Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I've been leveling on a 100ish doc lately and so far I've been surprised how many people there still are around those levels. The exping spots in elysium, namely tiigs and hecks, are relatively populated. Couple days ago tiigs was so crowded that I dragged the team to the spiders at cold rock instead. Was like 3 groups there. Heckler groups have been very easy to find also. And surprisingly enough, none of the teams I've been to so far have been "pocket / OST" groups. Just normal tank+healer+derps teams.

Also pro-tip if anyone is planning on a tank character. This dude I was teaming with yesterday was pulling hecklers with aggression multiplier instead of body pulling, and it worked magically. He could pick anything out of a crowd with it and none of the other hecks would come. All these years and I've never seen anyone else do that nor knew it would work. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

I've been leveling on a 100ish doc lately and so far I've been surprised how many people there still are around those levels. The exping spots in elysium, namely tiigs and hecks, are relatively populated. Couple days ago tiigs was so crowded that I dragged the team to the spiders at cold rock instead. Was like 3 groups there. Heckler groups have been very easy to find also. And surprisingly enough, none of the teams I've been to so far have been "pocket / OST" groups. Just normal tank+healer+derps teams.

Also pro-tip if anyone is planning on a tank character. This dude I was teaming with yesterday was pulling hecklers with aggression multiplier instead of body pulling, and it worked magically. He could pick anything out of a crowd with it and none of the other hecks would come. All these years and I've never seen anyone else do that nor knew it would work. :what:

Reading the description, it shouldn't work... "The target must be in combat". So you would have to have already angered it someway.... right?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Floob posted:

Reading the description, it shouldn't work... "The target must be in combat". So you would have to have already angered it someway.... right?

~ao mechanics~

Maybe it just refers to the taunt portion? Because the hecklers that came at him had literally nothing for aggro. If anyone but tank even sneezed they'd get a faceful of dongs from the heckler. But that was definitely the thing he used to initiate the pulls.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Honestly shocked at the amount of attention this thread has been getting over the past week. I recently rolled a neut. Atrox bureaucrat (for fun, you see) on my fr00b account and got him up to lvl 25. I found a friendly dude who was willing to hand me 1m creds and twink me into a set of ql50 implants and a full set of carbonum armor. I am wrecking poo poo in the subways and am now ready to start running ToTW. Is GoonCorp officially defunct? If not, let's get this ball rolling again.

Yes, you can still play this bad game for free.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Helmholz posted:

Is GoonCorp officially defunct? If not, let's get this ball rolling again.

I was in GoonCorp a few years before I left about two years ago and it was as dead as it gets. City popped too since there was no one to pay for it. But you can really just treat the goonbot as guild. Only reason ever to have a proper guild would be to have a city for alien raids and some buffs, but I don't see any goons lining up to pay for that. Especially since it'll probably be a month and we're all gone again.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Helmholz posted:

Honestly shocked at the amount of attention this thread has been getting over the past week. I recently rolled a neut. Atrox bureaucrat (for fun, you see) on my fr00b account and got him up to lvl 25. I found a friendly dude who was willing to hand me 1m creds and twink me into a set of ql50 implants and a full set of carbonum armor. I am wrecking poo poo in the subways and am now ready to start running ToTW. Is GoonCorp officially defunct? If not, let's get this ball rolling again.

Yes, you can still play this bad game for free.

You should definitely join goonbot if you have not. I think the biggest reason we haven't tried to setup an org is the different sides we all tend to be on. We seem to have a 50/50 OT/Clan or close split to side affiliation...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
grumps is the shiznit

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

killstealing posted:

grumps is poo poo

:agreed:

But he's trox, less than zero fucks are given.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
Did the engine update ever release for this?

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Ryen Deckard posted:

No... but one day :negative:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Ryen Deckard posted:

They made the grass greener that one time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The game is so dated graphics can't fix it. I went to the omni trade district last night just to see it again. Holy poo poo it was empty this zone used to always been packed.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

The game is so dated graphics can't fix it. I went to the omni trade district last night just to see it again. Holy poo poo it was empty this zone used to always been packed.

Maybe it was post server restart? Omni trade around the grid access has usually 20+ people sitting around it.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Borealis is the hangout zone now.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

:siren:

My doc is extremely likely hitting 140 this week. That means next weekend I'm hauling rear end to adonis and doing the brain quest line. If anyone 140+ wants to come along, honk and let me know what times suit you. Quest will probably take around 2-5 hours, depending on luck and how my memory works.

Quest rewards are all spec3 books, tier 2 glyph, a very good low level ncu (ql160 yutto) and the brain itself which is of varying usefulness. Some brains are meh and some are really goddamned good. I still use my fixers brain at 220 because it has smg and fa skills on it.

Ryen Deckard posted:

Any day now. Any day. :allears:

Though, I feel AO will lose a little of its charm when my characters head stops looking like a bucket.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

:siren:

My doc is extremely likely hitting 140 this week. That means next weekend I'm hauling rear end to adonis and doing the brain quest line. If anyone 140+ wants to come along, honk and let me know what times suit you. Quest will probably take around 2-5 hours, depending on luck and how my memory works.

