Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Awesome thanks both of you! I'll try track them both down but I think it was Dark Omen.

I just remember you'd get a little popup onscreen every time an enemy charged you.

I think you also had a Bright Wizard? It's been a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Two Finger posted:

Bungie are incredible. They've never once done anything revolutionary but everything they've done has been at the very top of its relative genre.
You never played myth 2 w/it's physics engine i guess.
that was a genre defining game. and dwarfish explosives never get old

Project Magma just works, but for online play only http://www.gateofstorms.net/ seems to be active/allows new user creation.

Homeworld HD remakes: I like homeworld 1, and I like homeworld cataclysm. I don't trust gearbox to deliver anything resembling a finished game, so I'm not preordering Homeworld 1 HD.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

last round of lucasarts games released on gog
more star wars stuff, no afterlife.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Shadow of the Horned Rat. It came out in 1995 for PC and was ported to PSX. It's considered Abandoned Ware and a quick google search will bring a possible solution to acquiring it. Getting the game to run on modern systems may prove a little more difficult.

I really felt like I earned the victory in that loving game. It had unforgiving bottlenecks, simply unwinnable battles, and on top of all that bullshit? Permadeath for any unit that was wiped out. (whoops! We closed the gates to Zhufbar before you guys got in, sorrryeeee)

I fired it up again a few years ago and found some new poo poo I'd never seen before. What a great game. Definitely contributed to making me the masochistic-grog-gamer I am today.

I never tried Dark Omen, I should find that one.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
We need to get a good GiP Xbox Live / PSN mega group or whatever like what we have with steam.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I think I'm on our steamgroup as Godholio actually. Look for me genuflecting in the midst of female sanitary products and that's how you know it's me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

We need to get a good GiP Xbox Live / PSN mega group or whatever like what we have with steam.

Me, you, and like two others have an xbox one.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
but xboxone is bad? I don't know why but the cool dudes in games/yospos have deemed it so.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Mom didn't buy them one for Christmas.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

but xboxone is bad? I don't know why but the cool dudes in games/yospos have deemed it so.

it has bad rams(?)

i'd join a PS4 metagroup I suppose.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i would join the steam group but that group image is just too much for me sorry!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

I think I'm on our steamgroup as Godholio actually. Look for me genuflecting in the midst of female sanitary products and that's how you know it's me.

So am I, but my pic is the Bowser tattoo from a WKYK sketch that some idiot actually got.

Also, on xbone now as well.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I'm on Xbone as Two Finger

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ded posted:

i would join the steam group but that group image is just too much for me sorry!

I have to make sure my kid isn't around whenever I open the group. I don't want to have to explain the difference between pre op and post op trannies to him.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I have to make sure my kid isn't around whenever I open the group. I don't want to have to explain the difference between pre op and post op trannies to him.

i bet you they already taught him that poo poo in school

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
Someday i will join a gip gamer platoon. Because this is where i belong. Not amongst the normals.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wish FYAD would never stop probating you.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Tearsaslube posted:

Someday i will join a gip gamer platoon. Because this is where i belong. Not amongst the normals.

has IDR discovered that mentally unstable air force vet is the way to go with respect to people questioning your stories or what

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
Thats the problem. I'm actually the most boring, safe person in the entire world. I just play schizo jihadist on the internet because i think its funny to see people react.

Seriously. Lemme know if you're homeless in the pac nw. I will feed and cloth you, fag

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 28, 2015

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Tearsaslube posted:

Thats the problem. I'm actually the most boring, safe person in the entire world. I just play schizo jihadist on the internet because i think its funny to see people react.

Seriously. Lemme know if you're homeless in the pac nw. I will feed and cloth you, fag
lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Considering a move the PNW based on that offer.

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
Do it dude. I need a wingman to troll for easy beezies

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

Considering a move the PNW based on that offer.

is the beer there as good as east coast

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
Just micro brew hippie poo poo. Hoppie as gently caress, but it'll get you drunk real quick. I also know a gal who carries hitlers finest in the form of mint schnapps. 100 proof. Its loving sinful

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Two Finger posted:

is the beer there as good as east coast

People in the PNW think it is.

But then they also came up with Starbucks coffee.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
What are some good multiplayer PS4 games out right now?

Destiny's flaws are too great for me to handle anymore so I haven't played that in a month. Thinking about just going and getting BF4 for solid squad play unless anyone has other recommendations. I stand behind BF4 GiP squadplay

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
suck my dick from the back, love my hippie microbrews and a million different coffee shops. starbucks is meh, but we invented basically naked girls serving coffee goddamn it

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Starbucks is some kind of sugary asswater.

Bikini baristas are loving awesome. Turns out the coffee is really good too, my favourite being the ones that have the shacks painted up like cows.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For some reason the slut hut concept never really took off outside of Washington as far as I know

Starbucks tastes burnt and microbrews are good, but they're like 80% ipa's and sometimes I just want a larger that wasn't made with rice

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 28, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm just upset that the ones that went the Idiocracy route of "extra foamy" got shut down.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The microbrews in Southern AZ specialize in amber ales and pilsners, but the best one I've had was a Hefenweisen.

IPAs are garbage beer for garbage people

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

preach

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
IPAs are the beer you sip and wonder if someone just tried to sell you and alcoholic troon's crotch sweat. Unsurprisingly, the people who actually enjoy it are the ones you'd expect to have very warm and fuzzy memories of chowing down on a xer's mutilated nether regions after downing 5 poorly made Manhattans after an afternoon spent shopping for free-trade flannel Prius seat covers while listening to podcasts about frisbee golf.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ground forces in warthunder have vastly improved. Sherman tanks own.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Booblord Zagats posted:

IPAs are the beer you sip and wonder if someone just tried to sell you and alcoholic troon's crotch sweat. Unsurprisingly, the people who actually enjoy it are the ones you'd expect to have very warm and fuzzy memories of chowing down on a xer's mutilated nether regions after downing 5 poorly made Manhattans after an afternoon spent shopping for free-trade flannel Prius seat covers while listening to podcasts about frisbee golf.

I wonder how much pain, and shame, there is in your eyes.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Booblord Zagats posted:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Booblord Zagats posted:

I don't hate IPAs that much but admit that over the last decade, the micro brew market has become absolutely saturated with them. EXTREME HOPS!!!111 novelty wore off a long time ago. I like a nice Blonde Ale on a warm day but I will drink whatever is free since after 3 it doesn't matter anymore. Also, cheap mexican beer isn't as cheap anymore. Remember when Pacifico was the Natural Lite of mexican swill? Now it's as expensive as Corona.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mike-o posted:

but we invented basically naked girls serving coffee goddamn it

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
some wear bikinis but a lot of them just pasties and panties like this: