Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I can only rarely put in the effort to get all the trophies in a game- because of that, I respect the people who do it often very greatly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've never tried to actually get an achievement. i have been recently with some of the paradox ones because they are cool goals but that's it.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
i have achieved the achievement

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SombereroLad posted:

I like it when achievements give you in game perks/rewards

Some of the Starpoint Gemini 2 achievements give stat bonuses and they carry over to new games. Kind of handy if the save gets corrupted.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Getting the katana body in halo 3, ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what is the best achievement

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The stanley parable one where you click on doors a lot

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Dr. Spiderman posted:

Getting the katana body in halo 3, ftw

Oh hell yeah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
eye divine cybermany has a bunch of weird ones that rely on luck, like a game critic or soccer player spawning

there's no way to tell that a dude does these things unless you kill them and then you get an achievement

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
i 100%'d assassin's creed 1 on 360

on that day i decided not to 100% anything again, i'd just let it happen

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ive never got a plat.

but i am most produest of getting all trinkets in vvvvvv. (it helps that the music is so good!)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Doctor Goat posted:

eye divine cybermany has a bunch of weird ones that rely on luck, like a game critic or soccer player spawning

there's no way to tell that a dude does these things unless you kill them and then you get an achievement

eye is kind of a weird game

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

completing the story mode alone left me exhausted of assassin's creed already

VideoGames posted:

ive never got a plat.

but i am most produest of getting all trinkets in vvvvvv. (it helps that the music is so good!)

thats an easy one!!!!!! but the music IS good

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Shima Honnou posted:

AC 2 just ruined collectibles for me, for like three months. Black Flag made that part of the game a lot better, as it did with every other part of the Assassin's Creed experience.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Doctor Goat posted:

came here to post this

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

thats an easy one!!!!!! but the music IS good

i took about two and a half hours to get that trinket where you go up to that tiny point then down again. if it hadnt been playing the second best track i dont think i would have soldiered on with it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

VideoGames posted:

i took about two and a half hours to get that trinket where you go up to that tiny point then down again. if it hadnt been playing the second best track i dont think i would have soldiered on with it

allow me to be controversial for as econd;
veni vidi vici is not that hard

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

ArfJason posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N5tgOLj5jc

veni vidi vici is not hard

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also i did it!!

next up is monsoooon

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
beware monsoon's smoke grenades, they do 0.1% damage

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

beware monsoon's smoke grenades, they do 0.1% damage

AAAAA DONT REMIND ME

yesterday after beating armstrong decided to give him a try
It was incredibly piss easy got him down to 20 something hp by my third attempt and i never got hit but realized my hp somehow was 178 (my max is 180) then i realized his smokes do damage and i didnt want to play anymore

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
but yeah im feeling confident, he seems to be real easy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I beat mega satan today, but I have not got golden god yet as I skipped over the lamb. d'oh.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
mega satan is a weird fight. he's trivialized entirely by trinity shield but it seems like he mainly exists to combat damage racing

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

mega satan is a weird fight. he's trivialized entirely by trinity shield but it seems like he mainly exists to combat damage racing

he was pretty easy. the more I play boi the more I can't understand people who get massive losing streaks. rebirth in particular its easy to just go off the rails and steamroll before you even get to catacombs.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
advice i have not seen on the internet: pincer blades can skip the slicing parts of the monsoon fight but it is dangerous. he may go into purple mode while really close and do his tornado dodge attack thing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

it probably isn't for a lot of people.
for myself, i am one of those people who is very bad at something they love.

if it was any kind of sport, id be on a peewee team with my level of ability.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

No Such Thing posted:

he was pretty easy. the more I play boi the more I can't understand people who get massive losing streaks. rebirth in particular its easy to just go off the rails and steamroll before you even get to catacombs.

speaking of my own pretty shocking skill levels: im now on -94 losing streaks.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I hope that's because you've been playing the lost a lot.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ahahaha
come back home
play against monsoon for 30 minutes, got the no damage
i laugh as i select sundowner and it takes me literally less than 5 minutes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i mean sundowner is the easiest fight but i didnt expect this to be THAT easy

later, its all on mistral

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AHungryRobot posted:

I hope that's because you've been playing the lost a lot.

nope. havent unlocked lost or blue baby yet. mostly playing as samson, azazel, isaac and judas.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the best way to start sundowner's fight, or any fight in a platinum game i think, is to charge his scissors until he's about to ram you and let go at just the right time and you get enough invincibility to completely ignore his damage and it does huge damage to him

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
gl if going for the Armstrong cheev as Sam. I tried it once, managed to get halfway through and hosed up the qte like a dumbass. it autosaves immediately after :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in the Sam dlc, senator has this one attack where he homes into you and it turns into a grab. how the gently caress do you even avoid that move

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
There's a cool glitch to guarantee an S-Rank No-Hit against Monsoon but if you use it you are a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Hobo By Design posted:

gl if going for the Armstrong cheev as Sam. I tried it once, managed to get halfway through and hosed up the qte like a dumbass. it autosaves immediately after :(

sam was my first no hit, armstrong was my second
im almost done

• Locked thread