Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
All hunt mobs need hardcoded triggers that do things such as enable 100% damage reflect if they take more than X% damage in Y seconds, if for no other reason than to watch as hundreds of people instantly explode like when fighting Agrippa (Hellsclaw dies before it can do countermeasures).

Not because it'd make the mobs live longer, but because people freak out so much when they die because they really want all that credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

ilifinicus posted:

I used to only hit the macro once I was on top of the hunt, which was good enough in 2.3 and 2.4 when we had pull times

I've changed it (today) to be usable the moment I get a coordinate linked to me
I always just <flag> whenever I bother to relink.

Haven't really bothered recently since load times are just terrible, even if I'm on ts and in a premade group I don't make it about 20% of the time.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Are we still posting pictures of our femroes, is that still happening

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The inventory struggles of leveling crafting jobs. :confuoot:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I still struggle daily with wanting to fantasia my catgirl to femroe. Thinking of just changing both retainers to femroe so that I have enough of that in my life to sate my need..

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hello, my pale twin!

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
Why are you all placing the wrong race? Onion or bust.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Femroe is the only acceptable race after potato. All others go home now please

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Poultron posted:

This is correct and factual.

No better pictures cause I'm out of sub time.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Technogeek posted:

Also, people seem to confuse goons with 4chan.

Their confusion must come from the assumption that they are mutually exclusive.

:rimshot:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

You know how your parents always told you not to make stupid faces often or it'd get stuck like that?

Apparently the same can happen with the new /hildy emote.

h e l p

You can use the expression emotes after you've finished the pose for added hilarity, apparently.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

You know how your parents always told you not to make stupid faces often or it'd get stuck like that?

Apparently the same can happen with the new /hildy emote.

h e l p

You can use the expression emotes after you've finished the pose for added hilarity, apparently.

It's like you went to pose and flexed the wrong abdominal muscles. That picture is purposefully cut off at waist height for a reason.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

stanislav posted:

After having this active for over 12 hours there was enough data to come to a conclusion. We attempted to do hunts ourselves and also contacted many users in the community that both use and don't use Guildwork to get a sense of how things were going.

People still pull early even when Guildwork is not the source of information. All it takes is 1 bad apple.
The real problem is that Excalibur is a very high population server, the content is old, and people have much better gear than 2.3 and the rewards are too good.
It was nearly impossible just relying on Guildwork to get to the hunts on time and get credit with the delay.
A lot of people do rely on Guildwork and that was seen because shouts didn't start appearing until Guildwork reported the hunt 30 seconds late.
Guildwork is not magic and still requires that someone is near the mob to get a report about it. If you don't want to use Guildwork but want the hunt information. Use http://guildwork.com/games/ffxiv#/excalibur/huntsthis page updates in real-time with active hunts and is about as bad as the data mining done by sites like xivdb.com
It must really suck for PS3/PS4 players so we are going to develop a feature that will allow you to get push notifications about hunts without running the Guildwork plugin.

CONCLUSION: Guildwork is just being used as a scapegoat for the problem and the delay has been removed.

Whew, glad that is over with.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
There's no such thing as "early pulling" when it comes to hunts or FATEs.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Eej posted:

Whew, glad that is over with.

in additional shocking news, water is wet

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I've elected to stop being a cat and instead be a potato for the time being

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

The new drama is because the guildwork client is basically required to do hunts on Excalibur, and the author doesn't want to see a crackdown on his already ToS-breaking app by having it be required for content, so it waits 30 seconds now before notifying everyone of new hunts but only on Excalibur.

This excites Vandes because it gets people back on the TS and honestly he's not entirely incorrect in that because people are pulling immediately with really only needing the Guildwork notifications to participate and are not required to respect other players. However, having rules and decorum so that you can allow everyone to get hunt rewards is considered fascism of the highest order to a bunch of pubbies who claim to have been banned for "no reason" despite it being kind of obvious why based on their general saltiness over the whole affair.

I hope this helps everyone enjoy :munch: over this. My advice is generally to not try to poopsocks hunts right now because they seem absurd and frustrating as they never really fixed the problems from when they were introduced, which is really the root cause of this practical demonstration of the tragedy of the commons.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Pikachu posted:

I've elected to stop being a cat and instead be a potato for the time being

Wise choice friend

Poultron fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 25, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Murder all lalafells.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Potato people are for eating. The wildlife of Eorzea agrees.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Velthice posted:

Potato people are for eating. The wildlife of Eorzea agrees.

