Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Fucknag posted:

Just a little "Hello" to overly curious passers-by.

"Oh, hey, wonder what this does..."
*DEAF*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Wire that to a train horn.

My vote is on this.

You could laugh your rear end off at someone elses expense form a half mile away.

E: Better yet. write "Don't flip" with a sharpie next to the switch.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

A little of this.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

"Oh, hey, wonder what this does..."
*DEAF*

Please do this but put it on a couple second delay. Flip it nothing, flip it a few more times...then deaf.

WTF was that supposed to be wired to? Why the hell would you put a loving switch on the front of a vehicle...oh yeah REDNECKS

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That is the best worst switch in the history of cars.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.

cursedshitbox posted:

My vote is on this.

You could laugh your rear end off at someone elses expense form a half mile away.

E: Better yet. write "More Magic" with a sharpie next to the switch.

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/magic-story.html

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Haha the only thing I can think of would be a winch but even then that should be on a remote to do it from the other end.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Fixing the roof hole with a stop-gap and flushing the entire cooling system tonight on the Comanche.

Some new-ish Legacy is gonna use the lift to replace his shift lever tonight :psyduck:

Turbo swap tomorrow, junkyard shennanigans with the dude that ran through the wall on Sunday. Looking to be a good weekend.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Adiabatic posted:

^^^^ Totally gonna go all that soon. Thanks for the info! ^^^^

Welp, just found this bullshit on the roof:

That rust spot from the CB antenna is 6" across.

The hole is straight through to the headliner. Gonna pull the interior this Saturday to see if the floors are rusting from rain.

:argh: loving HILLBILLIES :argh:

http://www.amazon.com/National-Hardware-Viewer-Satin-Nickel/dp/B000OD2L00/ref=pd_sim_hi_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=12YPNHFC93V2MX1XFFTT

fixed. :colbert:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
:roflolmao:

You really should just because. Or put a periscope in there.

Also I found some things you may be interested in today at the junkyard... one of the (fairly rare) factory hitches, it's been somewhat modified and badly welded to by some hillrod but it shouldn't be hard to put back how it was and add some safety chain hooks to it. Not sure the factory ones ever had safety chain hooks, now that I think about it. And a spare set of tail lights. Oh, and a d44! I need to figure out what sort of shell game is happening with all of the MJ d44s floating around, but hopefully this will mean a 3.55 geared one makes its way to you and another to iForge.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Please do this but put it on a couple second delay. Flip it nothing, flip it a few more times...then deaf.

WTF was that supposed to be wired to? Why the hell would you put a loving switch on the front of a vehicle...oh yeah REDNECKS

I had an '83 Olds Regency 98 in high school that was my grandpa's old car. It had a keyhole in the front driver's side fender for one of those round barrel keys you use with bike locks. I didn't know what the gently caress, until I was at my grandparents' house, and found some old keys...including one that looked like it'd fit.

So I used it in the lock, opened the door...and this earsplitting monotone wail came out of the car, starting low and gradually increasing in pitch / volume, until it peaked and just stayed constant. It sounded exactly like an air raid siren. It became great fun in parking garages and any other time terrible loud noises could be used for humorous purposes.

Ah, the good old days, when you had to arm your car alarm with a barrel key. :corsair: At least it was basically impossible to ignore from anywhere within 30 feet.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Some old Porsches and I think BMWs were offered with a similar system, don't know if it was factory or dealer installed though.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

kastein posted:

:roflolmao:

You really should just because. Or put a periscope in there.

Also I found some things you may be interested in today at the junkyard... one of the (fairly rare) factory hitches, it's been somewhat modified and badly welded to by some hillrod but it shouldn't be hard to put back how it was and add some safety chain hooks to it. Not sure the factory ones ever had safety chain hooks, now that I think about it. And a spare set of tail lights. Oh, and a d44! I need to figure out what sort of shell game is happening with all of the MJ d44s floating around, but hopefully this will mean a 3.55 geared one makes its way to you and another to iForge.

Wowza. I'd be very much appreciative of that Kastein.

In other news, I set out to unfuck the Comanche today.

First things first:

Welp, a mere three days into Jeep ownership I have gone full redneck:

It's full-on country music and cousin-fuckin from here, boys.

I'm letting the rust-inhibiting paint dry right now while I take a break to update you fine folks. Gonna go through the cooling system in a bit and see if I can't find the issue.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

There really was no other option.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
WTF, that's a bullshit repair. I expected better. You didn't use a grade 8 bolt.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
The redskins decal in the trash really sells the scene.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh also last night I did a short throw shifter on a Legacy or something whatever

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
How long do you have to leave the MJ out of the workshop before you're able to work on something else without cussing people for "buyin' dem furrin cars"?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

"Finished" product:

Here's a sense of scale:

Girlfriend came over and had me fix her battery terminal issue:

She thinks it's a big deal :3:

After talking with Kastein, I'm looking for UV poo poo for the nail in the coffin on the trans-fluid -> coolant issue. The brown poo poo smells like detergent so I'm fairly certain the oil cooler has failed. Might pick one up when I go hunting for Jeep parts tomorrow.

Got my :butt: :burger: spreadsheet all set:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I still would have preferred the periscope idea but I think you nailed it with that one.

kastein posted:

WTF, that's a bullshit repair. I expected better. You didn't use a grade 8 bolt.

:lol:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Missed opportunity to mount a roof scoop

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Hey iForge I hope you like the Jets.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
What you REALLY oughta do with the switch is combine the "Useless Box" and horn into one. Flip the switch, horn starts blaring, finger comes out and turns it off.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Roommate already said he'd donate a momentary switch to the cause........

Edit: instead of a momentary switch I could use existing and have it control a timer relay on the horn circuit. Flip the switch, get a 5 second blast of air horn. Oh dear. This may have to become a thing.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 26, 2015

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Adiabatic posted:

Hey iForge I hope you like the Jets.

:glomp:

Also, I just noticed our rear bumpers match.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Adiabatic posted:

"Finished" product:

Here's a sense of scale:

Stick a nipple tassel over it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Stick a nipple tassel over it.

A little fez.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Pulled a brand spankin new radiator with auto oil cooler from a Comanche on Sunday:

Might even find some time between work and school to actually put it in this week!

I also pulled a 5 speed transmission, transfer case, and front driveshaft from an '89 Cherokee and figured out it was the lovely Peugeot one right when I got it home :downs:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Also don't ask me why the gently caress, because I don't even begin to understand, but Subaru people spent last Thursday night taking pictures of Subarus in my garage and this is apparently the only picture that came out decent:

Edit: oh wait they got this one too:

:shrug:

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 27, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Only Subaru owners would take boudoir shots of their cars being broken.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

No, not really.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

loving AI goon folk hero here. I'm just now stumbling on this thread and catching up. You're living the dream.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

No, not really.

This is like one of those nature films where an eagle swoops out off the cliffs and kills and eats a weaker bird.

Except both birds are dead and the camera is blurry and shaky because of all the tears.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

cursedshitbox posted:

No, not really.

So, is this Mercedes suspended from the ceiling? What is going on here?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

FuzzKill posted:

So, is this Mercedes suspended from the ceiling? What is going on here?

Try the forklift to the left. :3:

I pulled the drivetrain from it to cram into a 190e.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

cursedshitbox posted:

Try the forklift to the left. :3:

I pulled the drivetrain from it to cram into a 190e.

:stare: Did it work?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah it was an unholy abomination that I later traded for a rusted out 5 speed disco.

I still miss that 190e.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

This is like one of those nature films where an eagle swoops out off the cliffs and kills and eats a weaker bird.

Except both birds are dead and the camera is blurry and shaky because of all the tears.

Yugo (looks like a Yugo to me) is too unpalatable to anyone or anything.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Things to look forward to this weekend:

Comanche cooling system un-loving
MR2 steering bits goodness
Maybe that WRX turbo upgrade finally?

Yay weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

I personally know two 2.7TT Audi owners who revel in personal pain