Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Quite honestly, a lot of people have the wrong idea, and lemme clear this up.

Euphoria is experienced most firmly at the state of a curve at 80+mph and you don't know if you're gonna end up at the end of the turn safe or not.

The Foxbody Mustangs are neat, and lemme make this clear, very very neat, but I dunno how they handle on a high speed curve without for sure spinning out and killing me.

As much as you might recommend me a nice neat Honda Civic or a Saturn Shitbody (I dunno), I really don't want any of those. I want something that is a bad decision that I can drive like a madman and swing around corners, because I know for a fact that the next 20+ years of my life is gonna be a miserable experience of marriage, dealing with it, and loving about with silly cars whose handling I am going to hate and am going to wish was better just for the sake of getting around a corner at 60+mph. I know what I am getting into, because I expect having a silly car project for the rest of my life. Because if I accepted anything else, I'd be selling myself short. I know that I can handle getting a solid car up and running around spring time, and if any of you have any doubts as to that, shove it up your drat arse.

I want a bad decision now so I don't make one later when I want to go fast and I don't know how much work goes into it.

You had endless chances to redeem yourself but instead chose to grab, fondle, and inevitably eat every piece of caca in a twelve mile radius, alienating all those around you. You are the new standard of well denizens.

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
yo honestly why do you think you are capable of owning a car like this (or any car that isn't under warranty for that matter) when you have had to be dragged, kicking and screaming into doing the simplest poo poo? go back and read this thread dude, just read your own posts and look at the dates on them. It took you WEEKS to do a 15 minute job and I'm pretty sure it only got done because another goon came over and pretty much did it for you/made you do it. It's been said a million times already but show some loving initiative for christsakes.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Slow is Fast posted:

I know you want to watch subtitled initial D with your PJ pants pulled down around your ankles, dick in hand at your moms house looking out the window with your SICK WHIP parked on the street, but holy poo poo just loving stop.

Judging by the spergposts that followed, replace initial D with some kind of hosed up chevy/ford/GM commercial fever-dream that somehow ended up being for a japanese car, and it is oddly prophetic.

Seriously I'm like 99% sure that those lines were used at least once in some "i ain't driving no jap-o-neez econobox GIMME DAT MURRICAH MUSCLE" tv spot.

Also just to reiterate what people have been saying... kid, you're not gonna be cornering poo poo at poo poo in any car. You can't even drive goddamn stick, how the gently caress do you expect to do "tight corners" in anything if you're gonna rip out your goddamn clutch switching into gear? The only thing that people will be doing when you go around the corner is wondering who left all the rusty bits all over the intersection and what that grinding noise is 3 blocks away. Larn to drive, learn how to work on cars, then get your FREEDOM CAR and wreck it into the first lightpole. I just pray that you don't take anyone else with you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Leave Initial D out of it dammit.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Welp

OP, you're a loving idiot. I wish you luck in swindling some other poor clueless bastard out of far too much money for that barely polished turd, and in your inevitable high-speed collision with a tree. I wonder if they'll bury you in those ridiculous clown pants. "A suit is just far too dignified for this jackass, even in death", the funeral director will tell your sad, but oddly relieved parents, and they'll silently agree.

*unzips fly*

*splashing sounds emanate from the dark hole the OP has excavated*

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Quite honestly, a lot of people have the wrong idea
lol

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
In the words of a hilarious black sheriff " Scuse me while I whip this out" * pees in well*

Dude just give up. drive that 300z shitbox till the frame rots out. gently caress getting another car dump your money into that and drive it till its dead. You obviously think your skewed view on life is the correct one. so im changing my vote and saying PLEASE SHUT DOWN THIS THREAD.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
mods lock thread

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
How long has it been since an AI thread went to the gold mine?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Welp.
I've never seen a more appropriate time to drop this:
http://goo.gl/OzoUjJ

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

Leave Initial D out of it dammit.

I enjoy the D and I don't care who knows. It's entertaining.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

I enjoy the D and I don't care who knows. It's entertaining.

I prefer Wangan Midnight

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The fun part was that a few pages back, he actually grabbed onto the ropes and started climbing. Little did we know that it wasn't to escape the well, but to do a brilliant double-somersault twist into the piss-filled well :allears:

If only piss-diving was an olympic sport, we could see the makings of a legend. poo poo, it'd be a lifetime movie in a week flat: "The Piss-diver." It'd break all ratings records and we'd have a bona-fide celebrity on our forums.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Quite honestly, a lot of people have the wrong idea, and lemme clear this up.

Euphoria is experienced most firmly at the state of a curve at 80+mph and you don't know if you're gonna end up at the end of the turn safe or not.

The Foxbody Mustangs are neat, and lemme make this clear, very very neat, but I dunno how they handle on a high speed curve without for sure spinning out and killing me.

As much as you might recommend me a nice neat Honda Civic or a Saturn Shitbody (I dunno), I really don't want any of those. I want something that is a bad decision that I can drive like a madman and swing around corners, because I know for a fact that the next 20+ years of my life is gonna be a miserable experience of marriage, dealing with it, and loving about with silly cars whose handling I am going to hate and am going to wish was better just for the sake of getting around a corner at 60+mph. I know what I am getting into, because I expect having a silly car project for the rest of my life. Because if I accepted anything else, I'd be selling myself short. I know that I can handle getting a solid car up and running around spring time, and if any of you have any doubts as to that, shove it up your drat arse.

