Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Decided to stop giving a poo poo about my k/d and go with stupid classes that I enjoy playing. Since I got the RW1 Rail Driver elite variant along with the Ameli Whalehorn which helps the hip firing for it tremendously, I decided to test them out and they're both way too fun to use.

RW1 with stealth exo ability is hilarious to just suprise people with a 1 shot kill, the Whalehorn + laser sight and Gung-Ho is p.much playing like you're rambo along with constantly firing bullets while running around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Is this Havoc DLC supposed to take a million minutes to download and install on the bone?

Edit: Took ages ultimately. Urban is like a terrible map.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 27, 2015

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

We just got up to round 26 on exo zombies.

Notes:
*Everything is exactly the same as treyarch zombies except renamed.
*Cauterizer shotgun is leagues ahead of every other weapon. It's amazing.
*Upgrade 7 is stock and 10 is ex mags. Nothing felt special about max weapon level 20. It's just incremental damage.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Clown map owns.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The "big" weapon patch adjusted a whopping four guns, one of which didn't need a buff, the HBRa3. Here's the details:

•HBRa3: max damage range increased
•AE4: reduce recoil, increase number of shots before overheating
•EPM3: reduce recoil
•Tac-19: max damage range increased, reduced spread when using Gung-Ho

So the HBRa3 will become the new BAL, and the Tac-19 will suck slightly less now.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the new maps have a lot of campsites...they definitely don't play as fast (except Urban, which is REAL fast and tiny)

sba fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 27, 2015

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Mill Village posted:

•HBRa3: max damage range increased

The HBR Average Joe is already a god drat beast, so :getin: I guess?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Can anyone tell me if the new maps were instantly available in the regular rotation?

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Wazzit posted:

The HBR Average Joe is already a god drat beast, so :getin: I guess?

i use the Hebrew- cowboy.. poo poo was awesome before.

anyways.. anyone wanna zombie up? I'm on now.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I'm on to zombie.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Did they add anything new for multi that comes from zombies, like the zombie stuff from exo survival?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Gordon Shumway posted:

Can anyone tell me if the new maps were instantly available in the regular rotation?

separate playlist

TDM and Mosh Pit

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

sba posted:

separate playlist

TDM and Mosh Pit

So much for buying the DLC, then. I'm not paying for maps I will barely ever play.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Does the DLC automatically download if my XBONE is powered on, or do I have to load the game and wait for a prompt to tell me that new DLC is available?

It does not automatically download nor update until I manually navigate to the game.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 28, 2015

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

downloading maps now.. want to zomb..mans

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
If I were to buy the season pass it would be just for Zombies, however I will await the report which Spoon will undoubtedly post soon before making a commitment like that.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If I were to buy the season pass it would be just for Zombies, however I will await the report which Spoon will undoubtedly post soon before making a commitment like that.

played the first 5 rounds solo.. seems pretty fun, although there are no re-buildable windows so you cant sit there and farm points.. but the points come easily enough

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

but the points come easily enough

Especially if you get a Double Points Multiplier on top of an Insta-Kill Hyper Damage so you can knife Exo Melee enough to roll the box a bunch activate the 3D printer.

Just watch out for those Hellhounds EMP Dogs!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Oh for gently caress sakes.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Oh, is Michael Condrey what Robert Bowling changed his name to for this iteration of the franchise?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
just played the dlc. it's pretty decent. took some high-res screenshots with the hud off

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i don't get it

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

EXO ZOMBIES

Everything is nearly the same as Treyarch zombies, but with a different name. Below are some notes off the top of my head.

Credits (exactly the same as points)
10 for a hit
60 for a kill
100 for a headshot kill
130 for a melee kill

Maximizing credits early on (nearly the same)
Round 1: 4 pistol shots plus melee kill per zombie
Round 2: 6 pistol then melee
Round 3: 8 pistol then melee
Note: The health scaling is a little lower per round than Treyarch (4, 8, then 12 pistol + melee)

Powerups (all but one is exactly the same)
Full Reload = Max Ammo
Multiplier = Double Points
DNA Bomb = Nuke
Hyper-Damage = Instakill
Power Surge = Firesale (all 3D printers are turned on and cost only 10 credits to roll)
Security <> Carpenter (Since there are no boards on windows, Security instead activates all traps on the map)

