Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone know what sort of bug might be causing female models in the game to have this weird splotchy black texture overlay on them? Their faces are fine, but arms and legs are all black. I have a feeling it might be a memory issue, but I thought I'd ask. I'm using the Type 3 body replacer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does anyone know what sort of bug might be causing female models in the game to have this weird splotchy black texture overlay on them? Their faces are fine, but arms and legs are all black. I have a feeling it might be a memory issue, but I thought I'd ask. I'm using the Type 3 body replacer.

have you installed an STD mod?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Check to make sure you have a type 3 texture to go along with the body mesh. The Vanilla body textures have black underwear painted on, but since the vanilla texture doesn't line up with the type 3 model, it ends up looking weird.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hobo on Fire posted:

Check to make sure you have a type 3 texture to go along with the body mesh. The Vanilla body textures have black underwear painted on, but since the vanilla texture doesn't line up with the type 3 model, it ends up looking weird.

I downloaded the full replacer, both the body and armors in one file. It doesn't always happen, only after extended playthroughs when things start to chug a bit, which is why I think it might be memory related.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

have you archive invalidated yet?

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Speaking of ENBs, could anyone recommend one that doesn't impact performance quite so drastically?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Roobanguy posted:

have you archive invalidated yet?

Yep, first thing I did. I've narrowed it down to Fallout Redesigned 2 not playing too nice with FCO. I'm using the No NPC Edits for FCO but it seems to be messing with the redesigned mod. But it still only shows up after extended playthroughs, so it's not a deal breaker.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I tried FCO today (again) and immediately uninstalled it. I think it makes NPCs drastically worse looking

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Wow just found out that Cirosan stopped working on his mod about a year back, sad news.

Anyone happen to know what happens if i take "fear the reaper" train in CCO and remove it later in the OWB auto-doc? It shouldn't remove the extra perks i got and it should remove the 1/2 DT debuff, right?

edit: also does the follower tweaks charisma setting work with temporarily increased charisma as well (i.e. i can use a party time mentat and get more followers)?

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 26, 2015

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I've been playing with Weapons Mod Expanded and I just bought the Anti Material rifle modified muzzle brake mod but it doesn't allow me to install it as a mod for the gun. It doesn't show up on the list for weapon mods. Anything special that I need to do? I already have a bolt and carbon parts installed on it, but no suppressor.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Lombard Station link in the OP doesn't seem to be working, is it uploaded anywhere else?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

uaciaut posted:

Wow just found out that Cirosan stopped working on his mod about a year back, sad news.

Anyone happen to know what happens if i take "fear the reaper" train in CCO and remove it later in the OWB auto-doc? It shouldn't remove the extra perks i got and it should remove the 1/2 DT debuff, right?

edit: also does the follower tweaks charisma setting work with temporarily increased charisma as well (i.e. i can use a party time mentat and get more followers)?

His mod is mostly feature complete so it is OK.

I think the charisma part is according to your permanent Charisma stat. I usually play with a 1 Charisma courier, along side the implant I end up being able to have EDE and Boone, I think. I'll have to check tonight - still getting my newest mod setup complete.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TheDon01 posted:

I've been playing with Weapons Mod Expanded and I just bought the Anti Material rifle modified muzzle brake mod but it doesn't allow me to install it as a mod for the gun.
Make sure you have the base game version of the Anti-material Rifle and not the Gun Runner's Arsenal one. If you do have to right one, load up your loadorder in FNVEdit and check if you don't have another mod that overrides WMX' weapon records.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
At least one mod I have lets you convert GRA to non-GRA (or vice versa) mods at a workbench. I think WMX itself, actually. Try that and see if it lets you attach the thing?

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Can someone tell me how to make DarnUI not gently caress up VATS please? I tried to use the iron sights and manual aiming but I keep missing even when my face is being cut off by Powder Gangers.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Raygereio posted:

Make sure you have the base game version of the Anti-material Rifle and not the Gun Runner's Arsenal one. If you do have to right one, load up your loadorder in FNVEdit and check if you don't have another mod that overrides WMX' weapon records.

