Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Red Mundus posted:

I aksed in the Dying light thread so I thought I'd ask here too.

I'm trying to use GMG voucher code: HYEHZ0-GNKD1A-GFNGMQ for dying light but it doesn't accept it. Is it because I'm in Canada and it's invalid there?

That one doesn't work on my end either. The 20% off code on GMG's website right now does work (drops $12 off the price)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Would it be worth buying Ethan Carter on GMG if you'd probably have to bump down the graphics to play it? Is there more to it than just looking really pretty?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

havenwaters posted:

That one doesn't work on my end either. The 20% off code on GMG's website right now does work (drops $12 off the price)

Yeah the 20% code works too but I'd rather use the game-specific code first. I sent a support ticket so I'll see what they say.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Acquire Currency! posted:

Remember when you play as Briggs the first time as a first person shooter then the next time as identical to Sam's gameplay? That ruled.

It annoyed me because you could only go lethal while playing as him.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Justin_Brett posted:

Would it be worth buying Ethan Carter on GMG if you'd probably have to bump down the graphics to play it? Is there more to it than just looking really pretty?

It's actually optimized extremely well but it also has hardly any graphics settings to tweak.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Justin_Brett posted:

Ethan Carter is one of those games that uses really cool tech to make the game look much prettier than the system requirements would lead you to believe. It's a bit like RAGE in that regard in that you might be surprised at how well you can run it.

That said, it's a really solid adventure style game with a really well done atmosphere/story.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does Dying Light need multiplayer to be fun? I'm not really looking for more Co-op centric games.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh, I just noticed the game is 9 gigs, ouch. Can't really check it too easily then. Think I'll just get around to playing Shadowgate in February.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Propaganda Hour posted:

In a startling move today that shocked many financial experts, Greece has moved away from the Euro and on to Steambux.
I will finally get to own a piece of my ancestral homeland with gem bags.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Red Mundus posted:

Yeah the 20% code works too but I'd rather use the game-specific code first. I sent a support ticket so I'll see what they say.
I think that code was more for pre-order.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Niggurath posted:

I think that code was more for pre-order.

Huh, weird it says it expires the 30th so I assumed it would work after release but knowing GM sometimes that could be exactly it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scalding Coffee posted:

I will finally get to own a piece of my ancestral homeland with gem bags.

Summer Sale 2015 theme: Control Greece Summer Camp! I call the insane Neo nazi team!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Red Mundus posted:

Huh, weird it says it expires the 30th so I assumed it would work after release but knowing GM sometimes that could be exactly it.
Hmmm, maybe that's because 'Life is Strange' is releasing on the 30th and they just poorly worded the coupon so that it only works for pre-orders but the other pre-order ends on the 30th?

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
I have a question about Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2. I'm using DS4tool but the button re-mapping doesn't seem to be working with FF13-1. Are the controls hard coded? Nothing i'm doing seems to be working :(. The X O, square, and R2 buttons are all mixed up.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

havenwaters posted:

I contacted support and they fixed it. I had to clear my cache and cookies in Firefox and then the code work. Try that if it doesn't work.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Red Mundus posted:

I contacted support and they fixed it. I had to clear my cache and cookies in Firefox and then the code work. Try that if it doesn't work.

Yeah, the 25% off works fine for me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The new Bundle Stars bundle has Fly'n, Sang Froid, Poof Vs The Cursed Kitty, and some real good poo poo gift fodder: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/havoc-bundle/

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Hunniepop is going to sell better than all the lovely indie games including gone home combined. There is a god.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Liquid Penguins posted:

Hunniepop is going to sell better than all the lovely indie games including gone home combined. There is a god.
in a stunning turn of events, sex sells

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

The new Bundle Stars bundle has Fly'n, Sang Froid, Poof Vs The Cursed Kitty, and some real good poo poo gift fodder: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/havoc-bundle/

I'm not sure which is more insane; the fact that they've included Kick-rear end 2 in this bundle, possibly one of the worst movie tie-in games in recent years, or the fact that Kick-rear end 2 now has trading cards, and foil ones that are apparently worth forty loving dollars at that.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Trading card prices plummet once a game is included in a bundle.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tell that to the $1.28 I've freerolled over the last month buying packs for Blade Kitten, opening them for cards, selling cards of catgirls for more than 60c then buying gem sacks whenever they drop below 54c

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Is that game in there where you play pokemon with your pots and pans any good?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I interpreted the fact that none of the gameplay decisions in Blacklist actually mattered as biting commentary on the effectiveness of the US Military.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
L
M
K

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Everblight posted:

Tell that to the $1.28 I've freerolled over the last month buying packs for Blade Kitten, opening them for cards, selling cards of catgirls for more than 60c then buying gem sacks whenever they drop below 54c

Ok.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
L
M
K

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

RatHat posted:

I've only played through the prologue so far but I'm really enjoying Witcher 2. The story/dialogue is so much better than Witcher 1 and the combat is pretty fun.

My only complaint is it's a pretty demanding game performance-wise. I'm getting texture flickering too. Is there anything I can do to really improve the performance outside of the game settings?

You have über sampling off, right? I find it tanks performance for a barely noticeable visual upgrade. I remember the game auto detected my setting and though I should have uber sampling on.

You can always turn down/off anti aliasing too.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Why Dying Light is a good game:

You can slide up stairs.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
From a couple of pages back:

Palpek posted:

What I meant is more like AC:U's pop-in crowds and horrendously small draw distance. Also some people are reporting performance problems and apparently one of the solutions is to turn off v-sync because it's the same poo poo as with Dead Island.
I'm running Unity on max everything in 1920x1080 and I occasionally notice a pop-in or two when dealing with huge crowds, and I haven't noticed any problems with draw distance at all. The LoD could perhaps be a bit better when you are up in a tower, but that's about it.

I've also only had the game hang on me once or twice, and only a couple of quests didn't trigger a switch and I had to reload the game and everything worked again, and that's counting the first version available on Steam.

As i mentioned to Kragger earlier tonight, Unity is probably my second favourite Assassin's Creed game, Black Flag being number 1, and I definitely did not expect that considering the lovely launch they did.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Morter posted:

Why Dying Light is a good game:

You can slide up stairs.

Yeah but can you jump up so your head hits a slanted ceiling and slide down it like in Duke Nukem 3D??

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Welp, pretty much beat HuniePop. Is the first Puzzle Quest better than the second?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jamfrost posted:

Welp, pretty much beat HuniePop. Is the first Puzzle Quest better than the second?

Yes it is by a huge amount.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
The expansion for the first Puzzle Quest never came out anywhere other than Xbox 360, did it?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Jamfrost posted:

Immensely. But the second is fine after you've wrung everything you can out of the first.

markgreyam posted:

The expansion for the first Puzzle Quest never came out anywhere other than Xbox 360, did it?

Not officially, but there is a fan-made patch that adds it in!

Movac
Oct 31, 2012

markgreyam posted:

It's on PC in mod form. And iOS, I guess.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

markgreyam posted:

You can mod it in.

e: ffs

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Why won't someone answer me!!!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
That is some good info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Everblight posted:

Haha you are stocking gems? Shine on you crazy diamond.

• Locked thread