface:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Turin Turambar posted:

The game was really lacking in the "demonic locusts" department, you see.

:P
I'm personally interested since it could mean other monsters from the Book of Revelation. The Four Horsemen were in Conquest of Elysium, so they might turn up in Dominions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

sullat posted:

Or make them Spartan-like. After all, if EA is "mythical Athens", MA can by mythical Sparta after they win the mythical Peloponnissian war. Leaving LA as mythic Macedonia (with gorillas).

I really like this idea. EA Arco has its own flavour but MA and LA are very similar and could use this kind of distinction. It sounds like something Kristoffer would do anyway.

• Locked thread