Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Sion was picked at least once in EU LCS earlier this week and in the previous round of LCK I think. I have yet to see it actually work though.

E: Sivir ult doesn't really help Sion's chances.

Mr. Sickos fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Sion has been working very well in Korea, players in EU and NA don't have the ability to hit an ultimate.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Flaresz Renenkton reminds me of the Season 2 Proxy Farming raid bosses that Shy, MakNoon, and Stanley would play all game, down to constantly laughing through lane because no one can do fuckall about him

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that sion dance was sick tho

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Winterfox's coach has possibly the dumbest haircut ive ever seen

stump collector
May 28, 2007

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

that sion dance was sick tho

Rurea posted:

I think his screenname is Toptiertopknot

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Is the coach of Winterfox seriously the Velocity guy?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rurea posted:

Dude's apparently a last airbender fan okay?

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I looked it up and that is indeed Guitar, the guy who managed Velocity and Evil Geniuses. He benched every single Velocity player without any warning to cash in on a deal with EG, and had Altec sleep on the floor for months because all the rooms in the gaming house was occupied by benched players.

Too bad, because it looked like WFX had a chance.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alcatrash posted:

Is the coach of Winterfox seriously the Velocity guy?

They said that's just the team owner, apparently they have a Korean coach who couldn't be there this week.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Alcatrash posted:

Too bad, because it looked like WFX had a chance.

What?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Oh boy it's Rhux.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sion will definitely be in the top lane mix this season. He has already had some monster games in Korea in the preseason and a few nice ones in the regular season.

Libertine posted:

Oh boy it's Rhux.

this is what the opposing team says

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Protect the Keith comp incoming.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

He's one of the shady/lovely managers in E-Sports.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Is Apollo whats his face? Guy who died 3 times before 2 minutes in his debut?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Is Apollo whats his face? Guy who died 3 times before 2 minutes in his debut?

Yeah that's Wizfujin

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The obsessive pinging in this game is making it hard to listen to.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lets go Quas

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
God TL is going to be so good once they get Piglet and a few weeks of practice under their belts.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Janna is seriously retarded and I'm surprised Riot hasn't addressed her yet after she's been crazy dominant all of last season carrying on into this one.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A cool drat horse posted:

Janna is seriously retarded and I'm surprised Riot hasn't addressed her yet after she's been crazy dominant all of last season carrying on into this one.

She didn't get a ton of play for most of last season and they have or are about to nerf her Q radius

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I like how Team Liquid thematically got Frost Queen Janna, Winter Wonder Lulu and Default Nunu.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

exethan posted:

She didn't get a ton of play for most of last season and they have or are about to nerf her Q radius

She consistently had one of the highest winrates in the game and had to compete with a broken Braum for a good portion of the season as well. The Q radius nerf isn't enough when she also has an insanely large shield and huge ratio heal on her ultimate as well. Her disengage is just too loving strong for a champion who lends a lot to offensive engages as well.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

She consistently had one of the highest winrates in the game and had to compete with a broken Braum for a good portion of the season as well. The Q radius nerf isn't enough when she also has an insanely large shield and huge ratio heal on her ultimate as well. Her disengage is just too loving strong for a champion who lends a lot to offensive engages as well.

lol ok well let me explain it to you slowly then

everything else that beat her in lane got nerfed throughout the year. Around the time of regional playoffs / worlds group stages she became a power pick. they didn't change a lot over the end of season/preseason because they shipped so many other changes. Now she's getting nerfed.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
KOG'MAW STATUS: PROTECTED

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
gently caress! I'm so god drat tired of seeing Janna after seeing her at worlds months ago and then nothing for months and now somehow she's still a champion in the game. Why can't we have a fifth straight year of my gay man wife, thresh.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

exethan posted:

lol ok well let me explain it to you slowly then

everything else that beat her in lane got nerfed throughout the year. Around the time of regional playoffs / worlds group stages she became a power pick. they didn't change a lot over the end of season/preseason because they shipped so many other changes. Now she's getting nerfed.

Saying they didn't change her because they changed other things makes no sense and I don't know what consistently beat janna in lane in season 4 anyway. I think most people knew by midseason that janna was bonkers and nerfing her q radius isn't enough.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Ahaha what the hell

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I drafted Piglet and couldn't replace him with Keith :downs:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Libertine posted:

I like how Team Liquid thematically got Frost Queen Janna, Winter Wonder Lulu and Default Nunu.

What are the rules for skins, exactly? It seems like they usually aren't allowed to use legacy/limited skins but now I'm seeing the Snowdown skins and Championship Thresh.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Saying they didn't change her because they changed other things makes no sense and I don't know what consistently beat janna in lane in season 4 anyway. I think most people knew by midseason that janna was bonkers and nerfing her q radius isn't enough.

they didn't change her because she wasn't a dominant competitive pick you dingus

if a champ has a high win rate and a huge pick/ban in solo queue rate they would also get looked at. she had one but not both.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

What are the rules for skins, exactly? It seems like they usually aren't allowed to use legacy/limited skins but now I'm seeing the Snowdown skins and Championship Thresh.

They used to have a lot more rules about skins in competitive because so many skins were coded poorly and had random spell effect glitches. I think Riot has cleaned up most of that stuff and allow pros to use almost any skin now.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
I'm glad that despite the rebranding IWD still sounds like he's about two seconds from going axe murderer on everyone.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

They've only banned certain skins that give small advantages. I don't remember the list of skins, but there used to be one out.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flameingblack posted:

They've only banned certain skins that give small advantages. I don't remember the list of skins, but there used to be one out.

Reddit just had a thread on this and here is the list those shitlords put together:

Underworld TF (invisible cards)
Tango TF (appears as a smaller hitbox)
Justicar Syndra (difficult to see spells)
Hired Gun Lucian (light aa, but might be spectator only)
Loch Ness Cho (appears as smaller hitbox, doesn't really matter for cho tho)
Ghost Bride Morgana (difficult to see Q)
Steel Legion Lux (smaller visual on spells)
Archlight Varus (particles)
Arctic Ops Varus (no Q charge sound)
Octoberfest Gragas (appears as smaller hitbox)
iBlitz (pull is hard to see)
Nunu Bot (smaller ingame model)
Marquis Vladimir (appears as smaller hitbox)
Totemic Maokai (no lamp so slightly smaller model)
Hired Gun Graves (smaller ingame model)
Prestigious Leblanc (smaller ingame model)
Frostfire Annie (light particles and nearly impossible to see stun with shield active)
Pool Party Ziggs (bombs are more difficult to predict)
Eternum Nocturne (Q seems larger)
Pulsefire Ezreal (Q appears larger)
Santa Gragas (smaller barrels)
(Robot Amumu in the start when his laugh was global)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Pretty sure I've seen pool party Ziggs quite a bit when he was popular.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Invalid Validation posted:

Pretty sure I've seen pool party Ziggs quite a bit when he was popular.

I did say the list came from Reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Good point.

• Locked thread