Perks (same and new)
Exo Health = Juggernaut
Exo Reload = Speed Cola
Exo Medic = Quick Revive (Multiplayer it lets you revive teammates quicker; single player it gives you up to 3 self revives. Just like always)
Exo Slam is new. It let’s you do a boost slam that can still instakill zombies in higher rounds. The cooldown is indicated on the perk icon it the lower right of your HUD.
Exo Soldier is new. It definitely gives you Gung Ho so that you can shoot while sprinting. It may give other agility perks as well.
Note: In order to buy a perk, you must have an exo suit (except for self revive on single player)

Map details (similar layout and features)
Starting Room: You start in the same spot in the same room every game with just a pistol and frags. This room has two guns (Bulldog and Mk14) and Exo Medic. There are two doors that can be opened for 750 credits.
Left Path: It costs a total of 3000 credits to reach the Exo room (three doors at 750 + 1000 + 1250). The first room on the left has Exo Boost, some SMG, and an inactive 3D printer. The next room has Exo Health, Exo Soldier, the Upgrade Station, a Tac-19, contact grenades (buy immediately), and an inactive 3D printer. The next room is the Exo room.
Right Path: It also costs a total of 3000 credits to reach the Exo room. The first room has an SMG, a trash chute that leads to the exo room (does not make sense physically), an upgrade station, and a Decontamination Zone. The next room has an ACTIVE 3D printer in the hallway, another inactive 3D printer in the main room, a Hebrew, and Exo Reload. The next room is the Exo room. The active 3D printer hallway also has a door that connects to the first left path room for 1000 credits (don't open it).
The Exo room has an ARX, explosive drones (grenade replacement), an inactive 3D printer, and the exo suits. Getting to the exo room should be your top priority since it enables exo dodge and your ability to buy perks.
Note: Every room has its own power generator. You simply need to find the generator and hit X to turn it on. Power generators are required before you can use perk/printer/upgrade/exo machines and they stay on indefinitely once you turn them on the first time.

3D Printer (exactly the same as the random box)
The 3D printer can only be active in one room at a time (unless the lightning powerup is active).
It always starts in the same room every game.
It costs 1000 credits to roll and will give you a random weapon that you can choose to pick up or just let expire.
After you roll it a few times (likely 8 like treyarch), the box will move to another location. From there it is random how many rolls it takes to move the printer again.
The 3D printer contains many guns that are not available as static wall guns, two special grenade types, and (at least) one special gun.
-The special gun is the CEL-3 Cauterizer. It’s a shotgun that has a ton of damage and ammo. It’s by far the best gun in exo zombies and the best shotgun in any zombies game. I was still one-shotting zombies in round 26 and I never ran out of ammo. This is a super weapon can be acquired by everyone in a game just like the raygun from past zombies games.
-The first special grenade is the Distraction Drone. It’s just a monkey bomb, but deploys very quickly. You can hold a maximum of two and they are replenished with Full Reload power-ups. They may or may not have the monkey bomb mechanic of automatically replenishing every 4 rounds, but you will typically get a Full Reload before that can even happen.
-The second special grenade is the Nano Swarm. It occupies the same slot as the Distraction Drone, so you have to choose one or the other. It acts just like the Nano Swarm module for Missile Strike in that it creates a DoT sphere that hurts and slows zombies as they walk through. It can be effectively used defensively to revive a teammate or offensively to thin out a herd.

Upgrade Station (a different take on Pack-A-Punch)
The Upgrade Station can be used to incrementally improve your weapons up to level 20. There are two Upgrade stations on the map that can be found in the rooms before the Exo room on both sides (Exo Speed room has one and Exo Health/Soldier room has the other). Each upgrade level costs 2500 credits and will improve the damage of the gun slightly. Each gun has specific attachments that are unlocked at specific upgrade levels. For example, the CEL-3 Cauterizer and SAC get extended mags at level 10. Upgrading a gun will also replenish your ammo for that gun only. Because of this, you have to balance maxing the level on your primary gun vs replenishing the ammo of your secondary gun. If you don’t have at least one max level gun come round 25, you’re in trouble.

