Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So much filler in the ACC this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Jastiger posted:

Its like Iowa State looks GOOD when they play well, btu when they don't they look like poo poo. So schizophrenic they are.

Last year's team was sort of like this too, but they didn't have these extended runs of being completely inept in all aspects of basketball offense.

Texas Tech is maybe the worst team in the league, but they shot uncharacteristically well (I won't disrespect the effort and call it luck, but it is uncharacteristic), it's a strong league and it's a road game and the final score ended up being close. Not sure if the sky is falling yet.

All of ISU's losses this year have been like this (play like complete poo poo for most of the game, somehow lose by a reasonably close score in the end) which I guess is better than just getting steamrolled.

Last year was our chance to win it all I think, the team had probably a little more overall talent (Ejim and Kane were really good) and without Niang's foot injury I think they had a serious chance, especially since there was no juggernaut Kentucky team that's going to push your poo poo in if they play a good game no matter who the opponent is.

Ross fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 25, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the committee takes just three Pac-12 teams: Arizona, Utah, and whichever of Stanford/Oregon/Washington/Oregon St. sucks the least down the stretch

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
baylor, bitch. baylor beats ou, OU blows out texas, who beats iowa st, who beats kansas, who beats baylor

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Was out doing some stuff and UMKC BB came on the radio, they're honoring their 1991-92 team that went 21-7 tonight (and apparently they inducted the whole team into their hall of fame) and are wearing throwbacks. Decided to track the game down to see the uniforms and they're powder blue (awesome!) with yellow numbers and trim (uh, ok) and...pink socks.

It's on the WAC DN channel 3 if anyone else wants to see these things and/or watch terrible basketball.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 25, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh forgot to add the only thing anyone outside of KC might remember about that team, poor Tony Dumas was on it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Michigan just hit a deep 3 to likely push this game to OT, nice shot.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
my heart can't take this

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

What a horrible loving call

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
Really enjoying this dickish commentary on timeout rules/ref delays. Who is the color commentator on this anyway?

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

gently caress Michigan and gently caress Harbaugh.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't think CSU has missed a shot yet

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV shouldn't have won, but whatever feels good to get a win

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Well, IU is probably going to get killed @OSU, but it could be a fun game, especially if IU starts fast.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Crean is already irritating me. Stay off the court, man.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I think a lot IU fans would agree with me when I say that I would kind of hate Crean if he wasn't my team's coach.

Good start from IU so far. They seem to have started right where they left off from Maryland.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Can we just make the first 5 minutes of every game an exhibition? Pretty sure we'd be undefeated that way.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Is anyone else having a hell of a time with CBS streaming? It's barely functioning for me right now.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Russell :stare:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

This team just falls apart as soon as Zeisloft and/or Robinson come on.

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
Turnoverpalooza. I've seen this show before. OSU is going to win easily if IU keeps this poo poo up.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I'm surprised that IU has managed to keep it this close, with how lovely they've been playing over the last few minutes.

E: and somehow we're tied

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Virginia in a lot of trouble at VT. Down 10 with 10 to go and they can't buy a bucket

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Ungratek posted:

Virginia in a lot of trouble at VT. Down 10 with 10 to go and they can't buy a bucket

i hope they lose, because it would be funny

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That's rude

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

yeah, this game is pretty much over i think

good try, hoosiers

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Russell-Tate-Loving combo is really fun to watch, it's too bad there are no decent big men on the team to round it out. IU can't really punish OSU for having no big men, so they have a chance this game.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

anne frank fanfic posted:

i hope they lose, because it would be funny

also they deserve to be punished for playing anti-basketball

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

17-2 run for Virginia turns it completely around! 5 pt lead with 2 to go

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ungratek posted:

17-2 run for Virginia turns it completely around! 5 pt lead with 2 to go

That oop was sick as hell, if UVA did more poo poo like that people wouldn't hate them.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Could give zero shits whether people like them or not

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

St. John's wants to ruin the Coach K narrative

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
haha they passed out of the open 3

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
This duke-St. John's game has been pretty good. Besides him coaching duke and them being the worst is there any real reason to dislike Coach K?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

anne frank fanfic posted:

haha they passed out of the open 3

Yeah they suck and it's a good thing they lost gently caress VT

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
At least Yogi showed up today

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

best game of the season by ohio state. i probably shouldn't get my hopes up, though.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gus is heating up

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Is Mickey Krzyzewski dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Is Lavin still getting ridiculous recruiting classes and doing nothing with them?

• Locked thread