Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The Rock eliminated Bradshaw and Debra last to win his first rumble. I'll just confirm what's next and then head to bed.

EDIT: WWE13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
And in true WWE 13/nL fashion, it's glitched; a majority of wrestlers are somehow tiny, while a couple show up and are huge. So far we've had Tiny Nash and Tiny Big Show, but Giant Sin Cara and Giant Kharma.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Supercard chat: I've got a dozen or so Title Belts to burn tonight. What's the proper way to ~maximum sandbag~ them with +5s so I can try and break into another tier?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Toshimo posted:

Supercard chat: I've got a dozen or so Title Belts to burn tonight. What's the proper way to ~maximum sandbag~ them with +5s so I can try and break into another tier?

Getting the best chance in exhibition usually amounts to having 3 powerful wrestlers (that idealy include a tag team) + 2 junk commons to make winning your matches 2-1 a lot more likely.

You sometimes have to do some fine tuning of exactly how strong you want those strong cards to be, as match seeding is dependent on total stats of your deck - you want to find yourself paired against the big groups of people who are running 5 'good' cards vs your 3 excellent ones (3 legend pros+ 2 commons vs 5 epic pros, for instance), not other people doing the exact thing you are.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

You also may want to consider how good a card is when leveling it up. Winning by thin, but calculated, margins is more useful (in the sense that you want to keep your cumulative stat total as low as you can and still win) than blowouts.

To give a specific example:
Mizdow is a pretty poo poo SV, so even if you get a pro Mizdow to max level he's going to lose to other sv most of the time. So if you happen to pull two, it can be a good idea to get him to pro them only level him just enough that he can take out basically any pro leg and stop there. That will help you maximize the value of your cumulative stats.

The same idea applies to the crappy cards of every tier.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I decided to try out the booking revolution game from the app store and this happened a month into my run with the game's default puro fed:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fumaofthelake posted:

You also may want to consider how good a card is when leveling it up. Winning by thin, but calculated, margins is more useful (in the sense that you want to keep your cumulative stat total as low as you can and still win) than blowouts.

To give a specific example:
Mizdow is a pretty poo poo SV, so even if you get a pro Mizdow to max level he's going to lose to other sv most of the time. So if you happen to pull two, it can be a good idea to get him to pro them only level him just enough that he can take out basically any pro leg and stop there. That will help you maximize the value of your cumulative stats.

The same idea applies to the crappy cards of every tier.

Yeah this. My current team has a 3 legend pros and level 25ish pro survivor Mizdow and level 5 pro RtG sting. So they occupy the ~1900 stat spot just above the PCC survivors/legend pros, and I'll often beat teams with max pro Survivors (~3000 stats) because the rest of their team isn't beating my guys, and I usually get paired vs. and crush teams of legend pros/PCC survivors.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

schweens posted:

I decided to try out the booking revolution game from the app store and this happened a month into my run with the game's default puro fed:

RIP Reign Maker, you were too beautiful for this world.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

RIP Reign Maker, you were too beautiful for this world.

The names in this game range from awful to better than the real thing. Buff Bagwell is Flex Beanbag

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

schweens posted:

thats typical for mdickie wrestling games

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

schweens posted:

Did you not watch the Wrestling MPire rumble yesterday? Kurt Angle (or Kirk Angel as he's called) was just a head, torso and leg. Hell, Andre the Giant went backstage after the rumble, stabbed Hulk Hogan and put him through a table.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

thats typical for mdickie wrestling games

I'm learning now how goofy these things are. Tanahashi just approached me backstage and told me his new name is Vincent Clark.

I find it strangely enjoyable despite its obvious problems

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

schweens posted:

I'm learning now how goofy these things are. Tanahashi just approached me backstage and told me his new name is Vincent Clark.