I want a bad decision now so I don't make one later when I want to go fast and I don't know how much work goes into it.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
Serious question OP, did you join the Navy in hopes of being stationed in Japan?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

SperginMcBadposter posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?
Who the gently caress cares?

You all need to stop acting like babies or like you never saw this coming.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

SouthsideSaint posted:

Dude just give up. drive that 300z shitbox till the frame rots out. gently caress getting another car dump your money into that and drive it till its dead.

This. OP gets his dream of having his sanity questioned, no actual nice car is destroyed, and because the car is so rusted, maybe it will just disintegrate when he wrecks it. A rusted to poo poo, poorly turboed 300z that Sperg cant drive properly seems exactly what he wants.

Lolling at the poster who thought OP would take his car to a track. Why go through the effort when there's a street over there that's empty whenever school isn't in session?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Naturally Selected posted:

Judging by the spergposts that followed, replace initial D with some kind of hosed up chevy/ford/GM commercial fever-dream that somehow ended up being for a japanese car, and it is oddly prophetic.

Seriously I'm like 99% sure that those lines were used at least once in some "i ain't driving no jap-o-neez econobox GIMME DAT MURRICAH MUSCLE" tv spot.

Yeah I really don't think an 80s Foxbody or 3rd Gen F-body or electrical nightmare C4 Corvette is going to be any easier for this doofus to wrench on or any more reliable.

That being said, he could learn how to corner in a powerless cheap shitbox by going to autocrosses or doing HPDE/Track days.

track day bro! posted:

I prefer Wangan Midnight

It's cool but pretty different, IMO.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 25, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mostly because I like the act of going around corners and making them super tight rather than just going fast. I like handling more than just straight top speed. I dunno if this is true or not, but it seems to me that the vast majority of American cars have poo poo handling, and can't get around a corner to save their lives.

How did I miss this? You know what a Corvette is right?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Ozmiander posted:

mods lock thread

Nth'd

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

track day bro! posted:

I prefer Wangan Midnight
Seriously? The Wangan Midnight anime?

Well, um, I guess, if you're happy...

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Okay, yeah, I've been semi-helpful and only peed in the well a little bit, but holy poo poo, Sperg, where do you think you're going to find questionable 80mph corners that are fun to drive in fuckin' Chicagoland? Either get something small, without much power at all, so that you can "drive hard" on city streets (Sciroccos are good in Chicago, mine was my best city car) or keep the 300ZX and save your drat money to get financially stable so that you can do this.

Those "DON'T gently caress UP YOUR LIFE" briefings? We got those in the Air Force too. Turns out it's good advice.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Hmm there hasn't been a MOD CHALLENGE in AI lately...

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

revmoo posted:

IOC - the people demand a challenge! Will you satisfy our blood lust?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yeah I really don't think an 80s Foxbody or 3rd Gen F-body or electrical nightmare C4 Corvette is going to be any easier for this doofus to wrench on or any more reliable.

That being said, he could learn how to corner in a powerless cheap shitbox by going to autocrosses or doing HPDE/Track days.

Oh, I was not in any way suggesting that he get a Foxbody or anything else, at all. Just pointed out that he was spouting, word for word, bullshit MURIKKAH MUSCEL advertising.

Bajaha posted:

IOC - the people demand a challenge! Will you satisfy our blood lust?

Oh god please do this.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

revmoo posted:

Please this

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

What in the everloving gently caress even happened here? Nth'ing the Mod Challenge, please make this happen :allears:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Hey guys what have I mis....

revmoo posted:

Oh.

:munch:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The people have spoken. MOD CHALLENGE!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
What the ever living gently caress have I just read?

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Forget the mod challenge, just gas the thread and permaban him.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tommychu posted:

Welp.
I've never seen a more appropriate time to drop this:
http://goo.gl/OzoUjJ

drat you the loop pissed me off now I have to pull up the actual song.

OP what the entire actual gently caress is wrong with you.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
OP should get a motorcycle

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat

Suicide Watch posted:

post/username combo

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iForge posted:

Forget the mod challenge, just gas the thread and permaban him.

This, otherwise he'll he keep posting worthless threads like this one and the other dumbass thread about working for a rental car company which he has a whole two weeks of experience doing so.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

it seems to me that the vast majority of American cars have poo poo handling, and can't get around a corner to save their lives.

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
An indecipherable table without headings... this thread is complete.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Results from the stock AWD class at the rallyx, first/last column are car/total time in seconds. A bunch of japanese cars got spanked by an S10 driver because spoilers the driver is the most important part of a car not an idiotic fetish for hanzo steel folded 1000 times.

Also a Ford R2 Fiesta was 4th overall in rally of the tall pines 2014. Maybe brute statistics will somehow prove to yon sperglord or some other weeb domestic vehicles are quite capable. Though we are talking to someone who generalizes vehicles based on location of the brand.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 26, 2015

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Suicide Watch posted:

I'd love to see him dump the clutch on a gixxer like he does when driving his car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
In that case, it must be really nice to show up in a brand new Cayenne for rallyx and the subsequently post the worst time.

• Locked thread