Ah thats the problem, thanks.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Speaking of UI mods, is Darnified UI still the one that every single person ever uses? Last time I checked it hadn't been updated in like 4 years.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Seashell Salesman posted:

Speaking of UI mods, is Darnified UI still the one that every single person ever uses? Last time I checked it hadn't been updated in like 4 years.

It's still good, though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Its fine and there are a few addons on the :nexus: for it to add stuff like DT/DR display, fix the traits menu, etc.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 27, 2015

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Gyshall posted:

His mod is mostly feature complete so it is OK.

I think the charisma part is according to your permanent Charisma stat. I usually play with a 1 Charisma courier, along side the implant I end up being able to have EDE and Boone, I think. I'll have to check tonight - still getting my newest mod setup complete.

First example of something odd with CCO - it supposedly changed the damage modifier from all gender perks (cherchez la femme, black widow, etc) from 10% to 5% yet somehow my "Lady Killer" perk says the damage modifier is 15% (confirmed bachelor is 5% so it's ok). Didn't pick it so i can't confirm whether it's a spelling error or whether it's actually 15% damage.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
IIRC the perks that give more damage against female characters are raised to 15% and the perks that give damage against male characters are lowered to 5% to account for the fact that there are more male than female enemies.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is setting uGrids @ 7 still busted horribly even with the memory tweaks et el?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gyshall posted:

No, at least if you're not using a silly texture pack.

With TTW though you'll be OOM even with the 2.5gb extender every 25 minutes :unsmigghh:

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Sorry y'all. I actually found the answer to my question about placing -editor properly for NSVE command line by watching the Youtube tutorial for the 4GB updated. Of course, now it looks like I don't even need the NSVE shortcut.

*took out question on the 4GB updated file since I saw my question answered in the posts section at Nexus.

Now to learn to use FOMM. I have a feeling I might have more questions later...

Svanja fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 28, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Supeerme posted:

Can someone tell me how to make DarnUI not gently caress up VATS please? I tried to use the iron sights and manual aiming but I keep missing even when my face is being cut off by Powder Gangers.

Use User Interface Organizer. It needs NVSE but it smooths out pretty much any UI mod so it doesn't lead to gently caress ups.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Gyshall posted:

Pretty sure you should not mess with that setting in any Gamebryo game. At least use a new game if you try, 'cause IIRC it's irreversible on saves.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Pwnstar posted:

The Lombard Station link in the OP doesn't seem to be working, is it uploaded anywhere else?

If somebody posts an updated link, I'll modify the OP to use it (unless it's on a private, low-bandwidth server or something, of course).

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
What are the good HUD mods to go with UIO and Darnified UI? So far I'm just using OneHUD.

e: oh god OneHUD showed me that my light touch perk wasn't giving me +5% crit, and now that I've confirmed that with the console, I've become obsessed with it. I tried removing and re-adding it, doesn't work. Are there any known bugs around this perk?

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 28, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

What are the good HUD mods to go with UIO and Darnified UI? So far I'm just using OneHUD.

e: oh god OneHUD showed me that my light touch perk wasn't giving me +5% crit, and now that I've confirmed that with the console, I've become obsessed with it. I tried removing and re-adding it, doesn't work. Are there any known bugs around this perk?

Did you use the Showracemenu to change appearance and stuff? Because that can gently caress up perks irreversibly on a playthrough.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did you use the Showracemenu to change appearance and stuff? Because that can gently caress up perks irreversibly on a playthrough.

It turns out what happened is the Light Touch perk is kind of bugged and adds a bonus to the calculated crit chance rather than base, so it's not reported with player.getav critchance. Installing a mod that changes the effect to a +base crit makes it show up. The ones that work right (eg. Finesse, Built To Destroy) add a +% to the base crit chance, Light Touch and Ninja are bugged and apply a +% of the calculated critical chance after weapon critical multiplier etc. have been applied.

