Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

blastron posted:

Notice that after she "heals" (?) Isabel's wound (which leaves a palm print of different-colored skin on Isabel's arm), Zarei's palm is hidden from the camera for the remainder of the page. Perhaps she transferred the healthy skin from her hand to Isabel, and took Isabel's wounded skin?

(:gonk:)

Doubt it if it's still hurting Isabel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If Zarei is snake-spirity then she probably shed some of her own skin onto Isabel.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in twitter shenanigans, a great battle is taking place

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tollymain posted:

oh my gawd

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

:sbahj:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Can someone post a pic? Isn't loading for me

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Did I miss somewhere that Zack isn't posting an update today?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

On Twitter he said he was running late because he was spending time catching up on the previous page.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ah, well at least I can stop :f5: the page for a few hours then.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Wonderslug posted:

I've been operating under the assumption that she's possessed by some kind of snake spirit. No solid reason why, but a) creepy eyes, b) everything about her character design is long and thin, c) her spirit gas is green, d) symbolism.

Interesting theory. I you want to reach, she has a 'hood' and the decorations on her glasses and check pattern on her headscarf both vaguely suggest scales.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Can someone post a pic? Isn't loading for me

Of the Twitter battle?
Allie (@reiley, author of Dead Winter) posted these:

quote:

tch.. I underestimated your power. i'm gonna have to give it everything i've got. haaAAAA

---hhaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH--

i've never battled someone like you.. you've pushed me to the Max; to reveal my true form

Zack's response:

quote:

HMPH YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD but try THIS

(That's a character from Dead Winter, for those who don't follow that comic.)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think you missed the first two-thirds of that exchange, but now I can't find it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The very first pic from Zack is the best one, and is now Allison's twitter icon.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
I have no idea why twitter is being wonky with chronological order. This seemed to have things in the right order though : https://twitter.com/JoyBakerX/status/559909577949724673

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Update.

Oh my goodness, the see-through spirit/ghost cat with the individually catty organs...

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
clearly isaac is going to end up working with doorman. and forge.

and by extension...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Linework and overall art is much more refined in the latest update. I think Zack spent extra extra long on this page.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Paul.Power posted:

Update.

Oh my goodness, the see-through spirit/ghost cat with the individually catty organs...

Wanna pet that ghost

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Wanna pet those ghost organs.

ftfy

Also it appears that house has eyes and a mouth.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo that first panel is amazing. There's so much detail in the house and trees, and then it's covered in unique spirits. That page would be worth a week long wait (and would take me a lifetime to draw anything that looked that good).

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Yeah, I can see why Isaac would be pissed at the situation, poor kid. Do we even know why they keep him in the dark? Are they scared that his spirit will use that information against them? It seemed to not be very fond of the whole organization, but they could at least warn him that that was the reason the withold information from him.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
He doesn't even know the organization exists. He's just suspicious that Mr. Spender takes orders from some higher power, but the poor kid's only guess is, "The government."

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

paradoxGentleman posted:

Yeah, I can see why Isaac would be pissed at the situation, poor kid. Do we even know why they keep him in the dark? Are they scared that his spirit will use that information against them? It seemed to not be very fond of the whole organization, but they could at least warn him that that was the reason the withold information from him.

Yes, and it appears to be exactly because of the spirit possessing him. It seems the storm god is kind of a big deal and they're concerned about letting him know anything at all. Presumably if they told Isaac that that's the reason they won't tell him things he'd just resent them even more for using him as a human spirit-jail and be more open to suggestions from the spirit inside him (or Doorman, for that matter).

I wonder if Max will be able to patch things up with Isaac? He didn't seem wildly interested in being his friend and took to the "don't tell Isaac anything" directive pretty quick, but he may want to ask Isaac for a favor if he still wants to visit his mom's grave.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

He doesn't even know the organization exists. He's just suspicious that Mr. Spender takes orders from some higher power, but the poor kid's only guess is, "The government."

Based on his "oh COME ON I've SEEN all the dudes with weird suits that ride in on the spirit train" he certainly knows there's AN organization. "The government" was Spender's technically accurate ('i am a public school teacher after all') answer to the question.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

paradoxGentleman posted:

They haven't really said but from context it definitely seems to be 'they don't want his spirit to know anything'.

Honestly, Mr. Spender has hinted at that hard enough that Isaac should probably have figured it out already but I think Isaac has pretty much checked out of the mental space of bothering to listen to anything Rick Spender has to say. (not that i can blame him)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's hard, being too Anime. It's hard, and nobody understands

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Tollymain posted:

clearly isaac is going to end up working with doorman. and forge.

and by extension...
The Cool Hair Club will be the best antagonist.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I just noticed that this entire page is slanted, cool.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Ofaloaf posted:

The Cool Hair Club will be the best antagonist.

Now I'm just imagining that when Isaac grows up it will be The Cool Hair Club For Men.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!
Given Isaac's current trajectory I'm starting to wonder if that thing he said about being able to defeat Ed and Isabel was foreshadowing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You were probably wondering it from the start, it's just that now there's more evidence to support the idea. Max vs. Isaac, place your bets here.

The bet was rigged! The real winner will be Johnny.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

"Honestly I'd settle for being the odd kid in, like Ed."
:allears:
Oh Zack, why are you so amazing?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Isaac will eventually turn to the dark side, and since he is almost as anime as Spender, he will start wearing black and acting incredibly over the top evil(putting cats in trees, changing the expiration date on the milk cartons, taking over the school in a rebellion that kills and/or injures many, and staying up past his bedtime)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The bet was rigged! The real winner will be Johnny.

AND EVERYONE READING

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

donges posted:

Given Isaac's current trajectory I'm starting to wonder if that thing he said about being able to defeat Ed and Isabel was foreshadowing.

He's definitely doing something of a villain-pose in this comic. Like a miniature brooding overlord or something.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Isaac's best friend is Doorman, who is allied with Forge, who is possessing Johnny.

Looks like they'll be forming a faction.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
My RSS must have missed a page because until just now I assumed Forge possessing Johnny was fan speculation. Huh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ague Proof posted:

My RSS must have missed a page because until just now I assumed Forge possessing Johnny was fan speculation. Huh.

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=300

That's the page you are looking for.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Dias posted:

It is, also, arguably the best page of Paranatural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dias posted:

And what a page 300 it was. :allears: