Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Not to say it happened but in NYS you cant give free drinks away I dunno if you can comp them or not.. but ladies night use to be ladies drink free around here and now theybjust charge a dollar or something nominal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I know that there was a lawsuit somewhere that basically caused this.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I know that there was a lawsuit somewhere that basically caused this.

There's been a bunch of them about stuff like ladies nights, with varying results. I know the federal one failed, so it's a state by state thing right now.

MaeveyTresh
Feb 23, 2012

SPACESHIP?!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

This just in : goons are hilariously inept at using knives :allears:

It's true. My pumpkin carving scar is from the blunt side of a steak knife.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Guess I'm not hip enough to know what an "export fueled rampage" means.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

MizPiz posted:

Maybe Molson Export, it's Canadian beer.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MizPiz posted:

I thought it might be a beer thing, but wouldn't uncommon beers be imports or w/e though?

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Fathis Munk posted:

I thought we were cool, man

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

tater_salad posted:

Not to say it happened but in NYS you cant give free drinks away I dunno if you can comp them or not.. but ladies night use to be ladies drink free around here and now theybjust charge a dollar or something nominal.

Massachusetts law says you can't comp drinks and you can't discount drinks during happy hour. So happy hours here are free or cheap food, mostly.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Fathis Munk posted:

Hey, to be fair, my injury came when I was a teenager and long before I became a goon.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Hey, to be fair, my injury came when I was a teenager and long before I became a goon.

What if it was foretold ? What if from the start you were destined to be a goon.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I have a scar on my thigh from actually runni g with scissors.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
STDH.txt: Tell us your scar stories!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Hello Meow posted:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm lame and have no scars. :(

Edit: Mentally, I'm hosed, though. Does that count for anything?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Omnishambles posted:

I'm lame and have no scars. :(

Edit: Mentally, I'm hosed, though. Does that count for anything?

The only cool scars are the visible ones, sorry. Try tumblr.ppt thread.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I accidentally dragged my hand over a box cutter that was left sticking out of a box at Walmart when I was 5. It's a pretty slick middle finger scar.

That's my story.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
My only badass scar is from punching my little fist through a glass jewelry box as a three year-old.
Boy, is that a clear memory.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hello Meow posted:

I had a fine scar on my entire right kneecap. It used to look much more impressive, but after years of taking good care of it, it's largely faded (and I have pretty dark skin, so it's even harder to see). I got it from the dumbest thing, though: playing capture the flag at night in the rain and running my rear end off, slipping, and skinning my leg. For some reason, the knee was the only part that got scarred, I guess 'cause it couldn't scab nicely on account of being a knee.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I have a scar under my lower lip.

I have it because when I was about 8 I was swimming in a friends pool and failed at doing butterfly stroke. I came out of the water and bit down hard on the concrete edge of the pool, shattering one of my front teeth which then proceeded to tear through my flesh just below my lower lip. My tooth was entirely destroyed bar a small amount of root and my lip was, luckily, still attached by about 1cm of flesh either side. It's a good thing I have a flash hot dentist because he was able to come in on a Sunday, pull the shards of broken tooth out of the gaping wound in my face/parts of my mouth where they got lodged, file back the jagged edges of the broken tooth and stitch the wound shut so I could get to a hospital to get it properly stitched without bleeding everywhere or the exposed flesh scabbing up. He also has had to replace the crown/fake tooth he has built over what remained a few times in my life as I keep breaking them.

Up to you to decide if this is true of not.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

poo poo that happened: I have a pretty decent scar on my calf from getting a mole excised because I was worried it was cancer. It wasn't. My backpack gouged out the scar after I had gotten the stitches out, too.

poo poo that didn't happen: I work with a guy who insists that he:
  • had private drinks with Jack Nicholson (who ushered everyone else out of the room to talk to this guy because he was apparently so entertaining).
  • fought a coyote
  • has been "trained to kill" by the government
  • works with FEMA despite not having a license.

I also used to work with a guy who would come in completely lucid claiming that he just ingested various lethal amounts of drugs and alcohol. "Yeah I just drank like a handle a vodka, took a few percs, I'm still pretty hosed up on the two caps of acid I took this morning dude you know?" That kind of poo poo.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Probably my worst scars come from skinning my knees really badly. I walked briskly out of my local pizza parlor carrying a few boxes and talking to a friend, so I didn't notice the sign the parlor put in the alleyway until I'd already tripped over it. The outer layer of skin was actually ripped from my knees, with a chunk hanging from a strip of flesh on each side. :barf: When we got home, I scrubbed the wounds until they bled again, then I pressed the skin-chunks back on and bandaged everything up. The pizza was okay.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Since we're sharing, my only real scar is two inches long on the palm of my right hand. I went to open a window, pressed out against the glass instead of up against the frame, apparently it's not an uncommon injury. It was only a big deal because it required surgery to repair the nerve that was partially severed. And getting stitches taken out of the palm of your hand hurts a LOT.

