Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Revolver Bunker posted:

What are people's opinions on Brainstorm? Is he too fragile to transform back and forth with?

Mine is pretty solid, I was hesitant about the neck joint at first but it seems fine.

I would say he's right up there with Springer and Sandstorm as far as Generations updates go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like he's good with a few issues here and there. I went ahead and ordered him. I like his arwing alt mode too much.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

My Takara version has survived one transformation so far, although the plastic feels thinner and less rigid than usual for some reason (something I've also noticed on the Aerialbot's legs. Did they switch factories again?).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

TheDK posted:

He does have floppy wrists

I've been thinking about it for a while and I still can't figure out how to fix this. Has anyone found a way?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I've been thinking about it for a while and I still can't figure out how to fix this. Has anyone found a way?

Floor polish with Future, such as Pledge. Get some on a toothpick and work it into the joint, allowing it to harden.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

Floor polish with Future, such as Pledge. Get some on a toothpick and work it into the joint, allowing it to harden.

Yeah, floor wax is great and it doesn't damage anything. Pretty hard to do it wrong.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Spiderdrake posted:

You know Lockdown was in MTMTE issues I know you own, right?

If you don't know that, then well, owned.
Yes, but I don't have my RTS Lockdown handy. Owned. :smug:

Revolver Bunker posted:

What are people's opinions on Brainstorm? Is he too fragile to transform back and forth with?
Not at all, I got mine in the mail from HTS on Friday and I've been transforming him back and forth all weekend. He's cool and I like him, and I never feel like he's on the verge of breaking or anything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The only thing brainstorm has broken was my wallet, for now I must purchase all of his upcoming friends.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

The only thing brainstorm has broken was my wallet, for now I must purchase all of his upcoming friends.
Yeah I'm sure legendary rake rodimus and combiner limb first aid will break the bank

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah I'm sure legendary rake rodimus and combiner limb first aid will break the bank

I don't even own Superion or Optimus yet. None of the stores around here have them.

Also Menasor too.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

I would say he's right up there with Springer and Sandstorm as far as Generations updates go.

Meh, Springer is a drat near perfect toy, Brainstorm is not at that level. He's good, but he has more faults then Springer, and most of those are at a technical level that Hasbro should have been able to fix. The neck joint being to tight is a major issue, and really could have been checked with some QC.

Also I have only seen Chromia and Dragstrip from the new waves, both are really good.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Rodimus as a legend had better not push off a proper deluxe MTMTE-style deluxe. I mean, if characters like Scoop and the MiniCon 3 pack can warrant new molds, I want my drat Ratchet, Rodimus, and Rung.

Brainstorm looks and feels great, in my opinion. His neck joint is worrisome, but otherwise mine has zero QC issues and I'd definitely set him on the level of Sandstorm/Springer. The only thing giving them the edge would be the solid triple-changing and the bit of extra cool engineering it provides them. He was only $20 on HTS when I got him, so throwing him in on top of Silverbolt and Prime knocked me into 'free shipping' range...so I wound up paying like $10 for him. Also, I guess the free shipping is express shipping because I got the box 2 days later.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Rung, though? He turns into an ornament.

Wait till around Christmas time.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't even own Superion or Optimus yet. None of the stores around here have them.

Also Menasor too.

Same. The Targets around here are still stuck on the last few Centuritrons and Tankors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Meh, Springer is a drat near perfect toy, Brainstorm is not at that level. He's good, but he has more faults then Springer, and most of those are at a technical level that Hasbro should have been able to fix. The neck joint being to tight is a major issue, and really could have been checked with some QC.

I sill think Sandstorm is the superior version of the mold.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Titan Devastator and TRU release MP Bluestreek sighted at Nurmberg Toyfair.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Fuckin Devastator side-boob. Give me full green and purple nip!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheDK posted:

Dude, it exists. Be happy. It's inevitable that full pics will be up soon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

hnnnnnggg

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

This bothers me about the various Toy Fairs. At the London one, companies either don't show up, or everything is super top secret in hidden rooms. Nuremberg has a few releases, but stuff gets teased like this, and then when NYC finally rolls around, it's all revealed to everyone.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

TheDK posted:

BRING IT!

Nothing can withstand the might of DEVASTATOR!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The two boxes on the shelves have purple symbols so I assume those are Decepticons. Blue streak up top and whatever that is on the floor are red Autobot. So by that logic the big box to the left of Devastators stand, looks like a 6 bot pack? Red Autobot symbol and six circles, could be the individual shots of the bots. Think it's Combiner set or like one of those packs you see at Target?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
haha, You can clearly see that Scrapper is Devastator's foot.

I forget where I saw it, but a couple people either here or elsewhere were expecting hasbro's huge expensive figure that sells itself through nostalgia to be prowlvestator or reflect scrappers death or something? eh, nah.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

My Sandstorm is pretty assy in terms of joint tightness, whereas my Springer was nearly perfect except for one foot rotator.

Also oh mein gott Titanstator is the size of that man's thorax.

Unboxed Chromia last night; she's again pretty great, but I was expecting that. I'm glad I got her version of the mold instead of PRID Arcee, because FE Arcee was excellent. Clear heels/rear wheel hub troubles me. I like the little shotgun. Poseability's near excellent when the butt cover/bike "seat" isn't lowered. Strangely, her, uh, "presence" doesn't really match the character. Maybe it's cause she's a remold of a a toy from the smaller deluxes era, but comics Chromia comes across as a bit of a bruiser, and her toy version feels a bit dainty for that.

