Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Elias_Maluco posted:

Some capy pictures I took the other day at the bicycle lane, in São Paulo

These pictures make me hungry for watermelon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA1rnOD8CiM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

oliven posted:

This is the best thread.

Here's a dog that hangs around work sometimes. She is really soft and always patient when people want to pet her :3:

Yeeeees that's the spot!

I know you mean a member of staff brings her along, but part of me wants to believe this dog just turns up for pettings and nobody knows who owns her. There was a cat that did that where my dad worked. He was a groundskeeper and had a shed where he and his coworkers drank coffee and ate lunch and stuff, and one day a cat started hanging out there. They let it sleep on their chairs and started buying food for it because cats are charming fuckers.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

Elias_Maluco posted:

It's great to see they are just as chill and majestic in the wild as they are in captivity. Yeah, don't mind us, we're just gonna graze here and hang out on this big flat thing for a while, no biggie.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Segmentation Fox posted:

It's great to see they are just as chill and majestic in the wild as they are in captivity. Yeah, don't mind us, we're just gonna graze here and hang out on this big flat thing for a while, no biggie.

They have been living by the river for decades now (even though its probably one of most polluted rivers in the world).

The bicycle lane is relatively new, and when it was built they would avoid it and flee immediately from any bikes and humans. Some years later and they have lost all fear and now will just stand in the middle of the way and pose for pictures.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Look at this guy that I saw just a few minutes ago!

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

It's a month late, but Santa Daisy hopes you had a good holiday season.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I think my cat is imitating how I sleep.

He sure loves to sleep a lot though.

Not the mother of the runt, but a stray mommy that loves my garden

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Elias_Maluco posted:

That's pretty great, I hope people are careful not to hit them.

BurroughsBane
May 21, 2007

I mean to know before I go how come the devil smiles.

BurroughsBane
May 21, 2007

Rolo posted:

I'm having a stressful weekend because I have to move on a very tight budget, which is impossible.

If we're still cool with requests, can I get more English Bulldogs? It will help me through this slump of a weekend.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

So a few years ago my grandfather died. He was everything to me. He was the father figure in my life and was the smartest and funniest person I've ever met. Recently I was doing a lot of thinking about him and was able to track down a bunch of speeches he gave. Most of them are very funny and deal with addiction and beating it. One of them hit close to home because it deals with insomnia and it's something that I've suffered with for years.
He puts into words better than I was ever able to what it's like suffering from deep, troubling insomnia better than anyone I've heard. I'll post it here because it ends on an uplifting note about him not needing alcohol to get to sleep anymore.
http://tindeck.com/listen/zowgt
He is funny so it doesn't come off preachy or anything.
Either way it was just great to hear his voice again and it meant a lot to me so I thought I'd share it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bulldogs rock. You rock.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

like six people are gonna get this reference but whatever

Loony Bird?

BurroughsBane
May 21, 2007

do we get points on how many arm wrinkles we can accumulate?

tviolet
May 20, 2004

It doesn't count as "cute picture" but this video always makes me feel so, so good : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IChJ6eO3k48

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

tviolet posted:

It doesn't count as "cute picture" but this video always makes me feel so, so good : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IChJ6eO3k48

I watched this like an hour ago, but I had to come back and say thanks for posting it. I got some bad news today (my lovely stepmom is in the hospital and it could be bad), and was going to ask for cute kitten pictures, but this did the trick.

(Cute kitten pictures are of course still welcome.)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The BBC know what's really important with the northeast blizzard:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

tviolet posted:

Not only does she have an amazing voice, she is absolutely adorable. Thanks for this.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

tviolet posted:

Related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHnWz3EyHs

BurroughsBane
May 21, 2007

Maggie Fletcher posted:

was going to ask for cute kitten pictures, but this did the trick.

(Cute kitten pictures are of course still welcome.)

because I can't help myself.... piles of cute animals are everything.

i want the one smack dab in the middle. he looks like a silly bruiser.

what is going on?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Capys puff up when they're happy

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Oh god what kind of rat is that with the neat fur? My girlfriend's rat died this past week and that post really did it for me :cry:

agatona
Oct 29, 2010

Over the long weekend, I binged on all How To Train Your Dragon media available - films, tv series, specials, pictures, soundtrack. I cannot get enough of Hiccup and Toothless. Out of all the things I've watched, I keep going back to certain scenes. They just lift me up every time. It's a combination of the animation and the music that gets to me every time.

