Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kin posted:

Is it a set skill you get on the weapon or is it a random "ultimate" power?

Set skill, sets base attack to... I think 300. It comes out to "30 more than a third-tier weapon with that many stars" so if you really like the look of a first or second-tier weapon and don't mind not having slots, it's useful. Otherwise it's rather meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Well, bought this digitally last night. It was finally downloaded and ready to roll today. I just lost 2 hours of my life :) What a fantastic game. Very, very well made. I love the Dynasty Warriors games, and this is right up my alley.

I'm assuming I should just "beat" the story mode, and then work on the others?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Siochain posted:

Well, bought this digitally last night. It was finally downloaded and ready to roll today. I just lost 2 hours of my life :) What a fantastic game. Very, very well made. I love the Dynasty Warriors games, and this is right up my alley.

I'm assuming I should just "beat" the story mode, and then work on the others?

Yeah, probably the best idea, since you need to clear the midgame to unlock areas of the Adventure map near where you start and the whole thing for the outer edges.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Also, beating Legends stages unlocks all the Items and a small handful of extra weapons, so might as well get all that first.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Definitely go through Legend mode first. You can peek into Adventure mode if you want, but don't be at all surprised if you run into stuff there you aren't ready to handle.

Also, I just got a 585 KO streak on Wizzro's level 3 weapon stage. This is beautiful :getin:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

god dammit I want Tingle right now

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

About halfway through Legends, I think the first half of the timesplit, I fooled around with Adventure mode, and the extra level/loot grinding really came in handy.

Not that the rest of Adventures was that difficult, but swatting through hordes was more fun with that little boost.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
This game has done something to my brain. I've never played a Warriors game before, but instead of sleeping, I'm saying "one more network Link couldn't hurt," "nothing wrong with unlocking this last skill," etc., and pretty soon it's like three hours later and I don't know what happened.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm debating on spoiling Tingle's and Y.Link's moveset for myself this Thursday.

Why the hell is it delayed in the west?!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm debating on spoiling Tingle's and Y.Link's moveset for myself this Thursday.

Why the hell is it delayed in the west?!

It's only delayed in America because Americans need an extra week to brace themselves for Tingle.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's only delayed in America because Americans need an extra week to brace themselves for Tingle.

I don't. I am ready for Tingle now. I have been ready for Tingle for a long time.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
NNID: JiangJunJie

Really need those Network Links.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ElegantFugue posted:

Also, I just got a 585 KO streak on Wizzro's level 3 weapon stage. This is beautiful :getin:

I just managed to hit over 3000 with Ganondorf on the levelling KOs map, but it was on screen for all of a nanosecond before the counter disappeared because the map ended, and I missed the screenshot. :negative:

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 28, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Who wants to see Young Link and Tingle stuff earlier?
Young Link:
All his weapon tiers are for the Fierce Deity form. Some stuff ripped showing off the weapons and FD having a bad day

Tingle:
All his weapons are Balloons. Tier 3 is rupeeland. Tongle

Alt Costumes in the MM pack -
Agitha - Don Gero's Mask
Cia - Majora's Mask
Darunia - Goron Mask
Volga - Giant's Mask
Fi - Stone Mask
Ganondorf - Odolwa's Remains
Ghirahim - Kamaro's Mask
Impa - Mask of Truth
Link - Fierce Deity's Mask
Midna - A wooden shield
Wizzro - Captain's Hat
Ruto - Zora Mask
Sheik - Kafei's Mask
Lana - Deku Mask
Zant - Circus Leader's Mask
Zelda - Bunny Hood

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Who wants to see Young Link and Tingle stuff earlier?
Young Link:
All his weapon tiers are for the Fierce Deity form. Some stuff ripped showing off the weapons and FD having a bad day

Tingle:
All his weapons are Balloons. Tier 3 is rupeeland. Tongle

Alt Costumes in the MM pack -
Agitha - Don Gero's Mask
Cia - Majora's Mask
Darunia - Goron Mask
Volga - Giant's Mask
Fi - Stone Mask
Ganondorf - Odolwa's Remains
Ghirahim - Kamaro's Mask
Impa - Mask of Truth
Link - Fierce Deity's Mask
Midna - A wooden shield
Wizzro - Captain's Hat
Ruto - Zora Mask
Sheik - Kafei's Mask
Lana - Deku Mask
Zant - Circus Leader's Mask
Zelda - Bunny Hood

