Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah I also don't think a glorified supersoaker can generate Planck temperature, which is 1.416833(85) × 1032 K or 100 million million million million million degrees F.

And whatever is packing that power in the gun isn't going to be easy to acquire. Especially if you're currently fire gun-less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Yeah I also don't think a glorified supersoaker can generate Planck temperature, which is 1.416833(85) × 1032 K or 100 million million million million million degrees F.

Heat-Wave and everything within a reasonable radius of him would also turn to plasma, I'm fairly sure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Heat-Wave and everything within a reasonable radius of him would also turn to plasma, I'm fairly sure.

Several miles probably, yeah. The center of the sun is "only" 15 billion K.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

When they said his gun heats things to the Planck temperature it reminded me of this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

McSpanky posted:

When they said his gun heats things to the Planck temperature it reminded me of this.

Well, now I have to listen to the audiobook of What If again. Thanks! :colbert:

(No, really, thanks. Wil Wheaton is a really good narrator for those.)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

greatn posted:

Supergirl is cast, Melissa Benoist of Whiplash and Glee.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208#!/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208

I know nothing about her but she certainly looks the part.
Serendipity demands that I post this.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Error 404 posted:

I wouldn't worry. They both weren't cool til after glee.

Gustin was plenty cool on Glee. Sebastian was a great villain.

And Melissa... wore a hat and was pretty, I guess.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've just got watching the latest episode of The Flash. Wentworth Miller is clearly having the time of his life.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I want him to be a regular next season. Just have the Rogues be the main villains next year.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Wentworth? Seriously?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

General Bort posted:

Wentworth? Seriously?

Flash is to Prison Break guys as Arrow is to Spartacus guys.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Dominic Purcell isn't much in the acting department, but goddamn if his voice isn't Supervillain 101.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Error 404 posted:

Dominic Purcell isn't much in the acting department, but goddamn if his voice isn't Supervillain 101.

Yeah I've never liked him in anything but I think he did great in this. Both of them really.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Error 404 posted:

His acting was a little wooden, but the 'I am the heat :black101:' completly sold me.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I thought he was perfectly fine as a dude who is obviously crazy. I can kind of see how some people think he was just awkward and stilted, but I thought it fit the character.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

VDay posted:

I thought he was perfectly fine as a dude who is obviously crazy. I can kind of see how some people think he was just awkward and stilted, but I thought it fit the character.

I don't actually have anything against him, I was just trying to illustrate that his voice is more of a draw for me than his acting. He just has 'the voice' for being a great villain.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Is there anything unusual to the ordering of Arrow and Flash this season? Trying to work out which episodes to watch when, since I know there are crossovers.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Flash episodes air the day before Arrow, but time passes in each show at the same rate. So watch Flash episode 1, then Arrow episode 1. Flash episode 2, Arrow episode 2, etc etc. The crossover episodes are the 8th ones, before that it really doesn't matter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Is there anything unusual to the ordering of Arrow and Flash this season? Trying to work out which episodes to watch when, since I know there are crossovers.

You don't need to watch them alternating or anything. The only one that really matters is watching the Flash half of the cross-over before the Arrow one.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Haha, what? Vinnie Jones is in Arrow now? I know technically he's been acting as long as he played football but it never stops weirding me out whenever he pops up in something. From the man who crushed Gazza's balls in his hand to primetime US television. :psyduck:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Haha, what? Vinnie Jones is in Arrow now? I know technically he's been acting as long as he played football but it never stops weirding me out whenever he pops up in something. From the man who crushed Gazza's balls in his hand to primetime US television. :psyduck:

He's the Juggernaut, BITCH

(remember that loving thing?)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sentinel Red posted:

He's also a main character on Galavant, a musical show about a knight on ABC.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
David Tennant has been cast as the Purple Man on Jessica Jones.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/david-tennant-play-villain-marvels-767118

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

lomzus posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/david-tennant-play-villain-marvels-767118

Wait so Jones is coming this year too? So have we confirmed the schedule is going to be two series per year? That makes more sense than the one per year some were speculating on.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Every casting decision about this show is more terrible than the last that I'm actually starting to get nervous about Daredevil :ohdear:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Every casting decision about this show is more terrible than the last that I'm actually starting to get nervous about Daredevil :ohdear:

What? How is that a bad call?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lomzus posted:

Since when does Tennant need superpowers to charm someone

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

zoux posted:

What? How is that a bad call?

I have seen enough Doctor Who. He is a really bad actor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Mmmhmm. I'm sure the Royal Shakespeare Company agrees with you.

He's awesome in everything I've seen him in, but admittedly I don't watch Dr. Who.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

This is extremely opiniony.

A lot of people like him just fine, there for, it is not a bad decision, because he is an actor that is liked. He's not a bad actor if you don't like him, it just means you don't like him. Which is fine.

Considering we know nothing about how the character will be written, or the show, I feel like it is a bit early to start criticizing him in the role.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also if you want to get a lot of eyeballs on your comic book show, which is good for all comic book shows, then casting David Tennant is a good move.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

ToastyPotato posted:

This is extremely opiniony.

A lot of people like him just fine, there for, it is not a bad decision, because he is an actor that is liked. He's not a bad actor if you don't like him, it just means you don't like him. Which is fine.

Considering we know nothing about how the character will be written, or the show, I feel like it is a bit early to start criticizing him in the role.

Yes it is an opinion? I don't particularly care if a lot of people like him and I don't see how that would play into being good casting. He's been bad in anything I've seen him in.

As for the show Krysten Ritter is also terrible casting for Jessica Jones and has no point shown she can play that character. The showrunner is also most well known for writing a bunch of terrible Dexter episodes, Twilight and Birds of Prey. That's not really confidence inspiring creative team.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Tennant chews scenery like a goddamn Langolier, looking forward to see him play a comic book villain.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Your first mistake was watching Dr. Who

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

Yes it is an opinion? I don't particularly care if a lot of people like him and I don't see how that would play into being good casting. He's been bad in anything I've seen him in.

As for the show Krysten Ritter is also terrible casting for Jessica Jones and has no point shown she can play that character. The showrunner is also most well known for writing a bunch of terrible Dexter episodes, Twilight and Birds of Prey. That's not really confidence inspiring creative team.

It is more that you frame your opinion pretty poorly.

Good opinion framing "I do not like X because Y"

Poor opinion framing: "X is bad."

Telling people something that they like is bad or awful isn't really a nice way of carrying on a conversation. It's totally ok to not like something but there is no need to be so coarse about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That said Krysten Ritter is actually bad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Waterhaul posted:

She worked on Dexters fourth season which was the best.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I'd say she definitely has the wrong look for the role. And I have never seen her be too serious or do anything remotely action like so it is definitely a REALLY WEIRD choice. Maybe she will surprise us, but I can totally agree that someone else might have been easier to swallow in the role.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Not seen any of her work then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

bobkatt013 posted:

She worked on Dexters fourth season which was the best.

This can't be true when Doakes had been gotten rid of in season 2 :colbert: