Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, since this mission is in the final few turns: I've got something in mind for the next mission that should be really fun but will require me to limit the next combat theater vote to a single mission. Should I go through with it, or play things standard and just cross my fingers and hope it gets picked?

I'll be the first of an avalanche of votes for "you pick the fun one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You railroading whore

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Pick the fun one!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, since this mission is in the final few turns: I've got something in mind for the next mission that should be really fun but will require me to limit the next combat theater vote to a single mission. Should I go through with it, or play things standard and just cross my fingers and hope it gets picked?

Run the special fun mission now, so that way we get to see it without missing out on voting for any of the other missions that would have been put up alongside it.

Think of it as a bonus stage or a gaiden chapter that was unlocked via enough of the pirate team meeting their sub-objectives.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

if you go through the trouble of making it, don't let us shoot ourselves in the foot. Just make it the next mission period.

E: It'll be chapter 30x.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 28, 2015

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Choose the fun one!

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yeah, just go with whatever is the most entertaining/enjoyable.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

goatface posted:

You railroading whore

Look at how he flips the script on us after all these years.

I want my money back.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Voting as well for you to follow your heart and run not the mission we deserve, but the mission we need.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
:bandwagon:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
You've been running this thread for literal years. I doubt anyone would begrudge you picking the odd mission that seems like more fun to run.

Having said that, you're going to be hard pressed to top pirate mech mayhem.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
There'll still be a vote too, don't worry.

It's just been a while since we've seen

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Jeremiah Rose? It sure has been a while! :haw:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Death Commandos?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Z the IVth posted:

Death Commandos?

no kidding I wrote those in there as a serious reply before deciding to be a jerk, so great minds? :hfive:

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

I see it is time for the triumphant return of Caesar Steiner Steel Viper!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Bird aliens?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Please be more death commandos, we need more death commandos commandoing death.

The Ultimate mechwarrior's spirit requires it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LeadSled posted:

I see it is time for the triumphant return of Caesar Steiner Steel Viper!

At last, his plan comes to fruition and he turns the Vipers into WiE, gradually assimilating them over the course of fifty years until they are politically, economically and culturally an appendage of the Lyran Commonwealth.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

PoptartsNinja posted:

YAAAAAAY Hastur's back!

Feel free to railroad so long as it's Hastur, I loved that guy.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I'm personally hoping for more Hogarth, honestly. And not just because I was piloting that mission.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
No guys, I'm pretty sure this is foreshadowing Engine Joe's miraculous offscreen recovery.

C'mon Joe, I know you can pull through :ohdear:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
More Solaris? :neckbeard:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

no kidding I wrote those in there as a serious reply before deciding to be a jerk, so great minds? :hfive:

"In 3033, a crack commando unit was sent to invade Jeronimo for a crime they didn't commit. These men backstabbed Clanners and savaged the 1st Kestrel Grenadiers . Today, still wanted by the Draconis Suns they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have an orphanage to burn down, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Death Commandos."

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
These are all great ideas, but I think they would be better combined. Caesar Steiner, Thomas Hogarth, Hastur and cyborg Engine Joe fight in a Solaris match with the prize being a month-long hunting trip to bird alien territory. Halfway through the match is gatecrashed by the Death Commandos and the fighting spills out onto the streets, where a tragic accident results in baby Jeremiah Rose being flattened by an Atlas.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So long as the day is saved at the last minute by the timely intervention of a Luthien office chair, I'm down.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Z the IVth posted:

"In 3033, a crack commando unit was sent to invade Jeronimo for a crime they didn't commit. These men backstabbed Clanners and savaged the 1st Kestrel Grenadiers . Today, still wanted by the Draconis Suns they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have an orphanage to burn down, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Death Commandos."

I would no poo poo watch a series about the Death Commandos as they showed up in that campaign. That was goddamn amazing and the high point of the LP for me so far.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

I would no poo poo watch a series about the Death Commandos as they showed up in that campaign. That was goddamn amazing and the high point of the LP for me so far.

The first wrestling move in the PTN-verse was the Po-Tombstone on the Annihilator from the top of the lava stack. It didn't even have hands!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It was also a series of missions that featured Clanners getting absolutely dunked on despite long odds and all their bullshit, and I'm always up for that. If only the DCs had gotten one more kill and taken them as Bondsmen!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Your thread, your rules, PTN. Roll with it, we trust it will be entertaining.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
More seriously there are a number of people / groups we haven't seen for a while. The last couple of years seem too recent to me, so I doubt it'll be Death Commandos, Hogarth or anyone since then. My money is on Caesar Steiner / the Steel Vipers, but I'd like to know how the Kell Hounds are doing as well.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Voyager I posted:

God just called and he told me he wants to the Piloting 2 Warhammer to jump onto the hill next to the Crab and kick it in the head.

This seems like a dangerous and potentially unwise course of action.

JUSTICE PIRATE FOOT GO

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
Am I the only hoping hoping for the return of the brave little office chair?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

GruntyThrst posted:

This seems like a dangerous and potentially unwise course of action.

JUSTICE PIRATE FOOT GO

The Crab is on a level-1 hill, so you'll just be making a normal attack against its legs. Still worth doing though.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Scintilla posted:

The Crab is on a level-1 hill, so you'll just be making a normal attack against its legs. Still worth doing though.

Ah poo poo, so it is. I dunno, I'll probably just shoot it then. Do more damage that way.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
None of your weapons are leg-mounted, so there's no reason why you can't do both. Either way char-boiling the Crab via infernos would do wonders.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Scintilla posted:

None of your weapons are leg-mounted, so there's no reason why you can't do both. Either way char-boiling the Crab via infernos would do wonders.

Oh, I thought you had to forego all shooting to melee. Well shucks, time to update PTN again.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
1510/1511 are nice spots for melee. Anywhere else and the Crab will be higher than you and you won't be able to kick it. Kicks are great because they carry a -2 modifier and force a piloting check if you hit. The Crab has decent piloting so odds are it won't fall, but it wouldn't be the first time a mech has fallen on its face and died.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

GruntyThrst posted:

Oh, I thought you had to forego all shooting to melee. Well shucks, time to update PTN again.

nope, physical combat and shootymans combat are two distinct phases. I was happy to learn that myself. Shoot a robot and then wrecking ball their face. Or in your case, shoot a robot and then kick it in the face.

As it was explained to me, each turn has 3 phases: Movement, Shooting, and Physical. So move around, shoot weapons, then punch/kick/sword/whip/wreck/etc, always in that order unless you're the Gladiator from earlier in this scenario which could break those rules.

also yes, please hit the Crab with Infernos while you're at it.

PhotoKirk posted:

Am I the only hoping hoping for the return of the brave little office chair?

I want the return of the HVACs. Centralized heating and cooling is the real enemy.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Anyone have access to the 3058 TRO? I've misplaced my copy and I need a little info on a unit that's curiously absent from Solaris Skunk Works.

• Locked thread