Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

I love mine. It's really huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Starhawk64 posted:

Corsair 750D Full Tower Case. This thing is MASSIVE!

On the inverse, my son just bought a $40 Raspberry Pi B+, and we have been having a lot of fun messing around with it, trying to get it to do all of the same things as a more user friendly windows machine.

I forgot how stressful it was for me to watch a UNIX boot up sequence.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
I bought a piece of off-cut solid oak kitchen worktop and built myself a new desk. Part of our current project to reorganize and de-clutter our tiny house. Very happy with the result, I was having a significantly hard time finding cheap desks which were not horrible flat packs. Everything I could find which was solid wood on steel legs or frame was horrible expensive, so this worked out really well. I have the rest of the offcut which will turn into some small corner shelves.

The legs came from Ikea, I had them on an old nasty particle board desk.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Soon-to-be-purchased: a decent couch for my place! I don't like the low/L-shaped sectional kind of thing and this is rad. The fabric is kind of slubby like a nice pair of jeans.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

strangemusic posted:

Soon-to-be-purchased: a decent couch for my place! I don't like the low/L-shaped sectional kind of thing and this is rad. The fabric is kind of slubby like a nice pair of jeans.

That looks like the best couch for napping.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Bape Culture posted:

Pffft the peninsular doesn't have 9000 floors and it's got loads of green rolls royces instead of silver. It was between here and they hilltop place

This transcends first world problems. But to be honest I'd choose silver over green.

Bjork - Vulnicura. It's a great album. I'm a little obsessed with her so on top of the mp3 version I'll probably buy the vinyl soon.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Salty Licorice posted:

Backordered, so I won't get them until April or so, but I'm pretty excited.

Where can you actually buy this?

EDIT: Found it.

http://en.colette.fr/brand/cheap-monday.html

https://www.teenageengineering.com/store

Crain has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Jan 26, 2015

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I Am Not Spor posted:

This transcends first world problems. But to be honest I'd choose silver over green.

Bjork - Vulnicura. It's a great album. I'm a little obsessed with her so on top of the mp3 version I'll probably buy the vinyl soon.

Bjork always has the best album art.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

strangemusic posted:

Link?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

http://www.softline.dk/en/products/sofas/scope.htm

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
$500 well spent, but I'm not eager to go in for another 4+ hour tattoo session anytime in the near future.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jekub posted:

I bought a piece of off-cut solid oak kitchen worktop and built myself a new desk. Part of our current project to reorganize and de-clutter our tiny house. Very happy with the result, I was having a significantly hard time finding cheap desks which were not horrible flat packs. Everything I could find which was solid wood on steel legs or frame was horrible expensive, so this worked out really well. I have the rest of the offcut which will turn into some small corner shelves.

That is a gorgeous desk. What's the statue on the right?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Jekub posted:

Love it! Did a very similar thing when I moved to a new place that was 1/3 the size of my old one. Here's my final product:

Sorry, I basically brag about it every chance I get.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh we're posting desks? Sure I can do that.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

McKilligan posted:

$500 well spent, but I'm not eager to go in for another 4+ hour tattoo session anytime in the near future.

What is that, Hodor and Bran?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

colas posted:

Totes.

Regardless of which mythological figure that is it's some good line work, nice ink.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

colas posted:

Saint Christopher, actually.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

dovetaile posted:

That is a gorgeous desk. What's the statue on the right?

It's a piece of driftwood with a hand sculpted plaster dragon wrapped around it. One of to many things with dragon on in our house.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jekub posted:

It's a piece of driftwood with a hand sculpted plaster dragon wrapped around it. One of to many things with dragon on in our house.

And the only SFW one I bet :mmmhmm:

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

And the only SFW one I bet :mmmhmm:

Hah, no, we have two small boys who own most of the dragon related items. That sculpture and the Kidby Discworld print on the wall are my only contributions.

My Mum did once by me a clear acrylic toilet seat with a dragon in it, about the weirdest gift I have ever received.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Trabant posted:

Love it! Did a very similar thing when I moved to a new place that was 1/3 the size of my old one. Here's my final product:

Sorry, I basically brag about it every chance I get.

Looks like an Adidas desk.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

colas posted:

It is now.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

beato posted:

Looks like an Adidas desk.

