Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 77: Cyrano de Bergerac

Everyone has filtered over towards the gym, excited about the dance. There's just one problem.

: There's too much decorating to do! Can you please decorate the dance site for me?

Sam nods and then proceeds to just... make poo poo up. For some reason I can put the bulgy hotel columns inside the brick columns, so let's pretend they're, uh, swags or something.

Sam also puts in a platform back here for the band, or the DJ, or whatever we're going to have. It's purple because that's dancey.

: Finally, we're ready for the dance!

yeah yeah shut up Chaz

... oh no. Now what?

He's gonna do it!

... he's not gonna do it.

HOW DOES ANYONE IN THIS KINGDOM BREATHE WITHOUT ASSISTANCE

Ahem. Well. Okay, Travis, Sam will manage your love life for you, but you must live with the consequences--

--well, poop.

(honestly I'm pretty impressed that the game even acknowledged what I was trying to do there)

Dammit! Thwarted in every direction!

Eh, probably, so I'm going to pass the buck instead. It's now :siren: SUPER IMPORTANT VOTING TIME! :siren:

Should we do the 'right' thing, give this love triangle the John Hughes ending, and have Travis ask Liberty to dance? Or do we resist the siren song of the traditional narrative--inasmuch as we can, given that Chaz apparently doesn't consider bromance to be extreme enough for him--and have Travis dance with Summer instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Blah, Travis is so lame.

Go with Liberty. Not to be nice to her, but so that maybe she'll introduce Travis to her pet cobra. Or anaconda. Maybe an anacobra.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can we make him dance with Liberty Prime? If not, give him to Summer.

PenguinEddie
Jul 10, 2010

Mehuyael posted:

Go with Liberty. Not to be nice to her, but so that maybe she'll introduce Travis to her pet cobra. Or anaconda. Maybe an anacobra.

I like this idea, voting Liberty as well.

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

Liberty or death!

I love the way he just casually hands the decision over to you, it's wonderfully ridiculous.

If only we could have him dance with Trevor in drag though.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I flipped a Liberty coin and it came up heads.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Summer days are fleeting, but Liberty is here to stay

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Call me a hidebound conventionalist if you want, but I'm also voting for Liberty.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
What a cop out!

Summer, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I pass my vote to whoever votes next.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ahahaha, okay then. Liberty, since Summer seems to have gone off Travis a bit and is better positioned to get over him.

If only all of us could just ask random passers-by/royal wizards to decide our love-lives for us!

Dolash fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 16, 2015

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Liberty....I always have him go with her when I play.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You have to admit, the game gives good thwart.

I flipped a coin and it said Summer, pal!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
If you pick Liberty, you get a funny scene, while picking Summer gets you a rather sweet scene from what I remember.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I want it to be nice.

Summer. :3:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Will the most popular boy in school go with the blond cheerleader or buck-toothed nerd. Gee, I wonder. Summer.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
It's kinda hard not to be when your only competition is Chaz. :v:

I'll go with Liberty.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
...why not do both?

But Liberty first.

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

GeneX posted:

...why not do both?

But Liberty first.

This, word-for-word.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sam. Let's not deny our feelings.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Go talk with Travis again, and convince him that he is a strong, self-reliant man, and doesn't need to bring a date and conform to society's expectations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
If he cannot make up his mind, we're just going to halt the game until someone learns responsibility. :colbert:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

AJ_Impy posted:

If he cannot make up his mind, we're just going to halt the game until someone learns responsibility. :colbert:

It's gonna be us isn't it?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
:siren: Voting is now closed! :siren:

Looks like Sam has decided that Travis belongs to Liberty, at least for now! He'll always wonder, though...

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 78: So Cute I May Barf

Right. Through subtle means Sam indicates that Travis should ask Liberty to dance.

And the dance begins! Summer and Liberty are chatting while the boys look haplessly on.

Here we go...

: You know, we've been friends for a really long time...

: Yes?

: And, you know, that's good because I think you're a really good person...

They step out onto the dance floor and manage to start dancing, albeit with some awkward giggling as they figure out who puts their hands where.

Summer sighs.

: (Look how happy Liberty is. I've never seen her like that!)

: (Good for you, Lib.)

Awww.

He darts in to kiss Liberty's cheek.

: I can't believe it!

Summer does a spontaneous cheerlead of joy.

Everybody dutifully claps as Summer goes to join Chaz on the dance floor.

Chaz is taken aback.

: What?

: I always thought you had great spirit. Some of those cheers you do are pretty rad.

: Really? You mean that?

: Sure! Besides, a King must show extreme respect for his Queen!

Everyone slow-dances! ... I promise that's dancing they're doing. If they were actually making out I think Rosalyn would be less sanguine about it.

: Oh my, such a perfect gentleman! I would love to, sir!

After a startled moment...

... Rosalyn gets into the spirit of things. :allears:

Sam looks at Lyndsay inquiringly.

Sam and Lyndsay hurry onto the dance floor.

And everybody dances as the sun sets on the Royal Academy. Awww.

---

Next time on MySims Kingdom: ... but what if it didn't happen that way?