I find it strangely enjoyable despite its obvious problems

Pretty much, the MDickie wrestling games are amazing fun even if they are dumb as hell. I mean, you can murder another dude at a tribute show so the next week becomes a tribute show also. You can have perpetual tribute shows.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm pretty sure fake CM Punk died of an overdose in my wrestling revolution theme.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm only 6500 tokens away from buying Cena and finishing the challenges to get my Cyborg Lesnar, I'm so excited.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
After finally breaking into Survivor tier in Supercard and spending the weekend grinding to level up some of my cards I really wish there was a way to filter out opponents with those damned RTG Sting cards. Yay, lets play every match against someone with an RTG Sting, Epic Pro Rock and two trash common cards :geno:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

cyberia posted:

After finally breaking into Survivor tier in Supercard and spending the weekend grinding to level up some of my cards I really wish there was a way to filter out opponents with those damned RTG Sting cards. Yay, lets play every match against someone with an RTG Sting, Epic Pro Rock and two trash common cards :geno:

Bite the bullet and sandbag Legend tier KotR. If you can manage the win in the semis you will slowly build up your leg pairs and be able to compete. RTG sting has high stats but there are leg pros that can beat him in every stat iirc.

If that sounds like a boring waste of time (it kind of is), you may want to quit playing or take a break.

You also have the option of building a bit from PCC, even if you can only pull the leg base or the "regular" sv, it can help.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc

OH IT'S TIME FOR THE ROYALIEST OF RUMBLES!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Fumaofthelake posted:

Bite the bullet and sandbag Legend tier KotR. If you can manage the win in the semis you will slowly build up your leg pairs and be able to compete. RTG sting has high stats but there are leg pros that can beat him in every stat iirc.

If that sounds like a boring waste of time (it kind of is), you may want to quit playing or take a break.

You also have the option of building a bit from PCC, even if you can only pull the leg base or the "regular" sv, it can help.

Oh, I'm already sandbagging Legendary KOTR with 4 Epic Pro's and a Legendary Pro and am consistently placing high enough to get at least one Legendary reward each time. It's just grinding in exhibition matches to level up a bunch of Epic and Legendary cards I've got so that I can do better in the next RTG event that's endlessly boring because it feels like every opponent has the same few cards.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

cyberia posted:

Oh, I'm already sandbagging Legendary KOTR with 4 Epic Pro's and a Legendary Pro and am consistently placing high enough to get at least one Legendary reward each time. It's just grinding in exhibition matches to level up a bunch of Epic and Legendary cards I've got so that I can do better in the next RTG event that's endlessly boring because it feels like every opponent has the same few cards.

Gotcha. Yeah all I can really say is "I agree."

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

And with that, the Royaliest of Rumbles is over. Jimmy Uso eliminated Bray Wyatt and Kurt Angle to win. Big story was Big Vito going on a tear and eliminating 8 people before Kane, Mark Henry and another guy had to triple team him to eliminate him.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Kane, Mark Henry and THE ROCK

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is a silver Cena enough to get a Brock, or do you need gold? If your other two cards are gold

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Is a silver Cena enough to get a Brock, or do you need gold? If your other two cards are gold

Silver Cena will get you the first Brock if your other two are gold and well leveled.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've got three more fights until my Gold Brock and my team is Gold Bryan, Silver Brock, and Silver Cena and despite some troubles here and there I've gotten through it pretty well. That being said, I'm sure I'm going to hit a wall even if I do make it there, because my Bryan cannot carry the team forever.

EDIT: Alright, I have Cyborg Lesnar left and still have the same team and it seems doable to me, I'll find out tomorrow when I wake up.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 27, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol, I got Gold Brock on my first try, awesome.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm getting the "CPU gets an invisible 2nd fighter" glitch in every single match today.... it's getting pretty annoying!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
If you want free fighters outside of Cyborg Brock for clearing stuff I found a list of available rewards.

