Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

where is that from i know its from the assassination classroom dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

where is that from i know its from the assassination classroom dude

Matsui Yuusei Eats Araki Hirohiko's Cooking

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm already working on my Tatami Galaxy fandub, where i voice every character, and i only use my normal speaking voice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Matsui Yuusei Eats Araki Hirohiko's Cooking

Thank you.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
My fandub of Chihayafuru involves Asami Setos original Chihaya voice and my heavy breathing in all other roles.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

K. Flaps posted:

My fandub of Chihayafuru involves Asami Setos original Chihaya voice and my heavy breathing in all other roles.

my girls und panzer dub will be entirely in broken german and russian

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

aers posted:

Whoever this person is just wants e-fame though, based off their posts in various places.

I will give them their e-fame because I love them.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

K. Flaps posted:

Roles include: Taichi, Arata, the falling cherry blossoms

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

What the hell was the alien

the alien was an alien

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i only dub in original 日本語 as it was intended by the creators

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Same.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I still struggle with Serial Experiments Lain. Not sure if that's ever really gonna click to me, even though I want it to.

What's everbody enjoying the most this past season? I got a ton more mileage out of Parasyte than I ever thought I would.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

So I still struggle with Serial Experiments Lain. Not sure if that's ever really gonna click to me, even though I want it to.

What's everbody enjoying the most this past season? I got a ton more mileage out of Parasyte than I ever thought I would.

I still rewatch episodes of Haikyuu pretty much every week.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

G-Reco has remained the show I have the most hype for every single week. Naturally that means that the subs tend to come out right before I go to bed.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

David Duchovny?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Srice posted:

G-Reco has remained the show I have the most hype for every single week. Naturally that means that the subs tend to come out right before I go to bed.

I still don't get why everyone loves it, honestly. I checked one of the newest episodes and it's still boring as hell.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Your lie in April will probably end up being one of my favorite anime of all time. SHIROBAKO is actively making the anime industry a better place. Yowapedia, Yona of the Dawn, and Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! contain cute boys. Durarara!! and Jojo are back! Oh, and Maria the Virgin Witch is fun, historically accurate smut, which may be the best kind.

Is good season.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

Is good season.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

WickedHate posted:

I still don't get why everyone loves it, honestly. I checked one of the newest episodes and it's still boring as hell.

It's a sharply written show that's tackling a plot that a lot of anime would handle in a way that's much more convoluted or with an endless stream of infodumps. There are just so many factions at play and I love how they don't just stop the show for talking heads to explain to the audience what everyone's motivation is. Instead it's much more natural about it.

I respect shows that respect the viewer.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Your lie in April will probably end up being one of my favorite anime of all time. SHIROBAKO is actively making the anime industry a better place. Yowapedia, Yona of the Dawn, and Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! contain cute boys. Durarara!! and Jojo are back! Oh, and Maria the Virgin Witch is fun, historically accurate smut, which may be the best kind.

Is good season.

Yeah at first I thought Winter was just gonna be a season that will primarily satisfy people who were looking forward to all those sequels, but I'm glad that there are plenty more things to enjoy besides sequels.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What's a ggood anime where nothing is explained and weird poo poo happens

I've watched Boogiepop and Lain if that helps

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Smoking Crow posted:

Paranoia Agent. Trapeze.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mononoke!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

K. Flaps posted:

Paranoia Agent. Trapeze.

Seen Paranoia Agent, it was easy to figure out

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Also, the episode where the guy has to take the tape of the newest Maromi episode to the station is probably the best single episode of an anime I've ever seen

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Smoking Crow posted:

Seen Paranoia Agent, it was easy to figure out

Trapeze then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Also, the episode where the guy has to take the tape of the newest Maromi episode to the station is probably the best single episode of an anime I've ever seen
i like the ep where the two guys and the girl are trying to kill themselves

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Smoking Crow posted:

Angels Egg.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Srice posted:

It's a sharply written show that's tackling a plot that a lot of anime would handle in a way that's much more convoluted or with an endless stream of infodumps. There are just so many factions at play and I love how they don't just stop the show for talking heads to explain to the audience what everyone's motivation is. Instead it's much more natural about it.

I respect shows that respect the viewer.

I can understand that, though I honestly find it kind of confusing myself. I just like an entirely different kind of show, I guess. I prefer more things happening. It's why I loved Kamen Rider Gaim so much but felt so let down with Drive being more formulaic, too.

Smoking Crow posted:

It's nothing like those two, but that description makes me think of Dead Leaves, which is really really good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

WickedHate posted:

I can understand that, though I honestly find it kind of confusing myself. I just like an entirely different kind of show, I guess. I prefer more things happening. It's why I loved Kamen Rider Gaim so much but felt so let down with Drive being more formulaic, too.

Lots of stuff has been happening with G-Reco each week! Like, aren't all those shows you named stuff with a lot of monster of the week? That doesn't sound too far off from G-Reco having a battle every week!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Lots of things are explained in Lain crow, you just have to rewatch it...a lot...to catch it all

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im still watching space dandy and guess what, its really good

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

the genius party shortfilms pack

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

im still watching space dandy and guess what, its really good

I hope that some day we'll see another project with the same sort of production behind it.

Letting a ton of creative people run wild was v good.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Srice posted:

Lots of stuff has been happening with G-Reco each week! Like, aren't all those shows you named stuff with a lot of monster of the week? That doesn't sound too far off from G-Reco having a battle every week!

Drive being monster of the week as opposed to Gaim not having that is why I don't like it(Drive). Kill la Kill also never got into Monster of the Week stuff after the second episode. It was constant plot advancement.

I seem to have the opposite tastes in live action shows, though. Stuff like Star Trek and The X-Files are better as monster of the week. Animated shows tend to be really boring when they get that way.

I usually love lots and lots of action, but even so, the action in G-Reco isn't dynemic or fast enough to really grab me most of the time.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I've been wanting to watch Paranoia Agent lately, anyone got a lead on a legal way to do that?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Drive being monster of the week as opposed to Gaim not having that is why I don't like it(Drive). Kill la Kill also never got into Monster of the Week stuff after the second episode. It was constant plot advancement.

I seem to have the opposite tastes in live action shows, though. Stuff like Star Trek and The X-Files are better as monster of the week. Animated shows tend to be really boring when they get that way.

I usually love lots and lots of action, but even so, the action in G-Reco isn't dynemic or fast enough to really grab me most of the time.

I feel like G-Reco's action has been consistently smart as well as doing a solid job at not becoming stale, but to each their own!

Senor Candle posted:

I've been wanting to watch Paranoia Agent lately, anyone got a lead on a legal way to do that?

It's not streaming anywhere and it's hella out of print, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you snoop around Youtube, you can find uploads of all of Paranoia Agent. On Halloween, I had a Synchtube with some goons from TVIV where we just watched the entire thing all the way through.

• Locked thread