Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

KakerMix posted:

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that Yum Brand restaurants will always be disgusting pockets of sadness based on working in so many of them. You can imagine what the combination restaurants were like.
Wait.

Is Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell an actual thing and not just a song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CSM posted:

Wait.

there's even combination pizza hut/taco bell/kfcs

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009
There were combo KFC/Taco Bell/Long John Silvers too before Long Johns split off from Yum.

I don't know if they ever went for the quadrifecta though.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It does look gross but I never get the over the top revulsion goons have to the double down stuff. If someone had had two fried chicken sandwiches, you'd think "oh they must be really hungry", but once you throw away the bread and use the chicken as the bun, it becomes "heart attack at 25, most disgusting thing i ever saw". Yeah a hotdog and a chicken patty is a bit much for lunch, even sans bread, but there are probably more calories/fat in a bigmac meal than that.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

It does look gross but I never get the over the top revulsion goons have to the double down stuff. If someone had had two fried chicken sandwiches, you'd think "oh they must be really hungry", but once you throw away the bread and use the chicken as the bun, it becomes "heart attack at 25, most disgusting thing i ever saw". Yeah a hotdog and a chicken patty is a bit much for lunch, even sans bread, but there are probably more calories/fat in a bigmac meal than that.

You just want all the bread for yourself, don't you

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

At least it's only in the Philippines...

for now.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Murphy Brownback posted:

This. I had a double down once and couldn't believe how over-hyped and small it was.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

beato posted:

I had a double down once.

:rip:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

CSM posted:

Wait.

KFC + Taco Bell + Pizza Hut = Kentucky Taco Hut.

You also can have:
Kentucky Fried Taco
Taco Hut
And Kentucky Fried Pizza

Yes they're real.

Yes, they're as terrible as you'd expect.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
In my hometown we had a KFC/A&W combo. Who goes to A&W anymore?

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Jmcrofts posted:

In my hometown we had a KFC/A&W combo. Who goes to A&W anymore?

People who love delicious root beer floats, that's who :colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For some reason A&W is huge in Canada.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Its because it has "A" in the name, eh?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Data Graham posted:

The reason is that it is delicious.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

A&W is expensive as gently caress for fast food but their burgers are decent, onion rings own, and hell yeah root beer float.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Pleads posted:

A&W is expensive as gently caress for fast food but their burgers are decent, onion rings own, and hell yeah root beer float.

yup. In small town Saskatchewan there's a few places that'll only have an A&W for a restaurant. And their onion rings own bones.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have to say I'm a sucker for the teen burger. And yeah, I love the onion rings.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I got this the day after a beer festival on the weekend. I've just about recovered from it now...

Chips, cheese, bacon, onions, spiced lamb, aioli, chipotle bbq sauce. An abomination.

e: And why not try the Vegemite stuffed crust pizza!

Yummo!

iRend has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Jan 27, 2015

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

iRend posted:

Yummo!

Seeing this, I have a question to American goons.

Do you guys have pizza with beans, or chochinita pibil? I hope you do....because over here we do and I don't want to be in a weird country. Pizza "a la mexicana" with frijoles rancheros. Pizza with cochinita pibil, and pizza with carne al pastor.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

iRend posted:

Yummo!

The commercial is excellent. Especially for someone who lives with two Marmite (the NZ variety) fanatics and can't stand the stuff.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Desperado Bones posted:

Do you guys have pizza with beans, or chochinita pibil? I hope you do....because over here we do and I don't want to be in a weird country. Pizza "a la mexicana" with frijoles rancheros. Pizza with cochinita pibil, and pizza with carne al pastor.

Pizza in every country outside of America is an abominable chimera of toppings because everyone figures that the Americans have probably done worse. You think beans are bad, you should see some of the stuff east Asia comes up with.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Desperado Bones posted:

Taco Bell technically has a Mexican pizza :v:

But actual answer, the pizzeria I like the best here does a Mexican pizza, which is basically beans instead of tomato, with cheese and chorizo as toppings. I think also jalapenos, but I think those get left out for sensitive stomachs. It's really good, but as expected, it hits the heart like a truck.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

GrandpaPants posted:

Taco Bell technically has a Mexican pizza :v:

But actual answer, the pizzeria I like the best here does a Mexican pizza, which is basically beans instead of tomato, with cheese and chorizo as toppings. I think also jalapenos, but I think those get left out for sensitive stomachs. It's really good, but as expected, it hits the heart like a truck.

From my experience in Australia, 'Americano pizza' is pepperoni and cheese and 'Mexicano pizza' is that but with capsicum added (not chillis or jalapenos but slices of capsicum).

