Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here someone take this NA Monster Hunter 4 Demo Code I just got off my hands: A0709PDJ31L0C1UJ

I'd have given both away but I guess the demo deserves a final chance to convince me the series isn't just not for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ooh I'll join the party. I've never played Monster Hunter myself so hope someone enjoys these!

A074P0D920WBA3RL
A070BYBM2413BD1L

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kirios posted:

I don't have a 3DS until the New 3DS comes out and I still bought Link Between Worlds and Kid Icarus Uprising. How dumb am I?

That's smart moves (TM)

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Minidust posted:

Ooh I'll join the party. I've never played Monster Hunter myself so hope someone enjoys these!

A074P0D920WBA3RL
A070BYBM2413BD1L

I grabbed the top one, thanks!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Update for those of you with a JP Club Nintendo account - they've added a bunch more prizes:

4000yen eShop card - 800 points

3DS VC

Alleyway - 60 points
Balloon Fight GB (JP-only GBC port of Balloon Kid) - 120 points
Ice Climber - 100 points
Metroid - 100 points
Super Mario Land - 80 points
The Legend of Zelda - 100 points
Nazo no Murasamejou / The Mysterious Murasame Castle - 120 points
Trade & Battle: Card Hero - 100 points

These Wii/U VC games are supposed to be going up sometime soon, but I can't see them on the site right now:

WII U VC

WarioWare GBA
Mario Pinball Land
Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima
Mario vs. DK
F-Zero for GBA (Maximum Velocity)

WII VC

Joy Mech Fight
Kid Icarus
Sutte Hakkun
Super Mario Kart
Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori
1080 Snowboarding
Sin & Punishment

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

4000yen eShop card - 800 points

Is this $40 for 800 points? Too lazy to look up conversion, but I hope they do the same thing in NOA because I'll take $80 in eshop money and not give a poo poo about Club Nintendo closing. Hopefully hoarding all these points pays off.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

katkillad2 posted:

Is this $40 for 800 points? Too lazy to look up conversion, but I hope they do the same thing in NOA because I'll take $80 in eshop money and not give a poo poo about Club Nintendo closing. Hopefully hoarding all these points pays off.

Closer to $35.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Wii shop point cards aren't region locked beyond Japan/US/Europe, are they? Got a bunch of stars in my Club Nintendo account that claims I'm from UK but I'm actually in Sweden where we don't have Club Nintendo and I should spend them before Club Nintendo goes away I guess. Though whether or not that's the best idea depends on how those are deliverered - do they actually mail you a card, or do they e-mail you the code? If they send it by e-mail 700 Wii points is probably my best option.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 23, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

KennyMan666 posted:

do they actually mail you a card, or do they e-mail you the code? If they send it by e-mail 700 Wii points is probably my best option.

If they refuse to send the cards to anywhere but the UK, then drop me a PM and I can EMail you anything you want sent to my small, british cottage.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Tyma posted:

If they refuse to send the cards to anywhere but the UK, then drop me a PM and I can EMail you anything you want sent to my small, british cottage.
Thanks for the offer, but my brother lives in the UK (and is already the recipient for my Smash Bros soundtrack) so it's not a huge deal if they mail physical cards. The main question was more if I could use the cards, but thinking about it I guess it doesn't make a lot of sense that I wouldn't be able to.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 29):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Rock 'n Racing Off Road - €5.99 / £5.39 or €4.99 / £4.49 for owners of Abyss, 99seconds, Unepic, Rock Zombie, 99 Moves, Spy Chameleon
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Majora's Mask Pack - €6.99 / £6.29
  • New adventure mode map with six new 8-bit weapons and 16 mask-inspired costumes
  • Two new characters (Tingle, Child Link)
  • Three new costumes (Skull Kid Lana, OOT Sheik, OOT Impa)
WII CLASSICS FOR WII U
    Metroid Prime Trilogy - €9.99 / £7.99 until February 5, standard price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - €4.79 / £3.99 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Chasing Aurora - €2.79 / £2.39 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - €5.59 / £4.79 for owners of BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    SteamWorld Dig - €3.59 / £2.79 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Teslagrad or Swords & Soldiers, ends January 29
    Swords & Soldiers - €1.19 / £1.07 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad or BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, ends January 29
    Teslagrad - €5.99 / £5.59 for owners of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Chasing Aurora, SteamWorld Dig, Swords & Soldiers or BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, ends January 29
    Super Toy Cars (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until January 29
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Wii U eShop) - €3.69 / £3.33 from January 29-February 3
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €9.99 / £5.99 until February 5
    Ben 10 Omniverse (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.99 until February 5
    Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Wii U) - €2.99 / £2.99 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Wii U) - €9.99 / £8.99 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Wii U) - €19.90 / £13.99 until February 5
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £6.79 until February 5
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U) - €29.99 / £21.99 until February 5
    Unepic (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until February 5
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    99Seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Best of Arcade Games - €24.99 / £19.99
    Best of Board Games - €24.99 / £19.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Gunman Clive 2 - €2.99 / £2.79
3DS MENU THEMES
    NES Balloon Fight - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES Fire Mario - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES Metroid - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES "Sword-Swinging Link" - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £13.49 until January 29
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €12.99 / £11.69 until January 29
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €0.99 / £0.99 until February 4
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.89 / £6.49 until February 5
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (3DS) - €4.99 / £3.69 until February 5
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €19.99 / £18.99 until February 5
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS) - €24.49 / £17.49 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.20 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (3DS) - €29.99 / £21.49 until February 5
    Project X Zone (3DS - €14.99 / £9.99 until February 5
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8

Yes, you'll need a Wiimote/Nunchuk to play Metroid Prime Trilogy. Yes, buy it.