---

Video: The Big Dance
When I invoked John Hughes in an earlier update, I meant it. Note the awesome 80s-style power ballad that plays over the whole scene. It's even sung in Simlish. I just... I can't even. :allears:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is kind of cute. The music is a tad boring though. This island was one of the best so far.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I assume Liberty gets paired up with Chaz if you picked Summer?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Derp! I thought picking Lib got the funnier scene but I guess I was thinking of when you pick Summer. Or maybe I was imagining it all, but I'm sure one of them had a pretty funny scene with Chaz.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Seyser Koze posted:

I assume Liberty gets paired up with Chaz if you picked Summer?
That's the most likely scenario if you didn't pick Liberty, yeah.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Sketchie posted:

That's the most likely scenario if you didn't pick Liberty, yeah.

Actually, Liberty activates her giant robot shaped like a squirrel if you don't pick her. This is what is otherwise known as the bad end.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That was adorable! Not much else to say. Even Chaz wasn't 100% a butt-head.

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Just in case you thought things couldn't get any cuter....:allears:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Pyroi posted:

Actually, Liberty activates her giant robot shaped like a squirrel if you don't pick her. This is what is otherwise known as the bad end.

Shaped like a snake, thank you. :colbert:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ep. 79: So Cute I May Barf (Endless Summer Remix)

It didn't have to be that way, though.

Everything starts off the same.

: You know, I've really had a lot of fun getting to know you since school started...

: Yes?

: Good. I'd like to dance with you, too.

And so, they do.

On the sidelines, Liberty sighs.

: (Well, I guess now we know how Travis really feels.)

: (At least he looks happy. Actually, it's just nice to see him looking at anything other than his phone!)

This thought makes Liberty giggle.

: Our King this year is Chaz McFreely!

Chaz is stoked.

: Yes! You hear that, Travis? I'm the King! I'm the King, baby!

Everybody but Chaz cheers for Queen Liberty!

: Nice! Way to go, Lib!

: HOORAY! You totally deserve it!

The new King and Queen step onto the dance floor.

Ker-SNAP.

:allears:

: Alright, then.

Now that Chaz has been told, the dancing begins again.

And, aside from one judicious substitution of partners, everything plays out the same from there.

---

Video: The Big Dance (Endless Summer Remix)
Ha ha, Chaz!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The lesson here is rejection leads to personal growth, while acceptance leads to codependence! Maybe if Sam didn't go around fixing everyone's problems for them, they'd need to learn to redecorate their own houses too!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wait, something else happened this update?

I'm sorry, I completely lost it at the 80s-est crowd-pleasingest rock-balladiest song as rendered in Simlish.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Wrap-Up: The Royal Academy

... no, probably not.

For the record: Travis, Liberty, and Summer managed to survive the tanking of the MySims franchise! They're now characters in The Sims 4, all living together in Willow Creek. :allears:

Anyway! We've seen the Beach Party Morcubus and Ol' Gabby figures. What else is hanging around?

Sam can give a (very long) speech at Rosalyn's podium, complete with feedback screech. If he does it just right, he wins the DJ Candy: Ace Attorney figure!

Seriously, that's what it's called. :allears:

Sam unearthed this Scroll while digging around.

Completing the Blue Ribbon Scroll nets us...

... a wall-mounted Blue Ribbon! That's it! Yay!

Digging also nets him the Siamese Amy & Emily Figurine. Amy and Emily were characters in the DS version of Kingdom--still sisters there, although not conjoined. Also, not Indigo Girls. Although I guess you never know.

Back here behind the fountain...

... there's a flower for Poppy. No armor pieces at the school, though.

Also, I seem to recall Chaz gave us some outfits?

Medieval fantasy, folks! Actually, that camo-pants ensemble is neat. Let's wear it while we go turn in our collectibles.

: It's a classic design, reminiscent of the Roman God Janus. Did you know that in Roman mythology Janus was the protector of doors and doorways? That's why people who clean those places are named Janitors.

: We're like kindred spirits, me and him! I used to be a Janitor before I was a Space Hero!

This inspiring story also nets us some Mana!

: She's got Objection-Posing-Action with the alternate version red blazer jacket only found in 1 out of every 10,000 produced! You're a figurine collecting machine!

In addition to Vic's everlasting envy, we earn Electrobits.

... no! No, I did not know that!

: He was apparently the best, back in the day, but now I hear in retirement he just makes lots of horseshoes.

Fascinating! Also, worth Mana.

A mild inside joke; every one of those figures is just plain wrong, but you have to know the characters to see that. Clayton is an awkward math nerd, Roger is a berserk fitness zealot who never stops moving long enough to sleep, Yuki is... not fit for polite company, Rosalyn is HA HA HA no, and, well, Morcubus. Anyway, all this ridiculousness nets us some Happy Essences.

Sam's t-shirt has a star on the front and little angel wings on the back, aww. Poppy gives him more Happy Essences.

: Well, thanks for correcting me on that score, Sam!

Yet more Happy Essences. It's a trend.

Join us next time for... well, a lot of second-time-around quests, but--eventually--the Uncharted Isle!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Due to a bunch of real-life nonsense, I haven't been able to record as much footage for the LP as I'd like. The LP will be going on another of those brief hiatuses while I put everything in order; normal service should resume on Friday or the Monday after.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That's okay, nonsense happens! I'm sure your little cartoon friends could use a breather after all that dancing and errand-running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ol' Gabby was a wandolier? No wonder he invented his own language - that way nobody could give him quests.

• Locked thread