Create/sign in with WBID: Bronze Paige, Bronze Brie Bella after 10 days of logging in
Clear Bonus Battle 1: Bronze Daniel Bryan
Clear Bonus Battle 2: Silver The Rock
Clear Bonus Battle 3: Silver Nikki Bella
Clear Bonus Battle 4: Silver Triple H
Clear Bonus Battle 5: Gold Daniel Bryan
Clear Bonus Battle 6: Gold Undertaker

Bonus Battle 1 is also the easiest/most mindless way to grind credits if you have a bunch of teams you can sub in when your stamina runs out.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
I'm playing the MMA version of TEW, World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 (not sure if it has been mentioned yet, lotta pages)

Punk is in it with the Modern Warriors mod/database.

I booked him against myself in our mutual UFC debuts. He missed weight by 12 pounds and I gogoplata'd him in the first round. BOOK IT JOE SILVA. Art foreshadowing reality.

Also in another savegame I was running PRIDE from 1997. I managed to get Nobuhiko Takada on a 10 fight win streak.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CubsWoo posted:

If you want free fighters outside of Cyborg Brock for clearing stuff I found a list of available rewards.

Create/sign in with WBID: Bronze Paige, Bronze Brie Bella after 10 days of logging in
Clear Bonus Battle 1: Bronze Daniel Bryan
Clear Bonus Battle 2: Silver The Rock
Clear Bonus Battle 3: Silver Nikki Bella
Clear Bonus Battle 4: Silver Triple H
Clear Bonus Battle 5: Gold Daniel Bryan
Clear Bonus Battle 6: Gold Undertaker

Bonus Battle 1 is also the easiest/most mindless way to grind credits if you have a bunch of teams you can sub in when your stamina runs out.

You get bronze Big Show for logging in 20 days in a row, not that you'll ever need it if you've been playing for three weeks.

I finally got Cyborg Lesnar today, I'm not even going to bother trying for a second.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Man, cybrock is a beast. his light attacks are really fast and spammable. If you intentionally miss the input at the end of the combo you can just infinitely spam it and the AI won't know what to do until you're half a life bar and a full finisher up on it. It seems that if the AI is not backed into the corner it thinks it has to go through the entire stagger back animation before blocking or attacking, and Brock's attacks are really fast and don't knock back very far. I'm consistantly rolling main events with 3 20+ gold guys using only him.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Retromancer posted:

Man, cybrock is a beast. his light attacks are really fast and spammable. If you intentionally miss the input at the end of the combo you can just infinitely spam it and the AI won't know what to do until you're half a life bar and a full finisher up on it. It seems that if the AI is not backed into the corner it thinks it has to go through the entire stagger back animation before blocking or attacking, and Brock's attacks are really fast and don't knock back very far. I'm consistantly rolling main events with 3 20+ gold guys using only him.

Thanks for the tip; I've just had him as dead weight in single-player games to level him up so far. Glad to know it's going to pay off.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Protip: I'm pretty sure gold Daniel Bryan's signature 2 is bugged and does way more damage than it's supposed to. I think it does more damage than his finisher. use it often.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Retromancer posted:

Protip: I'm pretty sure gold Daniel Bryan's signature 2 is bugged and does way more damage than it's supposed to. I think it does more damage than his finisher. use it often.

Yeah, it's stupidly powerful and part of how I worked my way through the rest of the challenges. If you have it, loving abuse the poo poo out of it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's another pro tip, buy the level 2 and 3 moves immediately. I had a hell of a time trying to beat the silver only challenge, but as soon as I unlocked Undertaker's Last Ride it was easy as hell.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Retromancer posted:

Thanks for the tip! About time a glitch worked in our favour.

Does The Undertaker's resurrection thing only work for the AI?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

triplexpac posted:

No, it works for you own Silver Taker too

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I've never used Silver Undertaker, but I've noticed that if a hit in a multi-hit special takes him down to 0, and then the hits left do more than 25%, it KOs him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Liar Lyre posted:

No, it works for you own Silver Taker too

Ohh it's only Silver Taker. I have gold, just figured he would have the same ability.