Circle of the Moon is cool, hopefully we get the other GBA CV games over the coming weeks. Kinda bummed we're not getting Metroid Zero Mission, though. Where the hell is that game?

Gunman Clive 2 probably won't suck.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 26, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Circle of the moon!!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hell yes, I can't wait to play the GBA Castlevanias.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The first Gunman Clive was a great little game, the sequel looks cool too and at that price it's a no brainer.. I hope duck mode makes a return

I still have Trilogy on disc, but this re-release has kinda put me in the mood to play all three again

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Is Shin Megami Tensei IV good if I like Final Fantasy 12, Dragon Quest 8 and some other RPGs?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

A Big... Dog posted:

Is Shin Megami Tensei IV good if I like Final Fantasy 12, Dragon Quest 8 and some other RPGs?

It probably doesn't hurt: It has familiar game-play elements from both examples. However, the fact you can recruit demons into your team and later fuse them for more powerful ones is the unique element in the series. And it has a branching story with various ends.

So yeah, if you're serious about RPGs then SMTIV is a good bet - especially at the current sales price.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
SMT 3 and 4, while nothing like mario RPGS, are mario RPG tier games.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

NOE have put a Link Between Worlds OST up on the Stars Catalogue. 3000 Stars.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/559668086400643072

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

irlZaphod posted:

NOE have put a Link Between Worlds OST up on the Stars Catalogue. 3000 Stars.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/559668086400643072

I don't know if I should go for that or wait for a potential DKCTF soundtrack :smithicide:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I ordered the poo poo out of it, just because I have over 4000 stars and there's nothing else worth exchanging them for.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

irlZaphod posted:

I ordered the poo poo out of it, just because I have over 4000 stars and there's nothing else worth exchanging them for.

For now. I'd be surprised if this is the last thing they put out.

I think it's the first of many items they release for CN's last year.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You're gonna feel like such a chump when they announce the Yoshi's New Island OST and you're all out of stars.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Oh poo poo, I have exactly 3000 stars and is pretty unlikely to get more. I was planning on getting 700 Wii shop points but holy poo poo I am getting the gently caress out of that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

You're gonna feel like such a chump when they announce the Yoshi's New Island OST and you're all out of stars.

you'll see!!

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Have they abandoned the european 3DS VC? :sigh:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They haven't abandoned it but releases definitely have slowed down, mainly because all the participating publishers have already released everything they're likely to release.

For reference, Japan has only had one 3DS VC release in the last 6+ months.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I still have loads of games to cash in stars for, so if they do release something great I'll be ok. :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

irlZaphod posted:

I still have loads of games to cash in stars for, so if they do release something great I'll be ok. :v:

Ah, I'm all out :eng99:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

So if Europe's starting to get the GBA Castlevanias, does that mean NA starts getting the DKC games? That would be fair, I think.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

So if Europe's starting to get the GBA Castlevanias, does that mean NA starts getting the DKC games? That would be fair, I think.

Haha yeah NoA will get right on that.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

All I know is that they probably wanna sell the DKCR Wii re-release soon, and it'd be wacky to do that without the SNES DKCs on the shop. This hope is all I have.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gunmanclive owned and I can't wait to get the sequel. It is a loving crime to not have the first one if you have a 3DS. Also I too wonder where the gently caress Zero Mission is, Japan has had it forever and I need to complete the metroid collection.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

MinibarMatchman posted:

gunmanclive owned and I can't wait to get the sequel. It is a loving crime to not have the first one if you have a 3DS. Also I too wonder where the gently caress Zero Mission is, Japan has had it forever and I need to complete the metroid collection.

I absolutely hated Gunman Clive. It is one of the only games where I've somehow managed to regret spending two bucks on a video game.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ultigonio posted:

I absolutely hated Gunman Clive. It is one of the only games where I've somehow managed to regret spending two bucks on a video game.

You might be a monster.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up for any PAL-land people - Petit Computer is being delisted from DSiWare at the end of the month.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ultigonio posted:

I didn't hate it, but it did fall very flat with me.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Commissar Ken posted:

You might be a monster.
Okay, "hate" is a bit of a strong word, but I do have my reasons for being fairly dissatisfied with it. The animations feel floaty, the aesthetic is interesting but there's not a lot of experimentation with it, the level design and mechanics are extremely derivative and lack any sort of distinctiveness or variety, and the music's just really boring (and this is always a huge detriment to a game for me). If there's something interesting that happens in this game, then it didn't happen anywhere near soon enough to have captured my attention.

I guess I can see how people like it (it's not poorly constructed, just basic), but if I wanted Mega Man that badly, I'd just play Mega Man.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Heads up for any PAL-land people - Petit Computer is being delisted from DSiWare at the end of the month.

Anyone know why this is?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Eruonen posted:

Anyone know why this is?
They're making way for the new 3DS iteration, SmileBASIC, that's coming out in the Spring. I guess they're trying to reduce the odds of people buying the old one and trying to run code for the old one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
Here's another Monster Hunter code for U.S.: A0710DTW1TKSX5HC