This is the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44567/

I guess it's arguable that Light Touch is not meant to apply to base (but why?), but Ninja is just straight up broken.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 28, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Pretty sure you should not mess with that setting in any Gamebryo game. At least use a new game if you try, 'cause IIRC it's irreversible on saves.
You can reverse it, but you'll need to do it while the game is running:
- Load up your save
- Alt-tab out and change the uGridsToLoad setting in the .ini files
- Go back to the game and use the "RefreshIN" console command
- Save your game. All older save files that were made with the old uGridsToLoad setting will crash if you attempt to load them.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Light Touch not affecting your base crit chance is a Good Thing, if you use automatic weapons. :clint:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Smol posted:

Light Touch not affecting your base crit chance is a Good Thing, if you use automatic weapons. :clint:

That is a very good point. This really does make Light Touch the best crit-related perk for auto weapon users: for the Bozar, Assault Carbine, Light Machinegun, Automatic Rifle, and every SMG, Light Touch will give about the same or more effective crit chance than Finesse, 10 Luck, any gear combo, and True Police Stories combined!

But, if that's the reason why Light Touch works the way it does, then it should probably be explained in the perk text. It's the only perk AFAIK that works that way (Ninja, as mentioned, is broken in a different way).

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Also Light Touch essentially makes you immune to enemy critical hits. I don't think any enemy in the game has over 25% crit chance.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Does someone have an idea why the (Hand-Loaded) ammo is not usable for me for either the vanilla or the GRA weapons? It's simply greyed out in the ammo selection menu.

Companions Infinite Ammo
CONELRAD 640-1240
EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements
IWS-Increased Wasteland Spawns
Kobu - Free Wild Wasteland Trait
Mojave Music Radio - Extended
New Vegas Stutter Remover
POCO BUENO Texture Pack
Project Nevada
Project Nevada - DLC Support
Project Nevada - EVE Support
Project Nevada - WME Support
Survivalist Bunker - Survivalist Bunker122
The Legacy of X13 - An Armor Overhaul - 3-2 Patch
The Legacy of X13 - An Armor Overhaul - Dead Money Assassin Suit
The Legacy of X13 - An Armor Overhaul - FULL - That Armour
The Mod Configuration Menu - The Mod Configuration Menu
Western Sky - Weather and Atmosphere
WME - Weapon Mod Expansion
WME - Weapon Mod Expansion - WME - DLCs
WME - Weapon Mod Expansion - WME - GRA Light
X13 PN armor patch - X-13 PN patch
YCS for Wild Wasteland
Yukichigai Unofficial Patch

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can someone give me the breakdown of why Mission Mojave is a bad mod? I'm using the YUG patch anyways, but I'd like to know what kind of feature creep ruins MM.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Can someone give me the breakdown of why Mission Mojave is a bad mod? I'm using the YUG patch anyways, but I'd like to know what kind of feature creep ruins MM.

It seems to make a bunch of the black NPCs white for me.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The most common things you'll hear about MM are that they proudly tell you they've made thousands of changes to NV, and don't document any of them. That should set off a lot of alarms. The other is that they changed all the female NCR soldier NPCs who aren't named characters into male and attempted to claim this was a "fix." That this was a "problem" that they "solved" to make New Vegas more "realistic."

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Nuramor posted:

Does someone have an idea why the (Hand-Loaded) ammo is not usable for me for either the vanilla or the GRA weapons? It's simply greyed out in the ammo selection menu.

Companions Infinite Ammo

Is it this one? Because that one hasn't been updated more or less since release, and it overwrites all the ammo lists.

JIP Companion Command & Control has an Infinite Companion Ammo option, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Psion posted:

The most common things you'll hear about MM are that they proudly tell you they've made thousands of changes to NV, and don't document any of them. That should set off a lot of alarms. The other is that they changed all the female NCR soldier NPCs who aren't named characters into male and attempted to claim this was a "fix." That this was a "problem" that they "solved" to make New Vegas more "realistic."

If you play as a woman with MM, do you get -4 Strength?

Also, does anyone have a spawn increaser that's Tale of Two Wastelands compatible and increases spawns by like, 50-100% instead of the 3+ times I often see in other spawn increasers because that tends to lead to hilarity and constant crashes?