Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Ihki posted:

Maybe it's just my fever making me delusional, but Dignitas has come back before from looking right about as bad as that, and they've looked about as bad as that after some impressive hot streaks. It's their way. Maybe their Koreans will get to show they can play video games if the old guard stops making GBS threads the bed.

That said of course they're in the bottom 3 garbage crew.

Who are they realistically coming back against? They're objectively worse than C9, TSM, WFX, TIP (with Impact), and TL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Cris is another awful top laner so I can't wait for Flaresz to chase him down and laugh at him.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flaresz is a sub right? Who is winterfox main top laner? Also, who is going to pick up Flaresz? He has a nice name and he looked better than some other tops right now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

GreyPowerVan posted:

Flaresz is a sub right? Who is winterfox main top laner? Also, who is going to pick up Flaresz? He has a nice name and he looked better than some other tops right now.

Their top is Helios "brother," I guess the duo queued constantly.

It's so weird to me how Lissandra has been no pick or ban so far today. Also that Xerath was picked into a Leblanc.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

more croc-o-trolling, :getin:

GreyPowerVan posted:

Helios' brother.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Their starter is Helios' brother who I don't think really showed up anywhere in Korea, but I think it's really safe to say that if they need to keep Flaresz it should be an easy choice. ShorterACE is good, but Helios is a much better aggressive jungler and he doesn't have a lovely team this year so he should do even better.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Flarez, ShorterAce, and Gleeb are subs for Avalon (Helio's brother who's been trying to go pro for like 2 years), Helios, and Imagine (no one knows anything about this guy

it's difficult to say if the Korean starters are actually better than the subs in this case

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
i hope Flaresz gets super tanky and spends 5 minutes taunting people in the face again :allears:

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

archduke.iago posted:

Who are they realistically coming back against? They're objectively worse than C9, TSM, WFX, TIP (with Impact), and TL.

I'm not sure we agree on what objectivity means here, but a comeback would be becoming the inconsistent, (below) average LCS team they've always been over any sample size longer than a month or two.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Oh, wow. Seeing the full lineup makes me even more hyped. Sure, even if his brother may or may not be worse than Flaresz, Helios is much better than shorterace.

I was really excited for EG's performance at the end of last season, and replacing their toplaner (who lost a lot to WESTRICE) and Krepo, who seemed to be slipping on his mechanics, should really put them in the top 4.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Flaresz makes it a lot less painful that we no longer have Toplane Trolling God, Ackerman.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

GreyPowerVan posted:

Oh, wow. Seeing the full lineup makes me even more hyped. Sure, even if his brother may or may not be worse than Flaresz, Helios is much better than shorterace.

In fairness to Shorterace, he looks good here. They might not be consistent enough to be real LCS players but for a bunch of guys they brought in to play for the weekend they've looked phenomenal and deserve their win(s).

Edit: As Shorterace gets off a clean countergank for first blood. :allears:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ShorterAce rules.

e: MY MIND'S TELLING ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

In fairness to Shorterace, he looks good here. They might not be consistent enough to be real LCS players but for a bunch of guys they brought in to play for the weekend they've looked phenomenal and deserve their win(s).

Yeah, he looks good here. I don't think he's bad, I just think helios is good.

I actually expect top 3 to be c9 winterfox and tsm. I will reserve judgement a little until I see avalon's performance.

EDIT: As i say that, ShorterAce and Flaresz go full soloqueue to feed 2 kills to impaler's j4

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
don't dive irelia, she has a targeted stun with a hefty amount of base damage, you dummies! :(

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
...what

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Ouch, as we talk about how they look good they overdive really hard top. If they'd been a little bit farther back that might have gone better.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
haha what....

J4 is really really really good right now

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ouch.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Renekton counter to Irelia isn't really working out for them after that dive, he forfeited Flash and his CS lead for it and is going to get outscaled even sooner now.

Edit: :rip: Renekton.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
toplane is getting destroyed and cris is going to only get stronger and scarier as the game goes on.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Combo posted:

Phreak looks way better with a shaved head than he does with this awful comb over. He looks 20 years older.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Don't worry, Flaresz is still trolling. Today he's playing Darrien style. Feed to win, and finish a giant wizard lizard

e: As I say that he almost beats a 2/0/2 irelia on his own but bottom WFX loses a dragon fight.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you guys forget that WFX was EG and also playing with 3 subs or what or did playing against an equally terrible Gravity team make you think they were a good team :v

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asema posted:

Did you guys forget that WFX was EG and also playing with 3 subs or what or did playing against an equally terrible Gravity team make you think they were a good team :v

It's less WFX being bad as Xerath being the new Really Safe and Powerful and Also Really Long Range pick

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Pump the brakes on that winterfox hype

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
this only happened because they decided to give up two kills toplane and give irelia a big advantage, which cris and impaler abused to the fullest extent edit: keep in mind they WFX picked Tristana and it is currently the midgame vs. a fed Irelia and J4.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Poor Kobe trying to use con artists to explain the sunk cost fallacy in an understandable fashion.

Also that is a 6/0 Irelia. :rip: Winterfox and subs.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Monathin posted:

It's less WFX being bad as Xerath being the new Really Safe and Powerful and Also Really Long Range pick
Coast is using four of the strongest champions in the lane, and Corki is still a generally safe pick. Cris is awful too but he just got camped and got ahead.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Monathin posted:

It's definitely the subs tbh, them being a combined 0/6/0 when the scoreboard was 7-1 pretty much sums it up

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
coast almost threw at baron again lol

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Irelia is just such a massive wall when she's fed, the only way WFX could turn this around is stalling and farming for level 18 tristana

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
That was sick.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

WFX still showing signs of fight, at least they aren't rolling over and dying

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

That was an impressive combo to get 2 kills

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

gently caress coast they also had a one and a half hour delay yesterday

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
cris didn't even carry that game, it was impaler serving kills on a silver platter to him imo. any bonehead on a fed irelia can force a win

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

How Rude posted:

cris didn't even carry that game, it was impaler serving kills on a silver platter to him imo. any bonehead on a fed irelia can force a win

basically this

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Coast owns and Winterfox is dumb so this is OK with me :cool:

e: I dunno why everyone is poo poo talking Cris now of all times, he played a great game (his first???) even if it was enabled by Impaler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

"Even Cris played really well" they're acknowledging Cris is awful

• Locked thread