Special Rounds (same and new)
Dog round: You get a dog round every few rounds that is announced as it begins. It’s just like the old dog rounds except these dogs can contain effects like EMP, toxic, or frenzied (just like zombie effects). The last dog that you kill on this round will always drop a Full Reload.
Infection Round: You get an infection round every few rounds that is announced as it begins. There are special infectious zombies among the other zombie types. If one of these infectious zombies hits you, you are infected. Once infected, you have 60 seconds to cleanse the infection or you die. The first room to the right of the starting room has a Decontamination Zone that costs 250 credits and will clear the infection of any player that is in that circle. It will also kill infectious zombies and apply a short duration cloak to all cleansed players. The last zombie you kill on this round will always drop a Full Reload.

Zombie Effects (new)
Zombies start out as all plain and slow. As you progress in rounds, a higher percentage of these zombies will have exo suits. Exo zombies are very dangerous because they can boost dodge forward to attack you and they seem to have more HP than regular zombies. As you progress further, these exo suit zombies gain various effects.
-EMP: these zombies will generate a short radius EMP effect that will disable your exo movements and scramble your HUD. This happens only when they hit you OR when they are near you and you use an exo dodge. Avoid using dodge when they are near you and you will get EMPed less! You can still Boost Slam them as long as you are careful about spacing.
-Toxic: these zombies explode if you get near them. Shoot them first and they will take out other zombies nearby.
-Frenzied: These zombies are glowing red and tend to just be a lot more aggressive than other zombies.

Supply Drops (new)
Every once in a while, a supply drop will fall in the form of an orbital care package. With 1-3 players, they tend to drop one at a time. With 4 players, they often drop in pairs. Supply drops will only land in either the starting courtyard or the Exo room. You can see their symbol through the map. Supply drops include:
-Assault drone (can be machine gun or a rocket drone)
-Sentry gun (can be bullets, rockets, or laser)
-Credits (I have seen the reward randomly range from 100 to 2500 credits)
-Cloak (makes you invisible to zombies for the duration. Probably somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds)
Note: You can store up to three of the non-credit supply drops and cycle between them with dpad up and down.

Other Features (same and new)
Credit Machines: There are several wall-mounted credit machines that get turned on when you power generate a room. Sometimes they will light up green, but most of the time they are red. When they are green, you can hit X to redeem 100 credits. They have a long cooldown before they turn green again.
Security Consoles: These are the traps of the old zombies. They turn on lasers in hallways and turn doors into traps that slam on passing zombies. They cost 500 credits and look pretty similar to a green credit machine, so read carefully before you blow your money! They are typically not worth it.
Trash Chutes: These act as teleporters. One leads from the Decontamination room to the Exo room while the other leads from the Exo room to the starting area. It costs 100 to use the first time, 500 the second, and 2000 from then on. The cost reset back to 100 after each round.

Going Down (same but different)
It takes many more hits from zombies to take you down in this one. Once you do go down, the following happens:
-You have 30 seconds to get revived or you bleed out. There is actually a HUD timer that your teammates can see.
-While down, you cannot use anything except for a pistol. LB and RB are disabled and so are scorestreaks. If you do not have a pistol, you will pull out the default pistol. If you have any gun considered a pistol, you will have that gun out. Yes, the Cauterizer shotgun is the exception to this rule.
-You can butt scoot while down
-The longer you bleed out, the more perks you lose. So far I’ve seen 0, 1, and 2 perks lost per down depending possibly on how long you’re down.
-If the 30 seconds expire, you bleed out and you’re done for that round. Your teammates cannot revive you. If your teammates complete the round you died on, you are revived at the beginning of next round with nothing but the starting pistol and your credits.
-You respawning the next round is the same as it ever was, but it sucks even more now because you also do not have an exo suit so you cannot buy perks until you grab one.
-There is a NEW feature for respawning the next round! There is a green RIP powerup that is dropped where you died the previous round. At the start of your respawn round, you have 30 seconds to run to your death spot and grab the RIP powerup. It gives you one of the guns that you had before you bleed out. We'll need to test this further to figure out if it's always the gun with the higher upgrade or if it's always the gun you have active when you go down. Make running to this powerup your first priority and getting an exo suit your second priority (unless you spawn much closer to Exo than your tombstone).

Next up will be strategies. I’ll also answer any questions on the topic.
Feel free to correct me since this is all just a memory dump this morning from the games I played yesterday. I didn’t bother to actually take notes while playing or even proofread this.

edit:
1/28 corrected some names and details
1/30 updated cauterizer, nano swarm, trash chute, and death respawn info
1/31 updated map details

Spoon Man fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 31, 2015

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Did you find the Flight of the Valkyries song?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mill Village posted:

Did you find the Flight of the Valkyries song?

