Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Brony Car posted:

Sterling is more like Messi, but Black. It's sharp turns, pace and body movement. Love Couts's skill but it ain't always necessary to beat your man

lol "Couts's"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Garcia being smooth with the player makes me think he's going to pretend to yawn so he can put his arm around him and lean in for a kiss

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
There sure are a lot of FB pages named Islam Mohamed. I hope Salah get playing time purely for the jokes and isn't oppressed like he was at Chelsea.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
When Salah isn't on the pitch all the other players should be asking 'Where's Salah'

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

£3000 raised to put that in the Sunday Herald
:ughh:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That's a whole lotta words to say "Suck it, Huns"

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Will Trapp (MLS & US National Team) would be an interesting coup. He was ROY in the MLS is widely regarded as a special defensive midfielder. While we do have Rossiter, this Trapp fellow is the real deal and would tutor well under Leiva and Allen.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Roy of the MLS

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Roy Trapper

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Is he like the Barry Hunter?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/philmcnulty/2011/12/phil_jones_destined_for_manche.html

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

I thought the article itself was a treat, but whoa nellie those comments.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

trem_two posted:

I thought the article itself was a treat, but whoa nellie those comments.
jesus

quote:

The one player Phil Jones really reminds me of is Franz Beckenbauer for his endeavour striding out of defence with purpose. He maybe doesn't quite have the technique as of yet.. but if he keeps progressing the way he has been doing then imagining him at 21 is a scary prospect.

All young players now will always have comparisons, Messi/Maradona is the prime example. I even remember a young Ryan Giggs being likened to George Best and look how different their careers turned out at Old Trafford! Every player is different and sometimes too much can be read into comparisons. The great thing about P.Jones is that he is doing so many things the right way that are bringing about these comparisons. For example his influence on matches and his team-mates might be similar to that of Roy Keane but he went though the first matches without even conceding a foul.. and if I'm not mistaken this afternoon was his first booking of the season.. very unlike Roy Keane in that respect. I think Phil has the hunger, desire and ability to play they game he wants and ultimately in 15 years a 19 year old breaking through with similar attributes will be considered the next Phil Jones!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
A Beckenbauer or a Jones

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

You know for certain that whoever wrote that has never seen Beckenbauer play.

I also can't wait for the troll crowd to hound Jones to the lower clubs like what happened with Cleverley

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

"the new Duncan Edwards" I believed they called him.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzwSJb-_FYc

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
I'm not clicking that

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

click it

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

euroboy posted:

"the new Duncan Edwards" I believed they called him.

Seems accurate to me, Edwards was also poo poo at football by his 22nd birthday

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Lol.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Lol nice

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

wrong thread

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

:captainpop:

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...l-10007825.html

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I see you've found my blog... :chord:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Agreed - because Costa was intentional, and Suarez just slipped and fell several times

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Same. Wrong thread.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Suarez did nothing wrong

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

We'll dick these and Bolton.

Then twat the Mancs at the cess pit, poo poo on West Ham and then go one more trophy closer to repeating 2001 by beating Arsenal in the FA Cup again.

made c*nts of us last season and this....wont happen again....we'll grease the wheels of our tanks with the guts of the Palace drummers...

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
As a Guild Wars 2 fan, seeing [Sturridge and Balotelli] successful under the name SAB would make me double erect every time I see them being called like that.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
when people say 'yeah, but chelsea have no history'... ok, their history might not be as decorated as the other big established clubs, but if we have this same conversation in 20, 30 or 50 years time, their history will be littered with success

same with city

i'm sick and tired of real barca utd liverpool munich meelan juve, etc, trying to dictate footballs terms to protect their own... i say, get yourself a sugar daddy, stick it right up em', and gatecrash their silly little party

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
http://theallrounder.co/2014/11/17/messi-maradona-and-argentine-machismo/

quote:

So, what precisely is un-Argentine about Lionel Messi? I think the answer lies in his rejection of traditional masculinity. The ambivalence toward Lionel Messi’s argentinidad stems from a nerve center where the ideal working-class footballer intersects with masculinity and nationalism.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

oliwan posted:

when people say 'yeah, but chelsea have no history'... ok, their history might not be as decorated as the other big established clubs, but if we have this same conversation in 20, 30 or 50 years time, their history will be littered with success

same with city

i'm sick and tired of real barca utd liverpool munich meelan juve, etc, trying to dictate footballs terms to protect their own... i say, get yourself a sugar daddy, stick it right up em', and gatecrash their silly little party

Please quote me when using my blog

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Meelan

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Definitely wrong thread

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

James Richardson likes this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
anyone who supports Man City Chelsea Man utd Liverpool Arsenal or Southampton is literally a glory hunter and should support a real team that dosen't buy the league (like QPR) i mean seriously even if you were born there you are still glory hunting scum worst kind of football fans honestly