Glukeose posted:

• had private drinks with Jack Nicholson (who ushered everyone else out of the room to talk to this guy because he was apparently so entertaining).
  • fought a coyote
This reads like the stuff I daydream when I'm bored while driving, except stupider.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
In addition to my sick-rear end barbed wire scars on my neck, hands, and forearm (got catapulted out of a friend's homemade five-man bicycle/go-kart contraption into the fence - my brother did the same some weeks later, twice), I also have a nice scar on the palm of my right hand from when I got an IED a rock stuck in it as a kid (I remember it taking up most of my palm and my parents trying to wash it out in the bath tub and failing to pull it out - we ended up driving 45 minutes to the nearest hospital (we lived in the country) to get it pulled out. It looks a lot smaller now of course now that I have regular sized adult hands. :(

Lots of scars on my knees and shins from being clumsy, doing lots of bike riding and wearing impractical footwear as a kid (and generally not bothering to get them looked at so I just came back home or into school and bled happily on the floor until a horrified teacher sent me to the sick bay).

One of my most recent knee scars had a better story behind it. I skinned my knee on the concrete top of a storm water drain walking home from the library (staying with my parents during the summer holidays, working in the library and looking after chooks) because as usual I was wearing shoes that look nice but have no grip. It was pretty gross and bloody and refused to stop bleeding so I actually put a whole bunch of bandaids on it for once. Eventually it was healed up enough that I let it go bandaid-less at night to let it harden up/heal by exposure to air, but then forgot to reapply bandaids the next morning before going up to release the chickens for the day. One of the chooks, Alecto, came running joyously out of her pen, then stopped suddenly... Looked at me, looked very hard at my knee, looked back at me... And then lunged, and took a chunk right out of me. (I saw her swallow something and there was blood on her beak.) There was a lot of swearing involved and for the rest of the day Alecto followed me around in her "hunting" posture.

Anyway, the rest of the wound healed up all right, but there's still a mark there where a chicken ate my flesh. :black101:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Glukeose posted:

poo poo that happened: I have a pretty decent scar on my calf from getting a mole excised because I was worried it was cancer. It wasn't. My backpack gouged out the scar after I had gotten the stitches out, too.

• fought a coyote

I also used to work with a guy who would come in completely lucid claiming that he just ingested various lethal amounts of drugs and alcohol. "Yeah I just drank like a handle a vodka, took a few percs, I'm still pretty hosed up on the two caps of acid I took this morning dude you know?" That kind of poo poo.

:lol:
Coyotes are solitary animals, and enormous wusses. There are probably bigger and scarier dogs in your neighborhood as housepets. Unless you are a toddler or a small mammal, you are walking away from a coyote fight 10 times out of 10 (and 99,999 times out of 100,000 when you encounter a coyote, there will not be a fight)

Here's a bunch of stupid stuff from imgur. A bunch of idiots in the comments are eating it up.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

canyoneer posted:

:lol:
Coyotes are solitary animals, and enormous wusses. There are probably bigger and scarier dogs in your neighborhood as housepets. Unless you are a toddler or a small mammal, you are walking away from a coyote fight 10 times out of 10 (and 99,999 times out of 100,000 when you encounter a coyote, there will not be a fight)

He said that he was drinking in the woods and the coyote came at him, and he punched it square in the face before grappling with it and driving it off. So yeah, definitely didn't happen. Honestly the guy is a source for an entire thread worth of STDH.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Coyotes can also travel in packs, and it's just about the only time that they are anything even resembling confident. So if a coyote did get mad enough to fight a dude, it probably had like 4-7 other coyotes at its back, and they'd all come in and gently caress your day up. Or it had rabies. A grown rear end man is not really opportunistic prey for something like a coyote, so even if it was weak/old/starving it wouldn't go near you. It might go after like a kid or something, but even that is pretty unlikely.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm terrified of spiders, so I talk about killing spiders p. much all day with my co-workers, maybe it's the same thing.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

So... he is the manager and he fired... himself?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

dijon du jour posted:

I think it's just a typo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

It's actually a really clever comment on society's response to depression

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Regarding PYF scar, I once rammed my thumb up the circular saw of one of those bread slicing machines. So I figured "yay, I have a story of digit mutilation to add" but it turns out I can't for the life of me find a scar on the thumb. So uh... Béat that you weaklings :smug:

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I have a scar on my right palm from trying to climb a barbed-wire fence in college.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Definitely getting bogged down in this scar thing, content

"he has a nice penis"

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

quote:

but I don't judge

hahahahaha

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man I remember that first story. While it obviously :happened:, it always makes me laugh.

Man redpill. I should go trawl their reddit tonight, I bet there is a lot of stdh.txt bragging and or whining to be found there :allears:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

quote:

When the Saudi King visited Balmoral, the vast royal estate in Scotland and got offered a tour, Queen climbed into the driving seat, turned the ignition and drove off. Women are not—yet—allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, and Abdullah was not used to being driven by a woman, let alone a queen. His nervousness only increased as the queen, an Army driver in wartime, accelerated the Land Rover along the narrow Scottish estate roads, talking all the time. Through his interpreter, the Crown Prince implored the Queen to slow down and concentrate on the road ahead.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I want to believe that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EmmyOk posted:

"he has a nice penis"

The person who wrote this has never even talked to a woman before.

I mean what the gently caress?

• Locked thread