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Here's my issue with tripe and liver and some other internal organ meats: one of the best things about cooking is that it makes your house smell loving awesome. I could do something as simple as pan sear myself up a steak or make some fried rice and have my joint smelling kickass for hours, or go over the top and make some food with a lot of spices and have it smelling good for literal days. Stuff like liver and tripe, while they can be tasty when cooked right, have the opposite effect. I REALLY don't want to live in a joint that smells like an abattoir/outhouse.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

cyberia posted:

From my experience in Australia, 'Americano pizza' is pepperoni and cheese and 'Mexicano pizza' is that but with capsicum added (not chillis or jalapenos but slices of capsicum).

In Australia do you call bell peppers "capsicum"? I had never heard that.

For content, I tried part of a double down once. It wasn't bad, it was just disappointing. If I'm going to eat something that ridiculously over the top, I want it to taste amazing, not just okay.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Man, I wish we did. Dunno about the frijoles. The last two sound amazing though.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

AnonSpore posted:

Pizza in every country outside of America is an abominable chimera of toppings because everyone figures that the Americans have probably done worse. You think beans are bad, you should see some of the stuff east Asia comes up with.

I think we have a pizza called "Marinera" or sometimes "Neptuno", or whatever silly name the pizza place comes with it. They, of course, have whatever seafood you can throw on it. The tuna pizza isn't very tasty,I must say.

Mexican Domino's version of Mexican pizzas:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
There's a really good version of a Taco Pizza at Aurelio's in the Chicagoland area. It's seasoned ground beef topped with cheddar cheese, black olive, tomato, lettuce & mild ortegas. It comes with sour cream and salsa. All the vegetables and stuff go on after it's cooked so it has a really interesting mix of hot/cold.

iRend posted:

I got this the day after a beer festival on the weekend. I've just about recovered from it now...

Chips, cheese, bacon, onions, spiced lamb, aioli, chipotle bbq sauce. An abomination.

You were a failure on the first image. That poo poo looks delicious. You redeemed yourself with the second one, though.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

EZipperelli posted:

Kentucky Fried Taco

Kentaco. :colbert:

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
A double Down is basically just a trashy chicken cordon bleu, if you think about it

KFC have finally created the true horror

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Not My Leg posted:

In Australia do you call bell peppers "capsicum"? I had never heard that.

Yep, you can get red or green capsicum (big bell pepper things), and red or green chillis (long, thin chillis, maybe spicy but probably don't have a lot of heat in them) at most greengrocers as well as banana peppers, birdseye chillis and jalapeños at fancier stores.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Completely outside the scope of the thread, because it's amazing, but in the US (or at least in Houston) there's a place called Bombay Pizza, which does Indian pizza toppings. So while we have done some weird stuff, it can also be amazing.

http://www.bombaypizzaco.com/

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

twoday posted:

"burrito filled with thanksgiving leftovers and wrapped in skin"

this is from a whole bunch of pages ago but i needed to say that i sometimes find myself dreaming about this in the lonely hours of the late night

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It sounds delicious but awful for you. Especially if they crisp the skin around the outside.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

nucleicmaxid posted:

It sounds delicious but awful for you. Especially if they crisp the skin around the outside.

I'm a soft shell skin taco man too. 'Sup buddy. :hfive:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

nucleicmaxid posted:

They better crisp that skin. I don't want chewy skin on my thanksgiving roulade.

Desperado Bones posted:

RE:Pizza Chat, no, no beans(in normal stores). As far as the other meats, you can find stores with pulled pork on pizzas or sliced meat(i'm guessing c.a.p. is like the meat you get on gyros? or at a brazilian steakhouse?), but for beans, you'd have to go to much more niche stores.

Seriously, beans on a pizza? Not in my america. :911:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

iRend posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, I need this inside me right now.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lol if you don't put Bonox in the pizza crust you entry level scrubs

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

ninjahedgehog posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, I need this inside me right now.

http://www.theburgercompany.com.au/TheBurgerCompanyMenu_20141007.pdf

Take your pick. Yes they have a $40 burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

nucleicmaxid posted:

Completely outside the scope of the thread, because it's amazing, but in the US (or at least in Houston) there's a place called Bombay Pizza, which does Indian pizza toppings. So while we have done some weird stuff, it can also be amazing.

http://www.bombaypizzaco.com/
Here in SE MI, too!

http://www.curryoncrust.com/

I've never tried it, though; there's too good of a Japanese restaurant in that same town for me to pass that up after making the hour-long drive. Also, I'd have to ask them to hold the bell peppers on apparently everything. :saddowns:

Gross food picture for content:

Probably delicious--grilled chicken, balsamic-glazed red onions, and goat cheese--but oof, that picture.

• Locked thread