Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
If Xaarman actually checks the thread, I'll be able to guild him if he comes to Britain Inn near the sewers.

I'm writing a report while keeping an eye on UO for a little while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I'm at Destard trying to loot a body, apparently I have some already built characters on this server.

edit: if you all had a working TS server in the OP...

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

xaarman posted:

I'm at Destard trying to loot a body, apparently I have some already built characters on this server.

edit: if you all had a working TS server in the OP...

This guy has been here five minutes and already he's gettin fuckin fresh!!!

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
No JerryK to be found, but plenty of honey still available...

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Goblin posted:

Omg

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Goblin posted:

yesssssss

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!

Goblin posted:

OH COULD IT BE?!

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

TPain someone from Har scared the poo poo out of me.

I was finishing up a L5 Tmap on my tmapper/tamer and had just looted some rare sandals off of a lich when several reds (including a tamer) recalled in right on top of me. Both of my characters were overloaded so I thought I was screwed.

One was named King Mondain and he said to tell you "sup."

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

KetTarma posted:

TPain someone from Har scared the poo poo out of me.

I was finishing up a L5 Tmap on my tmapper/tamer and had just looted some rare sandals off of a lich when several reds (including a tamer) recalled in right on top of me. Both of my characters were overloaded so I thought I was screwed.

One was named King Mondain and he said to tell you "sup."

lmaoooo

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Anyone else pinging like 350? I'm sub 20s until here:

8 312 ms 271 ms 290 ms 10ge.xe-3-2-0.wdc-sp225-sbcor-2.peer1.net [216.187.115.222]

Also everyone at Destard is like upset I'm looting their kills and stealing from them... are they surprised people play this way in UO?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

xaarman posted:

Anyone else pinging like 350? I'm sub 20s until here:

8 312 ms 271 ms 290 ms 10ge.xe-3-2-0.wdc-sp225-sbcor-2.peer1.net [216.187.115.222]

Also everyone at Destard is like upset I'm looting their kills and stealing from them... are they surprised people play this way in UO?

I am averaging 50ms right now. People always get butt hurt over stuff like that.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

I'm off until my ping settles down... I couldn't really fight effectively, couldn't steal and couldn't loot quickly.

It's just after 17 years of a game being out, they might realize there are some people who don't feel bad about taking your stuff.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

xaarman posted:

I'm off until my ping settles down... I couldn't really fight effectively, couldn't steal and couldn't loot quickly.

It's just after 17 years of a game being out, they might realize there are some people who don't feel bad about taking your stuff.

Tell your mom to get off the webcam

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Anybody else working on that whole dexxer meta thingy? I got my 100 kills, but the arch demon is never up when I'm online.

Also trying to work my meta dragon lately, they are a pain in the rear end.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
I would like to be, but I wasn't able to locate the statue yet. Do you happen to have a rune?

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Nucka posted:

I would like to be, but I wasn't able to locate the statue yet. Do you happen to have a rune?

Yep I do. I'm sometimes hard to meet up with online though. It's just North of the Valor shrine.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

How much better is a meta dragon compared to a regular dragon?

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Mine is only level 4, but I have quicksilver and molten, and he can solo dragons/balrons pretty easily.

I've seen some level 6/7 with quicksilver that kill balrons in under 15 seconds. So for farming pretty crazy.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

How many slots does it take up?

And what is this quicksilver molten stuff?

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Takes up 3 slots.

Quicksilver allows you monster to attack for more damage and faster. Molten cast like flame strikes all around the pet. There is also a noxious one that poisons, a blood talon that kind of poisons as well and then a gold one which increases the amount of gold a mob drops, but the gold one apparently sucks.

The relics can only be applied through the meta stone (3mil). Quicksilver relic goes for like 6-8mil, molten, noxious and blood talon are 2-3mil, and gold is 300k~.

So yes I'd say metas worth it, eventually. They take forever to level up, and are expensive as gently caress, but they do a hell of a lot damage once you get there.

Oh, and you also need 120 taming to be able to get to level 7 meta.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

fffffffff I want one

They're like 1-2mil per egg, right?

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Yeah prices on the egg alone have come down quite a ways. 2mil you can probably get one.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

xaarman posted:

People getting mad means you're playing UO correctly, same as always.

Post a tracert on the forums they have helped people with their ping before.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Yep I do. I'm sometimes hard to meet up with online though. It's just North of the Valor shrine.

Ah nice, thanks. I'll probably get started on it today.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

This guy has been here five minutes and already he's gettin fuckin fresh!!!

This guy is the best PVPer in this thread and probably a top 5 on UOForever.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

giving this old rear end game a shot, never played it when it was in its heyday. say hi to fartgod if you see him, usually afk bald bearded man wearing a purple cape afk bashing a tambourine.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

FormerFatty posted:

He's killing it with his 300 ping too

skull pressure posted:

giving this old rear end game a shot, never played it when it was in its heyday. say hi to fartgod if you see him, usually afk bald bearded man wearing a purple cape afk bashing a tambourine.

Let me know if you need guilding.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

FormerFatty posted:

(I was kidding)

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

How would you know anything about UOF PvP?

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

Surfing Turtle posted:

He's killing it with his 300 ping too

Let me know if you need guilding.

i don't know what i need but how am i supposed to farm with all these strong rear end mages pking in low dungeons?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

skull pressure posted:

i don't know what i need but how am i supposed to farm with all these strong rear end mages pking in low dungeons?

Find other places to farm in?

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

i only know of one place like the bard table :/

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

How would you know anything about UOF PvP?

I know he could 5x you in under a minute!

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Make an escape macro with razor, jump around a lot, and bank every 5k gold. I don't get pked or lose much this way. My pvper/pker is almost done so we can go smoke fools and take their poo poo.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

skull pressure posted:

i only know of one place like the bard table :/

Where are you right now so I can guild you

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

How much time are we talking if I wanted to GM tinkering? Thinking of creating yet another "Grandpa" character.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

CappyBottoms posted:

How much time are we talking if I wanted to GM tinkering? Thinking of creating yet another "Grandpa" character.

Tinkering shouldn't take long as long as you got all the boards and ingots or whatever you need to keep macroiing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CappyBottoms posted:

Like a days worth of mining ingots is what it took me.

I literally just did it so I could go on grandpa esque adventures

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm running out of lovely maces and swords to throw on my vendor. I might actually have to go hunting soon. My vendor has enough gold to not wink out of existence for another 600 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
How active is this server now? Last time I played I kind of felt like even the diehards had stopped playing but it's 2015 and you guys are still posting so what do I know

• Locked thread