Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Lemming posted:

If you hadn't spent so much time on a show-version of your post, you could have shipped your real post out earlier.

I hope Splatoon has local co-op so I can still play it with friends when the online community dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

I hope Splatoon has local co-op so I can still play it with friends when the online community dies
There are like 4 online games on the Wii U so maybe it'll stick around for awhile. Kid Icarus and Sub Wars both still have people playing online too, somehow...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

homeless snail posted:

There are like 4 online games on the Wii U so maybe it'll stick around for awhile. Kid Icarus and Sub Wars both still have people playing online too, somehow...

Yeah but they're gonna pull the online someday, I wanna play this 6 years from now

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I've come to prefer the layout of the regular Wii U gamepad to the Pro. Having both sticks in the upper position with that shape is like what the hell were they even thinking.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Fremry posted:

The Pro controller works off of a USB wall charger even when the console is off. Ironically, this is one of my favorite things about the Pro controller, because neither the PS3 controller nor the XBOX 360 controller can do that. It's the only controller I have other than the gamepad that I can plug into the wall and have it charge.

ps4 controller charges with my phone charger

Looper posted:

Look man I'm happy people are buying Platinum games but uhhh

i know more about videogames than anyone on this forum, i know what im doing

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah but they're gonna pull the online someday, I wanna play this 6 years from now

Splatoon: Modern Art Warfare will be out by then.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

KennyMan666 posted:

I've come to prefer the layout of the regular Wii U gamepad to the Pro. Having both sticks in the upper position with that shape is like what the hell were they even thinking.

They were thinking it's comfortable, and it is.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Do we know what Wii games are launching after the Metroid Trilogy (avail. tomorrow)? There are so many Wii titles I'd like to see.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's probably going to be a lot like Virtual Console games, where we rarely find out in advance.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
With a lot of random forgotten third party games mixed in.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Nolgthorn posted:

Do we know what Wii games are launching after the Metroid Trilogy (avail. tomorrow)? There are so many Wii titles I'd like to see.

There are no exact dates but games confirmed coming "soon" in JP/PAL include Kirby's Adventure Wii, , Punch-Out, Sin & Punishment and Pandora's Tower.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a Wario game on Wii U.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

I said come in! posted:

same

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Twat McTwatterson posted:

i know more about videogames than anyone on this forum, i know what im doing

Play bayonetta. Play it on easy. Play it with the dumbed-down touchscreen controls. But play Bayonetta.

Or at least watch an LP because it's great and you need to experience it

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Are older eshop games still giving club nintendo coins?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

TenaciousJ posted:

Are older eshop games still giving club nintendo coins?

They should, the said anything released before 1/20 still gives coins. You have until 3/31 to redeem them for coins.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

?

?????

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I would love a Wii U game with Wario as well, more similar to something like Wario World from the GC. Will ever get another Wario platformer though?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I forgot Nintendo's "Who Are You?" campaign. It was so weird.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Right, which is why I said PS3. I don't own a PS4.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
My handheld camera has a crazy looking usb connector.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

They should port that Virtual Boy Wario game to the 3DS, so I can play it without buying a Virtual Boy.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
The Virtual Boy is cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

They should port that Virtual Boy Wario game to the 3DS, so I can play it without buying a Virtual Boy.

Doesn't Nintendo refuse to acknowledge that system?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

absolutely anything posted:

The Virtual Boy is cool.

It is, but also terrible at the same time. I almost kind of want one because it's so drat weird.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

I said come in! posted:

You can also get a virtual boy hat for your Mii

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I want a real Wario adventure game, not Wario Ware.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Ha, you're implying Game & Wario is an actual Wario Ware game. I wish it was a proper Wario Ware game and not the tech demo collection we got.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

It is, but also terrible at the same time. I almost kind of want one because it's so drat weird.

My X-Man power is that it doesn't hurt me so I get to play it with none of the downsides. Wario Land is cool. Teleroboxer is cool. Galactic Pinball is cool.

Macaluso posted:

Not wanting Warioware, for any reason, should be a crime punishable by death.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sade posted:

You can also get a virtual boy hat for your Mii

Also, some of the Remix levels in NES remix alternate between a Gameboy-esque B&W filter and a Virtual Boy-esque red/black filter.

Nero Deus
Feb 15, 2006

High Ranking Evil Deity

loudog999 posted:

I am not sure why, but I have never played Super Punchout. How does it compare to the Wii release? I am having fun with the Wii one but hate having to use the Wii remote, even sideways I hate it.

The main difference is the super meter, which fills as you land puches and will let you wail on someone with super punches until you mess up.

I would suggest every Punch-Out!! to everyone though. Just picked up the Wii version for the first time in this promotion. I am getting some real time in with Sandman right now and loving it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bound High is the best VB game and it wasn't even officially released.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

WarioWare Twisted should totally be the next GBA release.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Is there a WarioWare game for 3DS? If so then all we need is that drat 3DS Player cmon Nintendo make this happen now

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
WarioWare is one of the few regular franchises not represented on 3DS.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

This would be so good on the tablet I can't believe it hasn't been done already.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I was thinking about it a while back, the Wii U can actually handle every input in the history of the Warioware series (gamepad buttons for the original, touch screen for touched/diy, gyro for twisted, wii remote for smooth moves and the gamepad camera for snapped). So ever since I've been waiting for some Ultimate Warioware Collection or something that will never come.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

loudog999 posted:

I am not sure why, but I have never played Super Punchout. How does it compare to the Wii release? I am having fun with the Wii one but hate having to use the Wii remote, even sideways I hate it.

I haven't beaten it yet, but the main differences that I can remember are the Super Meter instead of Star Punches (it fills as you beat your opponents and once it is full you can do special punches); the fact that there's a block for the head and a different one for the body; and that you can make your opponents dizzy, which leaves them vulnerable (though I forgot exactly how it works).

It's really fun, though! I think you could enjoy it a lot.

Though, like someone mentioned before, I think it's biggest weakness is that the opponents are fun but nowhere near as endearing and memorable as the ones from the NES/Wii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My first major accomplishment in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I cut off his tail and skinned it right in front of him.

Take that you stupid lizard.

• Locked thread