Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Holdbrooks posted:

Not sure I can ever go full vegan because neat is pretty tasty, but seeing the seas of cow in northern Texas at the factory farms was pretty sad.

Similar experience from my end, except you should go watch the California happy cow commercials and then try driving past the same stuff you snapped from your road trip. Uh huh. Happy cows. It's really disgusting and depressing to think about what it takes to feed people.

Edit:

Holy poo poo, real life spin tires!

\/\/\/\/\/\/ Yeah, you're probably right. \/\/\/\/\/

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

ssjonizuka posted:

Similar experience from my end, except you should go watch the California happy cow commercials and then try driving past the same stuff you snapped from your road trip. Uh huh. Happy cows. It's really disgusting and depressing to think about what it takes to feed people.

I think once they get lab grown meat pretty close to what farm grown, and it isn't dumb expensive, you will see less and less of the terrible condition for animals in the developed world.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ssjonizuka posted:

Holy poo poo, real life spin tires!

Was going to say that exact same thing. When I first saw the title I was thinking "so walk your rear end out there and pick it up". I didn't realize people were driving R/C cars long distances with FPV setups now.

Which is pretty much what I always wanted to do as a kid with a TC3 Rally kit, so, that's awesome.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think once they get lab grown meat pretty close to what farm grown, and it isn't dumb expensive, you will see less and less of the terrible condition for animals in the developed world.

I would very much like to be able to buy perfect steak without killing an animal. I love animals and I love meat. Animals ARE meat so it's kinda annoying.

...and no vegan food I've ever tasted is anywhere near as tasty as a steak.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I looked up my credit score on the off chance that I might have to end up financing a car and apparently both equifax and transunion have no credit records for me at all. I have a bank account, I've had the same job for 5+ years, I pay my bills on time for the most part but I guess that poo poo doesn't count?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
same job for 5+ years: nope
I pay my bills on time: nope

Get a loan. that'll improve your credit.

welcome to my hell.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

rscott posted:

I looked up my credit score on the off chance that I might have to end up financing a car and apparently both equifax and transunion have no credit records for me at all. I have a bank account, I've had the same job for 5+ years, I pay my bills on time for the most part but I guess that poo poo doesn't count?

Small secured credit card, charge a tank of gas on it each month, pay it all off when you get the statement. Get a small loan (especially if you have all the cash to pay it fully off if an emergency hit) and pay on it. All credit rating is is a look at when you borrow, do you pay it back. If you've never borrowed, you don't really have credits. Places like utility companies don't generally report payments, only lack of payments. Store cards (Sears, Best Buy, Victoria Secret, etc) are the same way. Good way to ruin your credit, but do nothing for you. As much as I hate to pimp Reddit out, their Personal Finance subreddit has some good info on how to build credit, starter credit cards that arent terrible, and a list of other things.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My credit sucks balls but gently caress it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

same job for 5+ years: nope
I pay my bills on time: nope

Get a loan. that'll improve your credit.

welcome to my hell.

I was honestly surprised we qualified for a home loan at all, considering my credit history. Yet, somehow, I'm nowhere near the lowest percentile :stare:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I applied for babies' first credit card a few months ago just to build my credit rating and got approved for a £6.5k limit. :catstare:

The only "loan" I've ever had is a student loan, is that normal for a credit card? That's more then I've ever had in my current account at one time.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My credit sucks balls but gently caress it.

I didn't care either. I've always bought in cash.

Now that I want to live somewhere nice, yeah nope. we need a credit score of 700 for you to live here.

...wha

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

KKKLIP ART posted:

Small secured credit card, charge a tank of gas on it each month, pay it all off when you get the statement

That's exactly what I've been doing since I was old enough to have a credit card and it has helped build my credit score up.
I've set my credit card to direct debit the full payment automatically so I don't have to worry about paying it off either.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I think I'll be watching this tonight:

http://definitivehobbitcut.tumblr.com/

3 hour Hobbit re-edit

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Small secured credit card, charge a tank of gas on it each month, pay it all off when you get the statement.
This is what I did ~10 years ago when I headed off to college. Used it for gas and occasionally groceries, paid off in full every month and built up a good credit base. Then when I started traveling for work I picked up a Delta/AmEx card to make use of the miles. Last year I cancelled the old one and now use the AmEx for basically everything and just pay off full every month. That was enough to get approved for my mortgage and shortly after a small auto loan.

Anyone know of things to do in the DC area? I might hit the Smithsonian Air and Space since I haven't been there in years but I'd rather not be stuck inside. Could really use some advice on decent roads or areas to drive. Goal is to get away from the city asap and just drive around then get a hotel when I get tired. Coworker has a restaurant in Harpers Ferry that I'm going to try to hit for Breakfast Saturday then I'll have some time to kill.

If you had a fun car for ~12 hours around DC where would you head?

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
signed up for some capital one secured mastercard poo poo, $99 gets me a $200 line of credit, weeeeeee

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Amex is the poo poo if you ever have issues with a charge. We rented a car that broke down on the side of the road for 6 or 7 hours, the company said they would refund the day but never did. I called Amex, told them about the situation and they looked into it. The car company said sure it broke down but tough cookies, Amex told them to kick rocks and refunded me the money anyway. I use my amex for p. much everything.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've got capital ones quick silver and I funnel all my bills through it so I get cash back on everything.

