Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is loving astounding.

ACTIVATE GO DOWN ON MYSELF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha this is amazing

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I was hoping to hear him going mmphm ppphmmmp

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Yeah, that skit worked.

pwn
May 27, 2004

So are they just gonna come back in two minutes and let the band play before going to another break? There's really no time left.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Yeah, that was better than the rehearsal, though Blake came out from behind the curtain zipping up his fly before, which was great.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Paul Allen posted:

Yeah, that was better than the rehearsal, though Blake came out from behind the curtain zipping up his fly before, which was great.
Did he make it tho?

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Wanting to dunk got me. And of course going down on himself. What a great sketch.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
And instead of saying "activate going down on myself" Blake simply yelled ACTIVATE a couple of times while his head went up and down over and over.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

pwn posted:

So are they just gonna come back in two minutes and let the band play before going to another break? There's really no time left.

They might replay a commercial skit.

pwn
May 27, 2004

pwn posted:

:smug:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kolby posted:

Wanting to dunk got me. And of course going down on himself. What a great sketch.

Him just quietly adding that was so great.

Going from gun hands to 'I want to dunk' is the realest, most human, writing a show has had.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Looks like they cut a Disney World sketch, which doesn't surprise me, but it was kind of elaborate with a VERY specific set, lots of different character costumes and a bunch of kid extras.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kate seems to be a fan.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Probably the best of the season.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Vanessa isn't getting any air time?

pwn
May 27, 2004

I have to admit, I really enjoyed this episode, music notwithstanding.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Iowa Snow King posted:

I was thinking about this a minute ago. I don't expect her to come back.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Iowa Snow King posted:

She was prominent in the monologue at least.

I would be sort of not surprised if this was the last shot Michael Che had at Weekend Update. Holy hell was that uncomfortable to watch.

Good ep, I think last week was better but I'm clearly in the minority.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I would be sort of not surprised if this was the last shot Michael Che had at Weekend Update. Holy hell was that uncomfortable to watch.
I was thinking that Bobby, as Riblet, was actually totally outclassing Che completely. He didn't flub one reading and actually enunciated instead of mumbling all the jokes.

I know the skit was a joke about how Riblet was better at the job, but it seriously exposed Che's flaws. I think the only running gag he completely owns is the surprise "yo mama" punchline. That gets me every time.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I wish che would go back to the daily show. He seemed like a better fit there.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Can't stop singing Wishing Boot.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I saw the guest/host for this week and totally wrote it off, as I'm sure a lot of people did. But drat the dude did a good job. Also, the only time in my life I listened to country was from 96-2000 and Wishing Boot really nailed the popular country music I remember.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

cheerfullydrab posted:

I saw the guest/host for this week and totally wrote it off, as I'm sure a lot of people did. But drat the dude did a good job. Also, the only time in my life I listened to country was from 96-2000 and Wishing Boot really nailed the popular country music I remember.

I kinda wish there was a shot of Sheldon pulling a Swank magazine or something else out of the boot.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

cheerfullydrab posted:

I saw the guest/host for this week and totally wrote it off, as I'm sure a lot of people did. But drat the dude did a good job.

Yeah, the guy totally Timberlaked us.

pwn
May 27, 2004

With this blizzard coming, I expect that the SNL cast and crew are gonna be spending the week holed up on the 17th floor.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
I am badly confused by feelings of respect for Blake Shelton now.

That was a really solid episode.

Crimsonking82
Jan 7, 2015
Thought it was a 7/10 overall but from a cast only perspective it was a 9. They brought there A game and the side players did a really good job of bringing up the quality of the sketches. Really looking forward to what the cast will bring in the new year!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Uh guys I think Leslie Jones (edit: OH poo poo AND KATE MCKINNON) are gonna be Ghostbusters

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 27, 2015

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DivisionPost posted:

Uh guys I think Leslie Jones (edit: OH poo poo AND KATE MCKINNON) are gonna be Ghostbusters

I'm pretty sure that was a "cast an all female ghostbusters" reddit thing and not an actual announcement from a studio.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

InfiniteZero posted:

I'm pretty sure that was a "cast an all female ghostbusters" reddit thing and not an actual announcement from a studio.

It's legit. Hollywood Reporter confirmed shortly after, and Borys Kit does not gently caress around with penny-ante Reddit memery.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

If this happens I am there opening weekend.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, they managed to win me over.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I am so loving happy for Leslie. From the road to the writers room to the cast to loving Ghostbusters in one goddamn year. That's amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It broke my brain when I found out last week that Leslie Jones was 47.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Deadpool posted:

It broke my brain when I found out last week that Leslie Jones was 47.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, wait a second.

Huh. That's true.
Well then. I did not know that either. Well, she certainly looks amazing for her age.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

That's impressive. I don't think we really need another Ghostbusters or an all-female ghostbusters, but if they're going to do it, they've got themselves an ideal cast.

Good for Leslie Jones too.

pwn
May 27, 2004

If I had it, this is where I'd post that scene from 30 Rock where nobody knows for sure how old Tracy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, wait a second.

Huh. That's true.
Well then. I did not know that either. Well, she certainly looks amazing for her age.

Black don't crack man.

• Locked thread