This one is still my favorite. HTTYD 1 - Forbidden Friendship (Toothless finally lets Hiccup touch him)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5JHOYmfPpo

Close second is this one. HTTYD 2 - Where No One Goes (first flying scene with Hiccup and Toothless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSKflxDUlpE&t=151s

euclidian88
Aug 3, 2013
My friends bulldog:

He has more clothes than me!

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

L_E_E posted:

This one is still my favorite. HTTYD 1 - Forbidden Friendship (Toothless finally lets Hiccup touch him)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5JHOYmfPpo

Man, that's such a great scene, and the movie has its fair share of them.

Related: I saw this is the theater, and when the movie was over there was a guy who must have been in his forties there with his kid. I heard him say, "Well, how about that." Like he really enjoyed the movie, himself, on a level he didn't expect. :3:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Oh god what kind of rat is that with the neat fur? My girlfriend's rat died this past week and that post really did it for me :cry:

Probably an infant of some variety of Rex or Harley. Looks like a dumbo as well, which I think is often associated with odd fur types.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

BurroughsBane posted:

i want the one smack dab in the middle. he looks like a silly bruiser.

If only this were real, I'd be impressed by the ability to hold them all!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Icelandic dude is reunited with the bengal cats that got stolen from his home:

http://grapevine.is/news/2015/01/27/cat-burglar-apprehended-bengals-reunited-with-owner/

It turns out that the police in Iceland are some kind of Sherlock Holmes crime-solving geniuses:

quote:

The Metropolitan Police – whose only physical evidence was an abandoned bra and a pair of leopard print sweatpants – managed to track the thief down to a house in Reykjavík last night and collect the cats.

The owner is willing to forgive and forget:

quote:

Ólafur Sturla does not want to press charges and asks the public to stop slandering the thief and try to send positive vibes instead.

ICELAND! :3:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I SURE HOPE YOU ALL LIKE GIANT SPIDERS!:derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp:

Oh....

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

TheMaestroso posted:

If only this were real, I'd be impressed by the ability to hold them all!

It's like they didn't even try. They pasted them right next to the original ones.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Hey thread, looking for some ideas to help out a few friends.

One of my close friends has taken a really big fall out bushwalking and is in a super bad state. There is not a lot I can do to help her right now but want to do some nice stuff for her partner. Currently have card sorted and am cooking up a bunch of food so he can spend more time with her in hospital and come home to have a lazy burrito to pull out of the freezer or what ever. Looking for some other ideas that might help out a bit.

Have some bush rats

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

IslamoNazi posted:

One of my close friends has taken a really big fall out bushwalking and is in a super bad state. There is not a lot I can do to help her right now but want to do some nice stuff for her partner. Currently have card sorted and am cooking up a bunch of food so he can spend more time with her in hospital and come home to have a lazy burrito to pull out of the freezer or what ever. Looking for some other ideas that might help out a bit.

Have some bush rats

That's really sweet of you to do. Honestly, the fact that hee doesn't have to worry about cooking is probably a huge help. I'd suggest also throwing together a basket of fun things he can take to the hospital to share with his wife.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

The Kitten & The Ducklings: http://youtu.be/gOX8YbhVs-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

IslamoNazi posted:

Yeah, like Sociopastry said maybe find some fun stuff they can share. If she's allowed to have any food or drink maybe you can find some little treat she likes. How much can she do? Maybe a board game they can play or something simpler like word searches or mad libs. Even if she can't participate, a puzzle book might be good for him. Something to keep him from being too bored sitting with her. How far does he drive to the hospital? It may sound corny as hell but if it's a longish drive or he's going back and forth a lot maybe find him a CD he likes to keep his spirits up. Or one he can play for her while he's with her.

I wish I could be more help but I've never been in a situation like that. I hope she gets well soon!!! Keep us updated and we'll send good thoughts your way!

• Locked thread