Aww yiss.

If only my landlord would let me pay via card.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

ssjonizuka posted:

That's why I am vegetarian and heading toward veganism. I can no longer justify an animal living that kind of existence just so that I can eat a burger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

That's why I am vegetarian and heading toward veganism. I can no longer justify an animal living that kind of existence just so that I can eat a burger.

Ugh, that sounds like hell.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I also get to be super smug about it, so that's a plus?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

:shrug: I can't eat beef anyways, because its generally too oily.

But you will have to rip my chicken from my cold dead hands.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I guess so!

Meanwhile I have ribeyes waiting for me this evening.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
My favorite sandwich in town has turkey, ham, roast beef, pepperoni, and pastrami. Plus 4 different cheeses. Think I'd better go there tomorrow.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My seven-year-old won't eat beef of any sort, but loves chicken because chicken nuggets are just "too yummy."

I love that she's at least honest with herself.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Amex is the poo poo if you ever have issues with a charge. We rented a car that broke down on the side of the road for 6 or 7 hours, the company said they would refund the day but never did. I called Amex, told them about the situation and they looked into it. The car company said sure it broke down but tough cookies, Amex told them to kick rocks and refunded me the money anyway. I use my amex for p. much everything.
Agreed, Amex is great if you ever have any issue or dispute. I pay for everything with it and have used that a few times, each time it's been less than 24 hours.

Slow is Fast posted:

If only my landlord would let me pay via card.
Wish they hadn't fixed the old loopholes that let you pay mortgage with a credit card. I'm sure there are still a few ways but they aren't nearly as straight forward and easy as it used to be. My Dad did this for years and used the rewards/miles for vacations.

goatse guy posted:

:golfclap:

I eat way too much chicken and enough beef/pork that I wouldn't want to go vegan. I'm sure there's some great recipes but it's hard to beat a big chunk of meat fresh from the grill.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
#yolo

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
For every animal you guys don't eat, I'll eat three.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pham Nuwen posted:

I think I'll be watching this tonight:

http://definitivehobbitcut.tumblr.com/

3 hour Hobbit re-edit

I've got the Tolkien Edit version that's 4 hours. Maybe I should compare them or something. I'd rather sit through both than sit through all three full-length Hobbit movies again.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I just realized that in 30 days, we've had four people quit. I can't wait to jump from this sinking ship.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ah the joys of E30 ownership. I'm a big fan of going to order a $5 part and ending up with $100+ in parts. Ice racing an E30 is fun as hell, I ran out chump car last winter a couple times. I'd recommend a car with windows, roof and a heater though...convertible was loving cold.

Eh, it's got windows and a roof, close enough.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

the spyder posted:

I just realized that in 30 days, we've had four people quit. I can't wait to jump from this sinking ship.

Whats happening?

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Yeah, my reaction towards E30 ownership is "oh, I found this bit that's bad -- time to order new everything in the immediate vicinity of it"

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

jammyozzy posted:

I applied for babies' first credit card a few months ago just to build my credit rating and got approved for a £6.5k limit. :catstare:

The only "loan" I've ever had is a student loan, is that normal for a credit card? That's more then I've ever had in my current account at one time.

Was it through your current bank or someone else who spammed you. I've found that your own bank seem to give sensible limits. Anybody else seems to give stupid ones because they are desperate for you to owe them money. I think I got an over £10k limit on my first credit card with someone else (I've always had one with my bank which has a sensible limit on but wanted a second emergency one)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

kastein posted:

My housemate and I ordered a curry the other night, a 'mixed grill' and it came with 3 different meats, chicken (lots), lamb and beef. It came in a great big foil bag that was leaking juices everywhere. It was utterly loving amazing.

I'm with you.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I care a lot about what other people eat

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

jammyozzy posted:

I run £100-£500 through my card every month and don't carry a balance for long, earn over median wage and have a £4k limit. My wife who hasn't had a job in 6-7 years and puts under £30 a month on hers has a limit over £18k. Shits nonsense, I tell her every now and then to have it reduced to £1k.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

kastein posted:

I'm not throwing 40,000 years of Homo Sapiens evolution down the drain so I can pretend I'm not an apex predator.

Throw an extra rack of ribs on the grill for me.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Tomarse posted:

Was it through your current bank or someone else who spammed you. I've found that your own bank seem to give sensible limits. Anybody else seems to give stupid ones because they are desperate for you to owe them money. I think I got an over £10k limit on my first credit card with someone else (I've always had one with my bank which has a sensible limit on but wanted a second emergency one)

It's not my current bank but wasn't a spam company either. I went shopping for the best one I was likely to get approved for and they came up with that, idk. I pay it off every month, hopefully by the time the 0% interest deal runs out my score will have improved and I'll get something better. :shrug:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

Now just become a missionary and start doing cross fit. Then you can hit the smug trifecta.

Buy a Prius to get invited to the bonus round!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

jammyozzy posted:

It's not my current bank but wasn't a spam company either. I went shopping for the best one I was likely to get approved for and they came up with that, idk. I pay it off every month, hopefully by the time the 0% interest deal runs out my score will have improved and I'll get something better. :shrug:

If you pay it off every month the interest rate means nothing.

• Locked thread