Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

darth cookie posted:

Wouldn't fit on that fit, and the guy I was using couldn't use it anyway.

Replace the T2 scram with a meta-4 (same range, 3M more) and you can absolutely fit a expanded probe launcher on there. Confessors have a 95% reduction in probe launcher CPU requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Replace the T2 scram with a meta-4 (same range, 3M more) and you can absolutely fit a expanded probe launcher on there. Confessors have a 95% reduction in probe launcher CPU requirements.

I couldn't use it because I didn't have the skill trained for it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

who the hell do you think I am that you have me confused with a brony :psyduck:

Didn't you accuse me of being a brony when I first joined GF? :ironicat:

darth cookie posted:

I couldn't use it because I didn't have the skill trained for it.

It's two hours of training to fit the T1 launcher, and 15 days of training for T2 + 8 probes, mate-r-ino. And it's super awesome for Confessors -- and a bunch of other ships. Train it :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
At least I had a reason! boydozer's reasoning was:
(9:16:59 PM) mandozerthegreat: oh
(9:17:04 PM) mandozerthegreat: wow i didn't realize
(9:17:25 PM) mandozerthegreat: i saw the avatar and pink text and was like gently caress this guy
(9:17:49 PM) mandozerthegreat: whoops

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Train it :)

Make me. :colbert:

I will eventually because its always useful to have 2 characters that can scan in WHs, but its low on my list of priorities when I have a dedicated scanning character.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Wulfling posted:

That actually happened? I'd never heard those tales before.

6-24 gave no fucks if you pulled it down and put it back up again. It didn't care if you were a CCP Dev with Dev powers. 6-24 will loving kill you .

Google around for an old goon fleet wiki mirror if you don't have goonwaffe access yet and read up on that former sentient killing machine.

Vvv holyshit how does a group or guy (I think it's a one man alt corp) lose that much poo poo and still have isk? They lost a charon in M-0, who does that :psyduck:

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 24, 2015

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98354368/

This may be the worst corp in EVE. Over half a dozen JF losses in the same system since christmas. This doesn't even count their carrier losses in the same loving system.

CruelCoin
Jan 23, 2015

Elmnt80 posted:

This may be the worst corp in EVE. Over half a dozen JF losses in the same system since christmas. This doesn't even count their carrier losses in the same loving system.

Holy loving wall of red batman!

Destroyed 1.05b
Lost 119.91b

dem stats

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Well they are good at what they do for sure.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Elmnt80 posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/44057847/

The pain. And the loot fairy dropped the capital rigs, what a loving lucky ganker.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MorsAnima posted:

The pain. And the loot fairy dropped the capital rigs, what a loving lucky ganker.

I don't move 1.2 billion isk worth of stuff in a T1 hauler often, but when I do, I use undersized storyline propmods :v:

Magnuslord
Jul 19, 2008
How DA fuq do you loose a jump freighter more than once in a month!? Good gawd man Ant Kurvora!!! Tension reducing laughter ensues.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
They've had at least a couple of their jump freighters killed by Doomsdays, how does that work? Can you lock and kill a jump freighter before it docks because of that session timer or was it probably bumped off?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

"deadtear is probably a brony"

said nobody ever

I just assume everyone in GoonWaffe is brony.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

They've had at least a couple of their jump freighters killed by Doomsdays, how does that work? Can you lock and kill a jump freighter before it docks because of that session timer or was it probably bumped off?

They were probably jumpin to a pos rather than the station, because there's like a 15 second spool-up on the doomsday so there's plenty of time to dock up or whatever when the titan shows up

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Magnuslord posted:

How DA fuq do you loose a jump freighter more than once in a month!? Good gawd man Ant Kurvora!!! Tension reducing laughter ensues.

Seriously the more looking at kill mails I do for that Corp the more I think it's some kind of convoluted isk laundering RMT operation I just can't wrap my head around the level of the stupid involved.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

rocket_Magnet posted:

6-24 gave no fucks if you pulled it down and put it back up again. It didn't care if you were a CCP Dev with Dev powers. 6-24 will loving kill you .

I remember all of reports from that time where people would never dare sit to long in that POS from fear of getting randomly killed, which happened quite often.

During the Delve war against BoB in QY6, that tower was a wrecking machine on any hostiles that landed on grid (including a sieged revelation) without shooting a single blue for days, but the minute that hostiles left system that fricken tower started tackling and popping goons.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I just assume everyone in GoonWaffe is brony.

The first time my wife saw our corp logo on a station she asked what a Goonwaffe was and why it involved unicorns.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Ullerrm I need fitting advice.

I want to make an anti frig cruiser for Deklein home defence stuff. I was thinking Caracal but my Caldari Cruiser skill is only 3 while I have level 5 in Minmatar Cruiser. Would a Bellicose be a better option?

On top of that everyone know what a Caracal means but few people seem to know what a Bellicose is all about.

If you have the isk orthruses (orthrusi?) are the best anit-frigate ships around. The wiki has two good fits https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Orthrus

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

L0cke17 posted:

If you have the isk orthruses (orthrusi?) are the best anit-frigate ships around. The wiki has two good fits https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Orthrus

Not that dedicated. The fits posted are fine. I'll work with those. Thanks all.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

Sometimes the loot fairy is bad, sometimes it's adorable. You have to deal with it, and please don't move 1b+ (not even 100m actually) in a T1 Hauler.. would've been worth it spending some isk on Red Frog and being safe. I don't know if that was you but it was a very useless and idiotic loss.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
So I'm in the mood to gently caress a specific person up. Complete carebear, mostly mines and builds poo poo but can barely fly a ratting ship, nevermind something that can PVP with any efficiency. Finding random miners to blow up is easy enough but I'm wondering if there's any tools or tricks that would help with finding where he hangs out. I mean, beyond asking him which I doubt would work that well.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
locator agents

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
Just googled that right quick and that's perfect, thank you.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Glalev posted:

Finding random miners to blow up is easy enough

I'm about to get back into EVE and I want to focus on making a character to do this. Can anyone recommend a fit for this? Any tips would be most welcome.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
Depends a lot on your personal style, but If you don't mind the slight time investment, a cov ops ship focused on sudden burst damage and able to use combat probes works pretty well. Find miner, fly to shooting range (or point/scram range if you field that) and then make their dull mining suddenly a lot more interesting.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

neurotech posted:

I'm about to get back into EVE and I want to focus on making a character to do this. Can anyone recommend a fit for this? Any tips would be most welcome.

If you're in the CFC, join miniluv. Lots of stuff on the forum and there's usually someone willing to go blow up miners.

As far as fits, this is the t2 we usually fly:

[Catalyst - T2 Ion Catalyst]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Conjunctive Magnetometric ECCM Scanning Array I
Initiated Harmonic Warp Scrambler I

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Dr. Pangloss posted:

If you're in the CFC, join miniluv. Lots of stuff on the forum and there's usually someone willing to go blow up miners.

As far as fits, this is the t2 we usually fly:

[Catalyst - T2 Ion Catalyst]

Conjunctive Magnetometric ECCM Scanning Array I
Initiated Harmonic Warp Scrambler I

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

Thanks. The problem is that I'm in Australia - are people active in miniluv at all times?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the leader of the sig lives in japan

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the leader of the sig lives in japan

Okay, great. Can someone remind me what CFC stands for? It's been a while.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Chloro Fluoro Carbon. We are killing the earth and contributing to increased cancer rates.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

corn fed chiropractors

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

cool fart comrades

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

considers felching copasetic

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Canadians loving Children

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Christian Family Coalition

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Conservative Funded Cossacks.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Cock Fagging Cooperative

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
Cuckold Felching Cumswappers