But then, I feel the same way about Arcee and her face sculpt. Body's great, feels expressive, face is just sort of sweet and bland, like a pink arrowroot cookie. Windblade's good, though I guess I would have preferred the Sarah Stone face deco from the Takara version.

From this box, just Crosscut left, and I have a pretty good idea what he's like given I already have Skids. His head, though. SO red. Like show-and-shine-down-at-the-A&W red. So far Jetfire's the favorite, but I think that was happening anyway. His transformation is pretty awesome.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Chromia is from a colony where they (I believe) disdain the usage of firearms, leading to her to train and fight with a hulking halberd. Hasbro, reading this, decided to put her second gun in the box with Arcee, but left it on the packaging anyway.

Jokes aside I think if she had her properly scaled melee weapon it would help a little with how she looks presence-wise.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

An Angry Bug posted:

Same. The Targets around here are still stuck on the last few Centuritrons and Tankors.

If anyone wants to hook me up with a Drag Strip I'd be much obliged. All my local TRUs, Walmarts, and Targets have nothing, and neither BBTS nor HTS have him for order separately. I don't want to resort to bullshit eBay scalpers if I can avoid it.

Rhyno posted:

Seconding that. Springer is great, but Sandstorm is fantastic.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just wait, we'll be swimming in Drag Strips in the next few months.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Rhyno posted:

Sandstorm is great, but the giant wheel backpack makes him a little too heavy, which limits his poseability compared to Springer.

E:
Also Springer has a sword and a way better gun.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Agh, I suddenly full on want a Perfect Effect Aranea, but everywhere is out of stock. Any one know any stores in the US that have her?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

Just wait, we'll be swimming in Drag Strips in the next few months.

I can't wait I've got the yellow fever!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well over a month since the last issue of MTMTE :smith:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DrChud posted:

The two boxes on the shelves have purple symbols so I assume those are Decepticons. Blue streak up top and whatever that is on the floor are red Autobot. So by that logic the big box to the left of Devastators stand, looks like a 6 bot pack? Red Autobot symbol and six circles, could be the individual shots of the bots. Think it's Combiner set or like one of those packs you see at Target?

The big box is Devastator's box. His picture is on the side (it's upside down).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just figured out that Scourge's guns store in his wings! WIthout instructions! I feel like a genius!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So that box that's laying on the ground to it's side(not the Devastator Box) is no known transformer.

People were doing CSI levels of photoshop to zoom in and enhance. And now everyone is yelling at each other over what it is. The three guesses that seem the most prominent are a Dinobot, Scattorshot or Omega Supreme.

I really don't like these Nuremberg trials.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

So that box that's laying on the ground to it's side(not the Devastator Box) is no known transformer.

People were doing CSI levels of photoshop to zoom in and enhance. And now everyone is yelling at each other over what it is. The three guesses that seem the most prominent are a Dinobot, Scattorshot or Omega Supreme.

I really don't like these Nuremberg trials.

am i going crazy or have i read this exact post before, like, months ago???

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TFW just updated with this:

quote:

UPDATE: A user from 4chan who reportedly attended the Toy Fair has posted some details of the figure. Check it out after the break!

4chan details:

"The head was boxy, but not in a bad way. Very G1 toy/animation model. Red eyes, on a simple pivot.

Forearms were entirely black, you can see that in the picture. The fingers were on a single hinge, thumb was fixed. There appeared to be some sort of transformation with the forearms, but it was hard to tell exactly what they did. I'm pretty sure they're separate pieces from the figures, so they're not integrated into Bonecrusher/Scavenger.

Chest had the big purple wing piece, just like G1 but bigger. It had some silver and red details on it, which you can just barely make out in the photo.

The feet were straight up G1. Scrapper forms the foot pretty much the same way as the original toy, with his arms as the heels and the bucket as the toe. The big departure is Mixmaster, he still forms the foot pretty much the same as G1, with the cement drum as the shin, but the foot of the combined mode is the rear of the cement truck instead of the cab.

No Prowl on display, and the combined mode wasn't scramble city type, so I don't know how they would add a Prowl if they wanted. Hook was folded in half and sitting on top of Long Haul just like G1."

I'd take it with a massive grain of salt, but nice if true. I think Seibertron also has a picture that shows a bit more of the figure. but still blurry and bald man-covered.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 29, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's the same picture. They're also offering $50 for a clear picture so they can have the exclusive first look.

Edit: Ah, they have the next pic on their story as well. Both have been up on Facebook for hours.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ah, it's a bummer that the forearms don't seem to be integrated. I'm a big fan of the Hercules arm-scheme. Oh well. I just hope the combined mode and individual robots are all well-enough articulated and fun to transform and combine.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Ah, it's a bummer that the forearms don't seem to be integrated. I'm a big fan of the Hercules arm-scheme. Oh well. I just hope the combined mode and individual robots are all well-enough articulated and fun to transform and combine.

The combiner arms probably detach for the very reason of giving the figures extra mobility so they don't need to make room for an arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why was it even a thought that Prowl was going to be a part of Devastator?