Lalafell should be able to be eaten whole by Cerberus regardless whether they're mini or not.

Ashen Karshe
Mar 29, 2012
Midlander Hyur. A rare breed indeed.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Ashen Karshe posted:

Midlander Hyur. A rare breed indeed.

just needs a fedora to complete the look

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Counterpoint: Potatoes are great.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So, game owns.

That just means that I need to get up at 4am some morning to make a character on the right server. :suicide:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

hobbesmaster posted:

So, game owns.

That just means that I need to get up at 4am some morning to make a character on the right server. :suicide:

A very minor sacrifice for the greater good.

Ashen Karshe
Mar 29, 2012

Pikachu posted:

My fabulous hair is not meant to be covered.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pikachu posted:

:agreed:

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Hey, I don't know if this got posted yet, but someone made a website that has a bot auto-check server availibity and email you when character creation is open - great for you new goons trying to roll on Excalibur.

http://www.world-alerts.com/

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

hobbesmaster posted:

So, game owns.

Have fun, I've resigned myself to knowing I probably won't get in until monday morning :(. On the bright side I did finally decide on a look and name, assuming the latter isn't taken.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

armoredgorilla posted:

A very minor sacrifice for the greater good.

I get a THM up to 20 on some other server... I don't know what I want to start with on excalibur. Setting things on fire is just so fun but then I'd have to run through the same Uldah quests again

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

:eyepop: holy poo poo

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

hobbesmaster posted:

So, game owns.

It's one night of annoyance for joining an active, vibrant server. It's worth the effort.

(Though I do worry that, with much more activity, Square may permanently lock the server.)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Looks like the Guildwork delay is removed now, after observing it for some time it turns out that Guildwork isn't really what is causing people to be assholes, especially since it only takes one rear end in a top hat to ruin a hunt for everyone.

https://guildwork.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203391449-Guildwork-Hunts

It'd be nice if SE would fix hunts for servers like ours especially :(

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Boten Anna posted:

Looks like the Guildwork delay is removed now, after observing it for some time it turns out that Guildwork isn't really what is causing people to be assholes, especially since it only takes one rear end in a top hat to ruin a hunt for everyone.

https://guildwork.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203391449-Guildwork-Hunts

It'd be nice if SE would fix hunts for servers like ours especially :(

How do you fix something like that?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Poultron posted:

This is the most correct thing that's been said in the whole thread

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Here, have an absurd official forum safari.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/216201-Please-No-More-Try-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-For-Free

Pubbie wants the trial removed. Thankfully a lot of people disagree with him. His reasoning?

quote:

Because people play with too many lag. It's impossible to play. I'm a player from Chile. Everytime square enix start a free trial game dutys become to slow and with many lag.

Finally, im requesting to square enix team from final fantasy xiv mmo online game NO MORE FREE TRIAL For Free.

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

Verranicus posted:

How do you fix something like that?

Remove all the non-vanity rewards or instance them. Or encourage not sharing information like in older games (which they won't do since it's the opposite of what hunts were designed for).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Boten Anna posted:

The new drama is because the guildwork client is basically required to do hunts on Excalibur, and the author doesn't want to see a crackdown on his already ToS-breaking app by having it be required for content, so it waits 30 seconds now before notifying everyone of new hunts but only on Excalibur.

This excites Vandes because it gets people back on the TS and honestly he's not entirely incorrect in that because people are pulling immediately with really only needing the Guildwork notifications to participate and are not required to respect other players. However, having rules and decorum so that you can allow everyone to get hunt rewards is considered fascism of the highest order to a bunch of pubbies who claim to have been banned for "no reason" despite it being kind of obvious why based on their general saltiness over the whole affair.

I hope this helps everyone enjoy :munch: over this. My advice is generally to not try to poopsocks hunts right now because they seem absurd and frustrating as they never really fixed the problems from when they were introduced, which is really the root cause of this practical demonstration of the tragedy of the commons.

Like gettin' banned for talking to someone's GF right

• Locked thread