Quest rewards are all spec3 books, tier 2 glyph, a very good low level ncu (ql160 yutto) and the brain itself which is of varying usefulness. Some brains are meh and some are really goddamned good. I still use my fixers brain at 220 because it has smg and fa skills on it.

Any day now. Any day. :allears:

Though, I feel AO will lose a little of its charm when my characters head stops looking like a bucket.

I don't even know how to get to Adonis anymore, so if you'll have me, I can take my likely level 190 MA with you.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I've done the quest on Keelroy and it was so annoying. Sure, I'll do it again.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Which orgs are you fellas in, and may I join you?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Floob posted:

I don't even know how to get to Adonis anymore, so if you'll have me, I can take my likely level 190 MA with you.

I don't know who / what side you are on but I totally forgot there are sided mobs and one dungeon in the quest. So for now the offer is only up for omnis (and neuts!) :saddowns:

The easier sided part is probably soloable by anyone but the sided dungeon boss is a serious undercon and pretty tough.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 27, 2015

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

I don't know who / what side you are on but I totally forgot there are sided mobs and one dungeon in the quest. So for now the offer is only up for omnis (and neuts!) :saddowns:

The easier sided part is probably soloable by anyone but the sided dungeon boss is a serious undercon and pretty tough.

Corporate scum :ughh:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

Sorry dude 1800 clan tokens say "no thanks"

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

14 years in the making and I can still just jump through the ceiling.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Floob posted:

Corporate scum :ughh:

There's a dotted line just waiting for you to plonk your name on it. You too could be successful. Hot water, bidets, women that don't look like bears. Think about it.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

killstealing posted:

Sorry dude 1800 clan tokens say "no thanks"

This! I did a mad dash to get the top token board a couple years back, and I am in love with it :) I also just bought the new board that subs get to use.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Floob posted:

This! I did a mad dash to get the top token board a couple years back, and I am in love with it :) I also just bought the new board that subs get to use.

Oh God this brings back to many painful memories. Back in the day I used to do these token board binge weekends at level 100. It involved a lot of music and running BS missions for 1k token board over one weekend :suicide:

Now I don't care any more. Daily quests give good tokens and those seriously pile up over time. My fixer has thousands upon thousands of useless tokens. I'll just let them accumulate slowly over time now, and if I for some reason need to desperately buff complit or whatever, there's always the cyborg token board and such.

Also, what new board are you talking about?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I might actually reinstall this game this week to dick around and give goons whatever fortune i might have, make a new character, wonder why I'm playing this poo poo, and then uninstall.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

When I was looking at a general store and selling off some crap I noticed that there were two token boards. They had the original one and there was another that looked a little different and had better stats. Sure enough I was able to buy it and wear it, and when clicked it was instantly brought up to whatever number of tokens I had. I will have to check it out further when I get home...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

Oh God this brings back to many painful memories. Back in the day I used to do these token board binge weekends at level 100. It involved a lot of music and running BS missions for 1k token board over one weekend :suicide:

Now I don't care any more. Daily quests give good tokens and those seriously pile up over time. My fixer has thousands upon thousands of useless tokens. I'll just let them accumulate slowly over time now, and if I for some reason need to desperately buff complit or whatever, there's always the cyborg token board and such.

If your board looks flat and old you can right-click it to get the new 3d paid token board that gives better everything

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

killstealing posted:

If your board looks flat and old you can right-click it to get the new 3d paid token board that gives better everything

How does this token board work? How do you get tokens from missions? I also have a problem that the game crashs all the time.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Tenzarin posted:

How does this token board work? How do you get tokens from missions? I also have a problem that the game crashs all the time.

Kill enemies inside a mission, the more you kill the more chance you have at a token (you get a prompt if you kill >half that goes up with each next one). Rightclick the token and you get tokens added to your board equivalent to your title level.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
And I found out tonight that I have had Penumbra access for years and forgot, and I even have a permanent glithgar garden key for Adonis... I could not find any Heckler teams, so I am working on my inferno access right now.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
You want the tokens because after certain numbers of them, you can upgrade your tokenboard by rightlicking it and get upgraded stats. The board itself is worn in the Neck slot. The stats start getting crazy at 1000 tokens, where you get +950 health/nano and +210 runspeed/comp literacy/nano programming, but that is going to take a whole lot of missions.

Do you get any error message or logs on your crash? I haven't had any crashes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It crashes as soon as I log in. Also I'm playing in a border less window.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

MrBims posted:

You want the tokens because after certain numbers of them, you can upgrade your tokenboard by rightlicking it and get upgraded stats. The board itself is worn in the Neck slot. The stats start getting crazy at 1000 tokens, where you get +950 health/nano and +210 runspeed/comp literacy/nano programming, but that is going to take a whole lot of missions.

Do you get any error message or logs on your crash? I haven't had any crashes.

200 missions isn't that bad, and you get tokens from dailies too.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That sounds awful just messing with it, these graphics were decent 14 yrs ago. Hahahah

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

That sounds awful just messing with it, these graphics were decent 14 yrs ago. Hahahah

The game actually looks halfway decent if you force antialiasing - the models are still a little blocky but it helps a ton. (And because it's a 14 year old game, you can still hit 100+ frame rates with 8 or 16x AA.)

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

So, clan or omni?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
cklabn

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

ogmnri