Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

TheMaestroso posted:

I couldn't last through fifteen seconds of this guy. Holy hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m1OBIIZWlM A better video of the same game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Thanks muchly.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

RatHat posted:

Er, no? If you're a first time player the most you can do is hit every chest you see(though this does trivialize them). You're not gonna know the locations of them or the small visual difference.

It's a fair point that the mod isn't for first time players though so it doesn't really matter.

The shape of their chains and the fact that you can see them breathing (and flashing their giant teeth) even when they're inactive are pretty big giveaways. :shrug:

Or you get the aggression mod and have them follow you like puppies, whichever.

Kimmalah has a new favorite as of 07:05 on Jan 26, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kimmalah posted:

The shape of their chains and the fact that you can see them breathing (and flashing their giant teeth) even when they're inactive are pretty big giveaways. :shrug:

Those are very small differences and the majority of players would not notice them if they didn't know what to look for.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

RatHat posted:

Unfortunately it also makes mimics(and other ambush enemies) completely obvious.

Oh, so THAT'S what was happening. I was wondering why it was just...standing there.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

It's the loving best when the physics engine is just sloppy enough to gently caress up like this, but still stable enough to roll with it.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Jan 26, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CJacobs posted:

It's a Cheat Engine script/mod that makes every non-boss enemy in the game have infinite aggro radius and unlimited pathfinding, so they will chase you all over the god drat world to hunt you down if they have to. Unsurprisingly it makes the game way way harder.

I think I need a link to this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/70-dark-souls-aggressive-mod/

There's also this, which involuntarily switches your weapon to some other random weapon every 7 seconds. I haven't tried it out but I might.

http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1r8p37/new_weapon_every_7_seconds_random_weapon_script/

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I was gonna say, Lowtax should do a video of this game. Too bad he didn't do a longer one.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

So does that weird noise... mean something? Or did someone just yell gibberish into the mic and record it?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
PLEASE

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I tried using the CE file and my game basically crashed upon loading a save. Am I correct in assuming that the executable is the option that doesn't require unpatching the game? The page isn't exactly clear on that.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantGleefulGemsbuck.gif
Edit: fine heres a link people with your lovely internet and our forums inability to use webms.

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 05:32 on Jan 27, 2015

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Oh sweet, a 144 megabyte gif.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was wondering why my browser ground to a halt while I scrolled down the page.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Well this was a good page in the glitch thread while it lasted, see yall in the next one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
poo poo like this is why I have uBlock. So I never have to deal with some loving idiot posting a 1920x1200 gif.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Haruharuharuko posted:

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantGleefulGemsbuck.gif
Edit: fine heres a link people with your lovely internet and our forums inability to use webms.

I also wish the forums had webm capability because they are becoming more common nowadays but drat dude you posted a 140 megabyte gif you have lost all rights to make fun of peoples' internet connection, they can't read it anyway because you just crashed all of their browsers

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Haruharuharuko posted:

My internet can download a 140 megabyte file in less than a second but that doesn't mean it won't lock up every modern web browser.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

My internet can download a 140 megabyte file in less than a second but that doesn't mean it won't lock up every modern web browser.

I'm using Iron, so it's fine, but that .gif is not worth the size. Why wouldn't you just link a youtube video for something like that?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also why would you not post the significantly smaller and more efficient gfy version

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

More Crusader Kings:

...should I be scared?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Probably.

Comedy Answer: He had a heart attack and died while composing the letter (Yaaay!)

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Lizard Wizard posted:

The mod does actually seem to affect at least some bosses, judging from the fact that Ceaseless Discharge immediately aggros on them in one of those LP videos (to the point of attacking them through the fog gate). They've also gotten a lot of weird behavior from bosses, like moves they've never seen before despite being on NG +7, which may just be luck or may be the mod making the bosses crazy.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

GTAV acting like it does
http://zippy.gfycat.com/GraySkeletalHanumanmonkey.webm

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
From 1920x1080 and 144MB to 490x276 and 4.9MB:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

From 1920x1080 and 144MB to 490x276 and 4.9MB:

It's missing the part where that guy waders around with his head on backwards. Happens every time I would go onto the ship.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Last episode of the breaking madden season is up :smith:

e: if nothing else, at least watch the conclusion video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo-f6SMERkk

fits has a new favorite as of 07:36 on Jan 28, 2015

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Lizard Wizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp6enQY33hg Aggression mod highlight reel. Probably one of my favorite DS videos, but not really specifically "glitches," so, sorry in advance.

Zombies magazine has a new favorite as of 07:23 on Jan 28, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

The rant that precedes the video is, um, interesting. I know this isn't the thread to ask, so if anyone here knows somewhere I can get an executive summary of all the horrible the NFL's been up to that he's reacting to (I don't follow football, y'see), shoot me a link and we can get back to game glitches.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This writer is incredible.

quote:

After a little over 30 minutes, he was still standing there, refusing to play. This is what I choose to perceive as the consequence of setting players' Awareness ratings to 99. Their awareness extends beyond football. They have achieved sentience. They know that they are little artificial intelligences, incubating in a plastic box. They know what is happening, and they know it is bad. They understand what the oblivious Seahawks do not.

This was a nonviolent protest.

I know when the game is trying to tell me something. Ethically speaking, I had no choice but to end the game, and end what I assumed to be the Patriots' existential suffering.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This writer is incredible.

jon bois has been amazing for years and i really wish he just had one place where he posted links to everything he ever writes

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

flatluigi posted:

jon bois has been amazing for years and i really wish he just had one place where he posted links to everything he ever writes

I'm about to blow your loving mind man

https://twitter.com/jon_bois

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I am still baffled by the fact that Breaking Madden only gets better. I didn't think he could top the Superbowl from last year but my god.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Death of Basketball is probably the funniest thing he's ever written, and it's definitely the funniest thing I've ever read.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Babe Magnet posted:

Death of Basketball is probably the funniest thing he's ever written, and it's definitely the funniest thing I've ever read.

This is absolutely true. I go back to read it again from time to time, and it's never not made me laugh like a crazy man.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
All is lost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jon bois loves him some GY!BE and sure as hell knows how to use it effectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

FredMSloniker posted:

The rant that precedes the video is, um, interesting. I know this isn't the thread to ask, so if anyone here knows somewhere I can get an executive summary of all the horrible the NFL's been up to that he's reacting to (I don't follow football, y'see), shoot me a link and we can get back to game glitches.

Where to begin?

I think this comic provides a nice summary of the NFL's sins, both this year and in general: http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/marshawn-vs-the-nfl/