Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

thespaceinvader posted:

E: and having been in the audience for some filmings, albeit not of sitcoms but of topical shows, the filmings can be incredibly tedious, so it's not surprising the laughter sometimes feels a bit forced. When you've sat through the fourth or fifth reshoot of a single joke it can be pretty hard to keep the energy up.

Audience work is the absolute worst. I had a class one semester that required you to do it a few times.

There is nothing more mind numbing than sitting through 8 hours of D list celebrities playing poker and having to stop every two minutes to get crowd reactions. 'Okay this time you are all just shocked' 'clap and cheer everyone!!! Let's get excited!!!!' 'Now act sad like you can't believe it'. Repeat 100x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I don't see what's so funny about this.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HiHo ChiRho posted:

How many men do you see? (There are at least 4.)

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmMJntSfQI

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nooner posted:

Audience work is the absolute worst. I had a class one semester that required you to do it a few times.

There is nothing more mind numbing than sitting through 8 hours of D list celebrities playing poker and having to stop every two minutes to get crowd reactions. 'Okay this time you are all just shocked' 'clap and cheer everyone!!! Let's get excited!!!!' 'Now act sad like you can't believe it'. Repeat 100x.

Nothing makes you lose your enthusiasm for Whose Line Is It Anyway like sitting in the audience through a six-hour taping of it.

"Okay everyone, you know that one off-the-cuff song they did this morning that was so funny? Ryan accidentally mentioned Hitler or child molestation or something in it, so we have to do it again, and they're gonna do their best to remember what they sang, and you all have to pretend to find it as funny as it was the first time. Go!"

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

:golfclap:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Nothing makes you lose your enthusiasm for Whose Line Is It Anyway like sitting in the audience through a six-hour taping of it.

"Okay everyone, you know that one off-the-cuff song they did this morning that was so funny? Ryan accidentally mentioned Hitler or child molestation or something in it, so we have to do it again, and they're gonna do their best to remember what they sang, and you all have to pretend to find it as funny as it was the first time. Go!"

Bull poo poo it was an accident. Ryan was constantly intentionally loving things up just to annoy the director. Which is ~hilarious~. Of course I never had to sit through it.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

This does not seem effective at all.

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer

Protecting America's mop closets.

No more 56k sandwiches.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0491321/?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

I'm glad that this has become a thing. When her sextape hit the internet, I thought I was the only one who was freaked out.

Content:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I love they fuzzed out the number but left the area code.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Len posted:

I love they fuzzed out the number but left the area code.
And the address.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Agent355 posted:

Bull poo poo it was an accident. Ryan was constantly intentionally loving things up just to annoy the director. Which is ~hilarious~. Of course I never had to sit through it.

Nobody is allowed to go to the toilet until the director says so. Not the performers, not the host, not the camera and sound people and definitely not the audience.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Data Graham posted:

Nothing makes you lose your enthusiasm for Whose Line Is It Anyway like watching the American version of it and hearing the audience screech with applause every five loving minutes for an actual celebrity guest who, instead of staying on the drat stage like everyone else, is constantly dragged back and forth offstage like a loving showdog just for people to clap at.
Fixed that for ya.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Who would ever think to open a barber shop themed on Lars Von Trier's Antichrist?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FinalGamer posted:

Fixed that for ya.

Yes, a fair point well made

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Who would ever think to open a barber shop themed on Lars Von Trier's Antichrist?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

gently caress, the transporter malfunctioned again

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

BIC♦BD

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HBomb posted:

BIC♦BD

:gowron:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Only 600euros!

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Is that big hunk of copper piping supposed to be a whammy bar?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dare I ask why this hideous thing even exists?

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That's what she said. (Your girlfriend to you, regarding your penis)

Edit: Bazinga.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Romeo Rose was bored in shop class.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I was going to ask if this was meant to be steam punk and yes, the URL to ebay said it's exactly that.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

BgRdMchne posted:

Is that big hunk of copper piping supposed to be a whammy bar?

Per Google translate:

quote:

special rust color paint vintage, all parts were artificially made to look old, some tube also have a function, such as the entire mass is passed over almost all metal parts
with integrated plasma ball operational with 4 1.5V batteries (not included)
Tremolo arm was completely modified, see pictures
with many copper parts, genuine leather inserts and genuine cartridge cases

I'm only a dabbler guitarwise, but I'm pretty sure if you try to play that thing you will strain your wrist as well as destroying your credibility.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I kind of like this, just for how unrepentantly stupid it is.

Still wouldn't buy it though. :v:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

thepopmonster posted:

Per Google translate:

I'm only a dabbler guitarwise, but I'm pretty sure if you try to play that thing you will strain your wrist as well as destroying your credibility.

Please, you mean to tell me that Steampunk Giraffe aren't the coolest band ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

thepopmonster posted:

Per Google translate:

Luckily your virginity would stay in tact.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

IslamoNazi posted:

Please, you mean to tell me that Steampunk Giraffe aren't the coolest band ever?

Even they play regular guitars.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Paladinus posted:

Even they play regular guitars.

Only because steampunk doesn't pay well enough to afford €600 guitars

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

John Waters with the cast of Kiddie Flamingos -- a dramatic reading with children performing the parts. Connie Marble (Mink Stole) is perfect!

Left to right: Edie, Raymond Marble, Crackers, Cotton, John Waters, Divine, Cookie Mueller, The Eggman, Connie Marble, John Waters mini

If you haven't seen it, it's one of the best movies ever made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUd_6FF4AtM

The North Tower has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Jan 28, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Matthew Beet posted:

I was going to ask if this was meant to be steam punk and yes, the URL to ebay said it's exactly that.

Obviously they haven't watched this instructional video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

IslamoNazi posted:

This is pretty bad but I have to respect their ability to emulate animatronics so well.

• Locked thread