It was basically impossible to prevent KNR from triggering it.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Is there some kind of weapon (i.e. the Sliquifier) that KNR can use to down us?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for the write-up Spoon. Most important question: was it fun?
I couldn't get enough of the older Zombies games once I got the hang of it. Do any of the old kiting techniques still carry over, or do you have to know the map well to get a strategy in motion?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

It's pretty much just classic zombies with exo suits, so it's definitely fun. Typical kiting works really well in the starting area exo jumping over the trailer to keep the zombies nice and tight. The difference is that, once they are all piled up, you can wipe them out with a single grenade or boost slam. I cannot stress enough how great contact grenades are in this one. They can even be used to clear you out of a corner when you've been trapped by a herd since you take no splash damage and it kills anything in one hit.

As for KNR downing, nothing short of him herding a pack into you or turning on a trap while you stand in the lasers for several seconds will allow him to down you. There is no place to fall, no teleporting, and no weapon that affects other players.

On Monday, we played Five in Blops1 and KNR managed to down Saxon and himself by going through two different teleporters at the same time and winding up materializing in the same destination.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Ironically, this is a step in the Outbreak EE (simultaneous trash-chuting)

KNR is a visionary.

e: BTW, the Nano-Swarm alternative to the Distraction Drone forms a hemisphere for 20 seconds that kills zombies that enter it. (I don't know if it loses this effect when health becomes absurd)

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 28, 2015

GauchoNaut2085
Oct 23, 2010
I have some random thoughts on zombies as well .

The Cauterizer is not one per map, some randoms and I had three going at one point.

The 3D printer is not random, if you know the order that the pictures of the guns pop up in then you can pick what you want with good reflexes.

If you are sitting on a lot of money and want to buy exo perks, try to buy Health and Reload first as when you are downed you start losing perks and those two are the most expensive and handy.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

GauchoNaut2085 posted:

I have some random thoughts on zombies as well .

The Cauterizer is not one per map, some randoms and I had three going at one point.

The 3D printer is not random, if you know the order that the pictures of the guns pop up in then you can pick what you want with good reflexes.

If you are sitting on a lot of money and want to buy exo perks, try to buy Health and Reload first as when you are downed you start losing perks and those two are the most expensive and handy.

That's great news about the Cauterizer. We just haven't been lucky enough to see more than one yet.

That was my first impression of the 3D printer. Sometimes it felt like I was choosing the gun based on when I hit X as it scrolled, sometimes it seemed to change. I'll have to test more. It's either:
A) completely random and we're experiencing confirmation bias
B) completely reflex based and maybe lag can sometimes give you delayed results
C) it could give you a high chance of getting the gun shown but sometimes give a random gun

That's good advice. It appears that the longer you sit there bleeding out, the more perks you lose. The sooner you buy Exo Health, the more likely you'll keep it after getting revived. You can also get revived quickly and lose no perks.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Do you automatically draw a pistol in "last stand" while waiting to be revived? Can you use grenades or your primary at all?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I have two small final questions - How smart is the Zombie AI? Are you in danger of a Zombie jump-dashing over a horde and attacking you?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I have two small final questions - How smart is the Zombie AI? Are you in danger of a Zombie jump-dashing over a horde and attacking you?

Oh god yes.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Are you in danger of a Zombie jump-dashing over a horde and attacking you?

Crawlers with exos will jump-dash you.

Jake Blues posted:

Can you use grenades or your primary at all?

Grenades, no, but the Cauterizer counts as a pistol!

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Jake Blues posted:

Do you automatically draw a pistol in "last stand" while waiting to be revived? Can you use grenades or your primary at all?

Added a section called "Going Down"

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

online now if anyone wants to do DLC or Zombies stuff

*edit: also while playing with KNR, call things by thier old names, "Max Ammo, Nuke, Jugg, etc" He TOTALLY wont try correcting you every time you say it.

*edit2: Sorry Spoon.. i found batteries, but then lost communications with the controller.. and now i guess xbl is getting DDoS'ed or something cause it wont let me log back in.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 29, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Is it just me, or is the multiplayer in this game more reliant on teamwork than ever before?

I swear, you need at least four goons or more to even have a chance anymore.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That's because of the skill-based matchmaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I hate that poo poo

So how are the new MP maps? Don't have to worry about no one having the DLC since no one plays, heh

• Locked thread