Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Clones were up by double digits with 3 minutes to go so I went to bed. I wake up and see they barely won, good job guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

how the gently caress does ISU have such a big basketball fan base here

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Jastiger posted:

What the gently caress is this magic 3 point thing with Texas. They've made like 6 straight or some poo poo.

They made 10/14 threes in the second half :aaaaa:

Normally I dislike it when people attribute such things to luck (numerous teams have shot well from 3 against ISU lately which is more indicative of poor D than luck in my opinion), but most college players couldn't make 10/14 threes in an open gym.

Ungratek posted:

how the gently caress does ISU have such a big basketball fan base here

There's only like two or three longtime fans to my knowledge. They're a fun team to watch and got some good pub last year so I think more people are aware of us now.

Ross fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 27, 2015

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hoiberg seems like a likable guy. That's enough for me to pick who I want to root for in a conference I don't otherwise care about.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
But it IS true...I think me, Melt, Thoguh actually went to ISU. And we're vocal about our support :)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It's also nice now that even more games are on TV. I moved back to Chicago right after school, and since it was Big 10 country, the only times I ever got to see ISU play was against Kansas because Kansas was a big draw, or if they managed to play a Big 10 team. Now nearly every game ISU played this year is on some sort of ESPN channel. Makes it easier to comment now that I can actually see the games instead of just looking up box scores.

Edit: Also, Hoiberg is super likable, and the team has improved pretty much every year under him. So is a cascade of enthusiasm for the team. Especially when the football team is going in the opposite direction.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There are a lot of KU fans here too, which is good since we're the only ones who want to see Self break the conference streak record.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

that's not good at all!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SA is based in Kansas City, there have always been a lot of KC fans, deal with it.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Please don't let WVU's press destroy K-State as much as I think it will, college basketball god

E: alright, a technical 17 seconds into the game. hmmmmm

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Jastiger posted:

But it IS true...I think me, Melt, Thoguh actually went to ISU. And we're vocal about our support :)

me four

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
I grew up in Ames and went to ISU.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i think kansas state is actually good (since they barely beat baylor)

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Kansas State lost to a SEC team not Kentucky so I'm not sure I can believe you.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

vikingstrike posted:

Kansas State lost to a SEC team not Kentucky so I'm not sure I can believe you.

that was early before they clicked, now theyre pretty good (beat Baylor, beat OU, beating WVU) and they beat A&M for fun gently caress A&M

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

anne frank fanfic posted:

i think kansas state is actually good (since they barely beat baylor)

Kinda struggling right now without Nino Williams. Thankfully WVU can't really shoot tonight.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

that was early before they clicked, now theyre pretty good (beat Baylor, beat OU, beating WVU) and they beat A&M for fun gently caress A&M

It was like the last OOC game for both teams so it really wasn't that early in the season.

Maybe UGA is better than I give them credit for. God, I'm a fan and I'm so hard on them. I guess I still have issues with when Dennis Felton was here in Athens. They're up m Vandy at home right now and if the don't blow it in the last minutes of the Arkansas and LSU games they would be at the top of the conference with Kentucky.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

vikingstrike posted:

It was like the last OOC game for both teams so it really wasn't that early in the season.

Maybe UGA is better than I give them credit for. God, I'm a fan and I'm so hard on them. I guess I still have issues with when Dennis Felton was here in Athens. They're up m Vandy at home right now and if the don't blow it in the last minutes of the Arkansas and LSU games they would be at the top of the conference with Kentucky.

Georgia is the second-best team in the SEC, for whatever that's worth. (Bearing in mind that the Kenpom all-SEC team at this point is five Kentucky players.)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What happened to Florida? I haven't been keeping up with them. KU fans wanted Chris Walker really bad at one point but as I understand it after a year and a half he still isn't starting? And hasn't scored in double figures in conference play?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
hmm yes dave rice is the next coach k thank you local media

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tulsa wins at Tulane to go 8-0 in the AAC. Again, still a very back-loaded schedule, but they've got two more easily winnable games, then 6 of the last 8 are against kenpom top-100 teams.

I dunno, I still don't like Haith as a hire, but feel pretty lovely criticizing him for the SE Okla St loss after finding out about his family issues around that time. The real test will be recruiting for future years at a small school with fairly strict academic standards, but for this year at least he's doing all that can be expected to position them for a run at the AAC title.

edit: congrats VT for getting off the schneid

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 28, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

hmm yes dave rice is the next coach k thank you local media

game hasn't even started and they're doing a lot of damage control :what:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
EAT.
poo poo.
PITT.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Cinmeon Bowers is absurdly fun to watch, like a Barkley Jr., but it's baffling that Pearl gives him so much license to run the floor on the break.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Won't be surprised if we find a way to blow a 35-22 halftime lead.

Poop year.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ross posted:

I grew up in Ames and went to ISU.

... Coach?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

Won't be surprised if we find a way to blow a 35-22 halftime lead.

Poop year.

lol 39-34

This team...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

And like clockwork our leading scorer leaves the game with a bloody nose hahaha

39-36 and no Eli Carter

11-2 run by Bama

Edit: tie game

Ehud fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 28, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Things are going ok for UNLV so far, but I don't think they're up enough to withstand their usual start of the second half slump

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
baylor sucks i hope they can beat texas on sat

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

UNR getting that 3 at the end of the half scares me :sigh:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

baylor sucks i hope they can beat texas on sat

Pretty sure Baylor isn't even going to make the NCAA tournament, sorry aff.

fake edit: 4-7 from here on, finish 19-12 (7-11)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

thankfully unr is so bad that unlv wins

that was our first road win lol

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Pretty sure Baylor isn't even going to make the NCAA tournament, sorry aff.

fake edit: 4-7 from here on, finish 19-12 (7-11)

That would fit the pattern but theyre already way ahead of where they were last year at this time. They dont need a huge winning streak. But yeah they suck a bit more this year and havent gotten the big recruits like they did the past few years so well see.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
it's purdue/iu day and the guy i hired in july that sits next to me graduated from iu and we will be sitting here together at work watching the game and i'm all like :ohdear:

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

That shot in the Duke/Notre Dame game. 8 feet beyond the arc. :eyepop:

_Loser_
Dec 8, 2005

Gaymu for Teemu
I must have hesitated 0.1µs too long on the stubhub page when a single lower level seat in Mackey showed up for $70. :(

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

Thoguh posted:

... Coach?

No but he used to shoot baskets on the court in my backyard when he was young! Or the court at the house I grew up in, rather (we didn't live there at the time).

The coaches I've seen at ISU are Johnny Orr, Tim Floyd, Larry Eustachy :getin:, Wayne Morgan :barf:, Greg McDermott :barf:, and Fred.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Man, I am so loving tired of watching this team lose close games. Two blowout losses this year and the rest have been by less than 10 points and came down to the final seconds. The basketball gods owe us big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Drake might win a road game! Exciting times!

• Locked thread