Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
It definitely sounds a lot more like Druqks than Syro. Feels like a big experiment. I really dig some parts, and other parts not so much. First track is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Prefer this EP x100000 to Syro. Really great!

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Piano Un10 It Happened is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Aisatsana.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It's a great companion piece for sure. Definitely in the Drukqs vein. I love it, particularly the first and last track. I'd be curious to hear his method on some of this and how much is truly "Computer Controlled".

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Where are you hearing this? I can't find samples anywhere. Unless it's a shh-shh thing in which case I can wait!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
As others have said really good Drukqs-like tracks. ..feels like an expansion of what Kladfvgbung Micshk was getting at.

Much Love :cheers:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

NarkyBark posted:

Where are you hearing this? I can't find samples anywhere. Unless it's a shh-shh thing in which case I can wait!

It's officially out on Friday, but preorders have been arriving to folks and thus it has been leaked. https://bleep.com/release/56481-aphex-twin-computer-controlled-acoustic-instruments-pt2-ep

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

I like it. There's some real good material here, but also experiments that are only worth a couple of listens. I'll shuffle the best stuff into my Syro playlist.

Snar 2 is reeeeeaaallly cool but I'm bummed that he isn't implement it into another song.

Diskhat ALL Prepared1mixed 13 is my favorite song of his modern releases so far. I dream of an album filled with stuff like that and XMD5A.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 21, 2015

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

http://mexicoindie.net/2015/01/stream-aphex-twin-computer-controlled-acoustic-instruments-pt-2-ep/

Here's a stream

It's a great album for beat samples and suchlike

As an album it lives and dies on the concept of controlling acoustic instruments via computer, which it does in a pretty basic way. There are some moment of insane Nancarrow/Cage type poo poo, but really, I would only rate it if he had done some full-blown tracks with the complexity of Analord jams. That would be properly amazing, something like Fenix Funk by with the instruments swapped out for pianos and pitched percussion. As it stands it feels like a kind of a wasted concept

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Also some of the beats are suffocatingly compressed which sucks

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

I agree. Enjoyed listening to the EP a few times but probably won't go back to it much. Feels like his least essential release.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
The first track is well fleshed out but the rest feels like a collection of unfulfilled sketches. It's seems more like a proof of concept. Like, yeah RDJ, it definitely sounds like you can make some interesting music within this framework. Now get to it. I'd be overjoyed if he follows this up with a series of releases of increasing complexity along the same line as Analord.

He put up an unmastered version of the first track on Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames/diskhat-all-prepared1mixed-snr2mix

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening now for the first time. This release isn't half as good as Syro so far, but all the instruments do sound pretty fantastic, especially the drums.

Mutation posted:

Piano Un10 It Happened is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Aisatsana.
Which one is that again? I forgot already.

e: Wait, I got it confused with piano un1 arpeg. Yeah, piano un10 it happened is beautiful.

Goddamn these song titles, though :argh:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 23, 2015

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Some say this might be Aphex: https://soundcloud.com/user487363530

Not sure if that's true but it's reminiscent of old school Aphex and I really like it.

WATMM are pretty convinced. There's stuff in there he played in livesets in recent years. Quite sure it really is him. Awesome tracks!

Ninja fetus fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 26, 2015

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Ninja fetus posted:

Some say this might be Aphex: https://soundcloud.com/user487363530

Not sure if that's true but it's reminiscent of old school Aphex and I really like it.

WATMM are pretty convinced. There's stuff in there he played in livesets in recent years. Quite sure it really is him. Awesome tracks!

Ya im really vibing to these right now!

Stokesy
Nov 26, 2003

G-R-A-S-P
Really liking this stuff. They are still going up, 23 tracks so far.

Edit: lots of references to Cornwall in the artwork and track titles.

Stokesy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 27, 2015

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Someone please grab them before they get taken down again

Stokesy
Nov 26, 2003

G-R-A-S-P
He changed his soundbutt username from user4873635300 to user4873635301.

Still uploading tracks, 40 and counting.

New URL https://soundcloud.com/user4873635301

Edit: now changed to https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001

Stokesy fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 27, 2015

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Everyone's favorites so far? '16 fresher + cleaner' has been repeated a few times.

Stokesy
Nov 26, 2003

G-R-A-S-P

toadee posted:

Everyone's favorites so far? '16 fresher + cleaner' has been repeated a few times.

I really like Sams Car.

The one that has just gone up now is really nice "19 Ssnb".

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
1 Chink 101 Is my favorite so far.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Has anyone catalogued it? There were some that were deleted while new ones were still coming up, so I have no idea what.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Has anyone catalogued it? There were some that were deleted while new ones were still coming up, so I have no idea what.

As far as I know, he's only pulled songs which he then replaced with a different version of the same song.

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I believe I've got most of them, there are 48 so far. WATMM speculates these are in chronological order, going from the start of his career onward. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to unreleased material from the Druqks period.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Up to 51 now. Including a Donkey Rhubarb remix....

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

I wonder if the numbers in front of certain titles indicated that he was trying to actually order these for various unreleased compilations.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I like to think they're the first in a really long series that includes "101 Rainbows"

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

AtomicRust posted:

I believe I've got most of them, there are 48 so far. WATMM speculates these are in chronological order, going from the start of his career onward. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to unreleased material from the Druqks period.

How did that fella get it in his itunes? It's not giving me a download option

EDIT: Started ripping them with SoundDrain, but it's only 128kbps :(

Poppy Nogood fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 28, 2015

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I wish he'd released these as an actual album instead of the one we got with a total of 4 full length songs.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

modestmusashi posted:

How did that fella get it in his itunes? It's not giving me a download option

EDIT: Started ripping them with SoundDrain, but it's only 128kbps :(

Record the output of soundcard into an editor or sequencer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

o.m. 94 posted:

Record the output of soundcard into an editor or sequencer

No reason for that, afaik there's no way to get better sound out of soundcloud than 128kbps since that's what it streams as.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I've downloaded all 59 so far with a Firefox addon. Props to RDJ for releasing this stuff. It's really exciting to hear some of the unused tracks he's always mentioned he has just lying around. Nothing's really grabbed my attention like his best work from that era but even the dullest RDJ is still pretty drat interesting.

19 Ssnb, 14 07 B, and Sams Car are my favorites so far. They remind me most of the great melodic material from SAW 85-92 or Melodies from Mars.

https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/19-ssnb
https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/14-07-b
https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/sams-car
https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/1-chink-101
https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/17-kids-beach

Good poo poo.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
:h: 13 High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig :h:

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Snapchat A Titty posted:

No reason for that, afaik there's no way to get better sound out of soundcloud than 128kbps since that's what it streams as.

Oh, didn't know that. You have to go down to like 96 before I'd start noticing

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

They download pretty quickly on my connection using the soundcloud downloader Chrome extension. Pretty much just scroll through the list clicking download and dont even wait for anything to finish, they get done real quick.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
He's still uploading new ones. There's some really good stuff in there. Really digging 'fork rave'.
edit: One day I'll get really high and just loop '8 Lush Ambulance 2' for a couple of hours..

Ninja fetus fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 28, 2015

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?
81 tracks so far. 6hrs and 25min worth of music. This is insane, especially since we went so long without a single new Aphex tune for so many years.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

14 Moodular Acid [pissflaps mix]

Oh my god. This is the poo poo right here.

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Oh poo poo we're hitting RDJ Album stuff. "26 5" is like alternate universe "4". I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Christ if we're just at the RDJ album we still have 20 years to go

• Locked thread