Appropriate, as I'm originally

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I bought a 5s because the touch interface on my 4s died and I couldn't reboot it because my sleep button was broken so I couldn't reboot it manually or with assistive touch. When I tried to restore it (in case the touchscreen issue was a software problem) it bricked. Had it for 2.5 years so I guess it was a good run.

The fingerprint unlock feature on the new phone is pretty sweet.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

McKilligan posted:

McKilligan posted:

So, did he carry around a paraplegic kid or what?

I got this. /bow down before the one you serve/

colas has a new favorite as of 16:46 on Jan 26, 2015

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

colas posted:

So, did he carry around a paraplegic kid or what?

quote:

He met a hermit who instructed him in the Christian faith. Christopher asked him how he could serve Christ. When the hermit suggested fasting and prayer, Christopher replied that he was unable to perform that service. The hermit then suggested that because of his size and strength Christopher could serve Christ by assisting people to cross a dangerous river, where they were perishing in the attempt. The hermit promised that this service would be pleasing to Christ.

After Christopher had performed this service for some time, a little child asked him to take him across the river. During the crossing, the river became swollen and the child seemed as heavy as lead, so much that Christopher could scarcely carry him and found himself in great difficulty. When he finally reached the other side, he said to the child: "You have put me in the greatest danger. I do not think the whole world could have been as heavy on my shoulders as you were." The child replied: "You had on your shoulders not only the whole world but Him who made it. I am Christ your king, whom you are serving by this work." The child then vanished.

p much

colas
Feb 14, 2007

quote:

The child replied: "You had on your shoulders not only the whole world but Him who made it. I am Christ your king, whom you are serving by this work."

If Bran ends up saving the world I'm writing an angry letter to GRRM , that un-original bastard.

Cake batter. The flavor is good but the texture is mealy/grainy, just a little bit. kinda weird, the bottles aren't like that.

colas has a new favorite as of 19:35 on Jan 26, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

If Bran ends up saving the world I'm writing an angry letter to GRRM , that un-original bastard.

Cake batter. The flavor is good but the texture is mealy/grainy, just a little bit. kinda weird, the bottles aren't like that.

Muscle milk is lovely fatty powder. And waaaaaay overpriced. You really should check out the thread in the fitness forum.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Muscle milk is lovely fatty powder. And waaaaaay overpriced. You really should check out the thread in the fitness forum.

Meh, I like it. I've got other brands as well. I like just eating eggs over shakes for the most part.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Question to anyone who knows: What are some good free apps that are similar to those Pocket Operator synths? I wanna mess around with the concept before spending $60 and 3 months of my life waiting for it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

McKilligan posted:

You should've gotten the dog head version.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

just picked up this bar cart, now i need to start building my liquor inventory..

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Dr. Remulak posted:

just picked up this bar cart, now i need to start building my liquor inventory..

I like it, where from?

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

big mean giraffe posted:

Thank you for posting this. I've been a loyal Muscle Milk customer for years out of habit more than anything else, and when you called it lovely I went to the thread to prove you wrong because I can totally get 2.6 lb bags at BJs for $28.

Instead I found a coupon and bought 33 lbs of this:

Not bad for $162, especially since Myprotein has way more protein per pound. From what I hear it tastes pretty good, but I don't mind eating bad-tasting protein powder so I'm not worried.

Here's a link to the deal I found in the powders thead, if anyone else is interested: http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/143672

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Unflavored protein isn't as bad as it seems. If you're mixing it with anything you wont even notice. It's definitely worth buying bulk unflavored powder.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

I like it, where from?

Crate and Barrel
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/prost-bar-cart/s197573

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Crain posted:

Question to anyone who knows: What are some good free apps that are similar to those Pocket Operator synths? I wanna mess around with the concept before spending $60 and 3 months of my life waiting for it.
Yeah, what is similar, though? You want to mess around with synths and drums, Caustic is pretty great. The demo is free without ads. Doesn't save or export, but keeps what you're working on between sessions. It'll cost you like $7.5 to lift those restrictions, so still not excessive for something you could write an album in.

If it has got to look like an lcd computer game, I've got nothing for you.

Should you have some idevice, there's a whole iOS music production app thread in the Musician's Lounge.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Shoes for work

Shoes for running

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Solid choices all around. A good shoe post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?