Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fabricated posted:

People don't seem nearly alarmed enough by the gigantic evil hellstorm of smoke eels, even if the regular mean variety aren't terribly unusual.

The flying boobs are rather upset about it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Cope has hinted that we're gonna see some major Death of named chars this chapter.

I bet Toby and Starfish are going to bite it. Toby to give Ana a reason to join team Sette and Starfish to really indicate how the plot is moving up and beyond him, he's had his time to be terrible - he really seems like an early game small time villain, and whatever is going on is far bigger than he is. No better way to show that than to axe him off here.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Elan seems a sure bet for death. If Starfish bites it then Murkoph is probably the replacement creep.

Also I didn't realise Starfish was heading towards Sette :gonk:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hadn't read the Q&A thing in a while. I guess Elan was supposed to die early on, and Murk was supposed to pop out of the floor the murder and hotel lady gruesomely. Glad those were changed.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 26, 2015

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Be really careful about your mindset when you check this update, this page is super serious, upsetting, and grimdark and probably nsfw.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Is he taking the "hole" aspect from the flying butts? :getin: :goatsecx:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
He wouldn't have this problem if he just installed adblock.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Quigley displays his vicious ruthlessness in this latest update.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Holy hell, what would you even begin to tell those guys' families?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"He died as he lived: smothered in butts."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahahahaha, wow. Quigley is a monster. He's great; he's rapidly become one of my favorite characters in this. I need to reread the comic sometime.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
If everyone else dies and the comic turns into an Elka and Quigley buddy cop story I'd be ok with that.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Okay I'm a little lost on who has what information right now. Does Elan mistakenly think this, or is he just saying something that will get him out of this mess, or does he have information we don't?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's been pretty clear there's a major political conspiracy going on and the main cast of characters are just on the ground floor of it all. Wouldn't be surprised if Elan knows more than we do.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
This page (http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch09/ch09_49.html) and the next, I think, is what Elan means. Though I don't know why he's only telling Elka this now.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
The gently caress is this :stare:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

While I'm no expert, when it comes to being stabbed, them organs probably are the most vital and important for survivin', to boot.

Positively critical, even.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jackard posted:

The gently caress is this :stare:

Duane stabbed her in the heart. Is metaphor.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's been pretty clear there's a major political conspiracy going on and the main cast of characters are just on the ground floor of it all. Wouldn't be surprised if Elan knows more than we do.

Well, for what it's worth, it's been fairly strongly implied that he's wrong - the first silver is part of a palace conspiracy to kill the Queen and replace her government, not something ordered by the Queen herself. Seems like Elan took what Stockyard told him and leapt to the wrong conclusions.

Oxxidation posted:

Duane stabbed her in the heart. Is metaphor.

That or it's a hilarious gag stabbing. Which does seem in character for Sette, but... probably a metaphor.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

Well, for what it's worth, it's been fairly strongly implied that he's wrong - the first silver is part of a palace conspiracy to kill the Queen and replace her government, not something ordered by the Queen herself. Seems like Elan took what Stockyard told him and leapt to the wrong conclusions.

Fair enough, with the hiatus it can be a little hard to keep track. Also how some characters deliberately choose to be obtuse at times.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
In which we learn the obvious by implication, that Sette probably isn't a Frummagem because deep down she's too soft.

Also Starfish is officially back to creep things up.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 13, 2015

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
really hoping starfish's part in this story comes to a short, sharp end in this chapter

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

really hoping starfish's part in this story comes to a short, sharp end in this chapter

As if.

It will be a long, fangoriously agonizing end. :unsmigghh:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The question is who gets to bring that end. Toma, Quigley, Duane, Sette herself? I'm kinda rooting for Quigley because he's been on a roll and I want his rampage to continue forever, but anyone could be good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm imagining that most of the named death going on this chapter will be the evil deathball of first silver finally popping.

Ashley semi-spoils stuff on occassion: I recall her saying that Starfish gets a "Professor Hojo moment" this chapter so I imagine he gets disgustingly killed by whatever the hell the first silver does.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Starfish is ultimately destroyed by his devotion to science

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ugh just die already

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Starfish has now officially entered what we may consider the "pre-evisceration" phase of his lifecycle.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think the only questions at this point are how long we will be forced to wait for his brutal, gory murder and who gets to pull the trigger on it.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I don't think there's enough :barf: in the world to describe this page.

The magical pain bomb horrifically murdering him can only be a step lighter in tone.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man we get it, he's a loving creep. Make with the gore explosions already.

I kinda wonder exactly how old Sette is really supposed to be then? Ashley has said she was a baby once and drawn her as both a toddler and something like a 6-8 year old would look. You'd think more people would have noticed that she didn't age at all if this was some really long period of time like 10-20 years where her appearance didn't change.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Fabricated posted:

You'd think more people would have noticed that she didn't age at all if this was some really long period of time like 10-20 years where her appearance didn't change.

They probably have, it's just that they've had no reason to comment on it before. Anyone who's met her since the start of the story hasn't known her long enough to notice, and everyone that knew her before has known her so long that her weirdness is old news.

Agreed about Starfish needing to move into the post-evisceration phase of his lifecycle already, but it looks like this is the last of it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I am relieved that Starfish is no longer in the same room as Sette, but somehow I am more queasy with thoughts of what he is going to do with that lock of her hair :barf:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So he's a pedophile AND a hair sniffer. Where's this man's mod star?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fabricated posted:

So he's a pedophile AND a hair sniffer. Where's this man's mod star?

With his fish.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't get the fish line.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
He's referring to himself in the third person using an abbreviation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
His name is Starfish, he's the star, he's the fish.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

His name is Starfish, he's the star, he's the fish.

My life is now incomplete until I see Unsounded on Broadway complete with Starfish's song and dance number

Front row seats advised to bring raincoats for blood spatters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
What with the reveal that Sette is basically an eternal child, now I kinda know what it must feel like for those goons in ADTRW who get made fun of for liking terrible anime. Also count me in on the "gently caress Starfish" troop. Like jeeze, let's admit that the guy is worse to see on panel than Murkoph by this point.