Tingle's level 3 weapon is horrifying and amazing. Also all those masks are fairly appropriate, though I'd have swapped Zelda's and Zant's if it were up to me.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

Tingle's level 3 weapon is horrifying and amazing. Also all those masks are fairly appropriate, though I'd have swapped Zelda's and Zant's if it were up to me.

you crazy, Zelda's is perfect.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Those all sound about right but;

quote:

Midna - A wooden shield

:confused:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Internet Kraken posted:

Those all sound about right but;

:confused:

It's a reference to a brief joke at the beginning of Twilight Princess, where Midna puts Link's wooden shield on her face when you get it back after being turned into a wolf.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

What's the point of giving Ruto a Zora mask and Darunia a Goron mask? :confused: Why not reverse them or something?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Giving Fi the mask that makes people not notice you're there is all kinds of hilarious, I sure wish that had been an option in Skyward Sword :v:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ugh. I want all of those costumes. Too bad I still have the Master Quest and TP maps to go through...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ugh. I want all of those costumes. Too bad I still have the Master Quest and TP maps to go through...

You don't have to

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

mabels big day posted:

You don't have to

The hell you don't. The TP map practically requires you to be above level 100 to be at a reasonable difficulty level, and the level cap goes up again for the MM patch.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
by the time we have all the DLC for this game the level cap will be like 800.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

ElegantFugue posted:

What's the point of giving Ruto a Zora mask and Darunia a Goron mask? :confused: Why not reverse them or something?

My guess (or at least hope) is that they're actually Goron Link and Zora Link costumes for those characters - much like the FD mask is actually an FD costume

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

My guess (or at least hope) is that they're actually Goron Link and Zora Link costumes for those characters - much like the FD mask is actually an FD costume

nah it just slaps the masks on their faces

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I recently started playing again after finishing all the story mode stuff on release. I'm slowly working my way through the first adventure mode map to get the weapons and T2/3 unlocks. Can I just jump into the master mode. twilight map to grab the weapons and costumers, or do they both assume you've already cleared the first map at least, if not achieved all As?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Master Quest isn't much harder than Adventure but Twilight absolutely expects you to have cleared both Adventure and MQ beforehand. You should clear them in order of release, and I'd expect the Termina map to follow that pattern too.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
If you go through Adventure first, Master Quest is actually a bit easier I thought. All of your guys should be at a respectable level with at least a basic level 3 weapon so there's not as much pressure to grind. Also none of Cia n' Friends' weapon missions are anywhere near as hard as some of the ones you have to do in the first Adventure Map. Some of the 8-bit missions are pretty tough I guess.

I am really not looking forward to the Twilight Map. Anybody have any general tips? I'm probably going to finish off Master Quest today.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

THE loving MOON posted:

I am really not looking forward to the Twilight Map. Anybody have any general tips? I'm probably going to finish off Master Quest today.

Item boost potions. Light arrows stunlock whatever they hit if you dodge-cancel and fire repeatedly. On maps where you can't afford to be hit, just stunlock anything remotely dangerous.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

THE loving MOON posted:

Its really not bad at all unless you're trying to A rank every mission for some reason.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Excels posted:

nah it just slaps the masks on their faces

Not quite. Here's Link's mask being used.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

FHGHGH WHAT

sorry i had kind of a spasm when i realized i could actually play as feirce deity permanently

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Item boost potions. Light arrows stunlock whatever they hit if you dodge-cancel and fire repeatedly. On maps where you can't afford to be hit, just stunlock anything remotely dangerous.

Awesome, thanks. I don't think I've ever used the apothecary, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

Internet Kraken posted:

Its really not bad at all unless you're trying to A rank every mission for some reason.

God no, I didn't even A-rank everything on the regular Adventure map and Master Quest. I only A-rank what I have to to make progress, or to get a weapon/costume.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Couple more things, there are 3 songs on the new adventure map

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Not hard to guess what they are. Also footage of Impa's alt costume in use:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That's the best Ghirahim drawing ever.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

RyokoTK posted:

That's the best Ghirahim drawing ever.

There has to be a Ghirahim on a wrecking ball picture out there somewhere.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hello. I have never played a Dynasty Warriors. Should I use Warriors or Zelda controls?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Hello. I have never played a Dynasty Warriors. Should I use Warriors or Zelda controls?

Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

alcharagia posted:

Use whatever sounds good to you and adapt.

• Locked thread