Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Convex posted:

Any hint of a release date yet? I worry that I might be getting too old and decrepit to handle such a smorgasbord of slams and jams

never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
X114JAM9 will be a surprise entrant in this year's Royal Rumble.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if o missed this earlier on the thread, but the JAM cyborg guy is supposed to be Hoopz, right?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Gortarius posted:

Writing a super long dialog and I'm kinda worried it is so overly long that people will start skipping through it after the halfway point. At the same time though, I can't really make it any shorter or I can't include everything I want in it.

I really like some of the longer dialogs in the first game, like the "Tell me about the lines on a bball Charles" and the whole one billion slamdunks throughout the cosmos one. They are really short in comparison though and I feel they are also a lot better in every single way.

This has some really goofy animations here and there (plus possibly the most iconic animation in the entire game?) during it but it goes on for a long time.

Only time will tell if people love it or hate it.

The key is to highlight major narrative shifts by 1. having a music shift, 2. having one of the characters walk away, then turn to face the other characters again, or 3. having the setting fade to a starscape/sepia scene of the past, leaving the characters the only things in color.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Also, use "...[character name]..." very liberally.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

"You baka!" -Charles Barkley

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

Discendo Vox posted:

The key is to highlight major narrative shifts by 1. having a music shift, 2. having one of the characters walk away, then turn to face the other characters again, or 3. having the setting fade to a starscape/sepia scene of the past, leaving the characters the only things in color.

Basically just make HD Chrono Trigger.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Do The Evolution posted:

Basically just make HD Chrono Trigger.

You know what would also help players stay focused? Use color coding to highlight proper nouns- but I assume you're doing that already. Also, ofc, characters providing major backstory segments should have their words slowly fade in without a textbox, independent of player text speed settings or input. This tells the player that this text is especially important.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Also, use "...[character name]..." very liberally.

The use of ... before and after every word has been very liberal. Lot of unwarranted dramatic pauses.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

panda clue posted:

holy poo poo this thread, I forgot this even existed. is this ever going to actually happen, or is it going to be just like 99% of all other kickstarters? Is the dude working on it even around anymore?
Hi! I'm the main coder for this dumb game. Barcula 2: Queklain no Vengeant is very much happening! But as it turns out, making a huge goddamn games takes a huge amount of goddamn time. The game has a quite silly scope in terms of story and gameplay. There are a lot of stupid intricate gameplay systems that they force me to implement.

Here is something i've been working on lately! It's a thing intended to speed up development of the game by letting us make changes to cinematics and other things without needing to restart/recompile the game (the game is now so big that this can take ~5 minutes of a normal PC, imagine doing that every time you want to fix a spelling error or tweak some timing).

I wish we could post much more of our progress than we do, but since the game is not randomly generated like all other indie titles these days, anything we show off would be a massive spoiler. Franklin shows off his pixel plotting sessions in his streams and that's pretty much as far as we can go, even then half the things he does are under wraps and don't show up on the stream. As for my work, I made a KS update on collision systems and you can check the above link, but other than that I don't really have much of interest to show. Screenshots and such kind of tend to get more interest than a pastebin of 400 lines of code.

The game is still planned to be at the scope that we originally planned, which means we haven't cut out anything of significance. We would rather delay the game and release the best Gunslinging RPG With Baseball B-Ball Jokes ever than cut things and push it out the door.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 26, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bisse posted:

Baseball Jokes
N...no! :gonk:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

What- OH gently caress

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is worse than when Britney was caught drinking Coke.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i knew theyd sell out

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The only baseball joke was when Jordan played.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Groovelord Neato posted:

Charles Baka-I mean Barkley should have made this burn when Jordan was being rude at the start of the game.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

I had to convince several friends that that was a thing that actually happened and not a fever dream I had in the 90s.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
What a PR catastrophe.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I'm loving crushed. This isn't the B-ball I was hoping for. This wasn't the kind of crushing disappointment i wanted to have with this game. Thsi is the wrong kind of garbage!!

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I agree, baseball is a joke

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm loving crushed. This isn't the B-ball I was hoping for. This wasn't the kind of crushing disappointment i wanted to have with this game. Thsi is the wrong kind of garbage!!
On behalf of ToG and all of its associates I promise that we will work day and night without rest and without fail to deliver the expected quantities of the correct kind of garbage.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Bisse posted:

Here is something i've been working on lately! It's a thing intended to speed up development of the game by letting us make changes to cinematics and other things without needing to restart/recompile the game (the game is now so big that this can take ~5 minutes of a normal PC, imagine doing that every time you want to fix a spelling error or tweak some timing).

If all your text strings aren't actually hardcoded, I'll cancel my sub

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
D E H U M A N I Z E Y O U R S E L F A N D F A C E T O B L O O D S H E D .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lxnrs8dljM

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

desensitize your face and self to baseball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjfZABX8Kw

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Bisse posted:

On behalf of ToG and all of its associates I promise that we will work day and night without rest and without fail to deliver the expected quantities of the correct kind of garbage.

I'm literally shaking right now... ... ... but i think i'll be all right... thank u for ur reassuring words, I can trust in the ToGsters again....

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm literally shaking right now... ... ... but i think i'll be all right... thank u for ur reassuring words, I can trust in the ToGsters again....

He is lying, dont trust him!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

technically shouldn't it be ToG'sters?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Bisse posted:

please offer free DLC. this is the only apology I've been trained to accept

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

SirPenguin posted:

please offer free DLC. this is the only apology I've been trained to accept

We will release the game half done, and then pretend to be great philantrophists by giving away the rest of the game as free DLC.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gortarius posted:

We will release the game half done, and then pretend to be great philantrophists by giving away the rest of the game as free DLC.

y'all still got it! I never lost faith

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Release the game now as a 20 kb text file that is just "im gay" over and over until it's 20 kb then release the dlc when it's done

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

jsoh posted:

Release the game now as a 20 kb text file that is just "im gay" over and over until it's 20 kb then release the dlc when it's done

Looks like someone has leaked the contents of our planned DLC...

DLC.txt, 7,99$
Bugfix DLC, 12,99$
Keyboard support DLC, 15,99$
Gamepad support DLC, 12,99$
Mouse enable DLC, 23,99$

Glompsters Krazy Kart Rides Expansion pack, 29,69$

The Lost Clowns trilogy, featuring:
- Clown of the Dunken Thing
- Clown of the Bold Irony Thing
- Clown of the Ivory Latta Thing

Upgraded grafix and improved gameplay in the 2020 re-release Scholar of the First Sin's of the Father's day

The Nuclear Mega-Pak, 15,99$
Character Creation expansion pak, 23,48$
Slendermans Slender Gender Bender DLC, 1$
Slendermans Tender Gender Bender DLC, 0$

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 28, 2015

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Ladies and Gentledwarves,

today, Tales of Game's - An Edutainment Company solemnly unveil the release of our magnus opus, our raison d'être:

The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog: Escape from Necron 7 - The Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

Stay tuned for announcements on upcoming downloadable expansions!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bisse posted:

today, Tales of Game's - An Edutainment Company solemnly unveil the release of our magnus opus, our raison d'être:

The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog: Escape from Necron 7 - The Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

I think there are some bugs with a few side quests. Is there a way to make my character homosexual? The game seems to think so.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Is it a virus?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

DeepQantas posted:

Is it a virus?

Yes.

I'm sick to my stomach right now.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gortarius posted:

Tim Shafer's reading this and doing the Grinch Smile

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Bisse posted:

delivers

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Streaming right now.
http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Animating pixel art explosions for Barkley2. Been doing that this week, gotta make a bunch. Doing a big one right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Explosions confirmed!