Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Ahahahaha :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

April
Jul 3, 2006

Slow Motion posted:

I'm alive. Nicaragua was great. Failed MLC a second time. poo poo got real after returning to seatown. I'm getting back on the budget bandwagon. Details to follow.

If this isn't baller, I don't know what is.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Slow Motion posted:

I'm alive. Nicaragua was great. Failed MLC a second time. poo poo got real after returning to seatown. I'm getting back on the budget bandwagon. Details to follow.

I didn't realize the trip was so soon. That really was an impulsive trip my god.

You're still an rear end in a top hat Slow Motion.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't understand how you failed your actuarial exam, you spent so much money on drugs for the opera :confused:

also is it really a bandwagon if you're doing the thing that you said you were going to do in the op of your own thread that you started for the purpose of doing that thing

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I'm going to Seattle in April for a conference. Slow Motion will you still have a job then.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

pig slut lisa posted:

I'm going to Seattle in April for a conference. Slow Motion will you still have a job then.

Bring him some socks. I hear homeless people really need dry socks.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't understand how you failed your actuarial exam, you spent so much money on drugs for the opera :confused:

also is it really a bandwagon if you're doing the thing that you said you were going to do in the op of your own thread that you started for the purpose of doing that thing

He didn't budget his supply out and didn't have any for the test.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

Since I won the 2015 toxx, I'm putting up another.

Slomo failed his exam, and he won't be debt-free by the time this thread hits its 2-year anniversary :toxx:

Halfway there!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
No way is he gonna be debt free by July.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Good poo poo OP.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Goddammit slomo

April
Jul 3, 2006

SarutosZero posted:

After he loses his job at least he still has his car so he can be an uber driver live in it!

FTFY.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
How are you so loving bad at studying?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Armacham posted:

How are you so loving bad at studying?

Well to be fair to slo mo he would need to actually study to be bad at it.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Loooooooooollllll

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
[Tell] Me about taking two actuarial tests or whatever so I can take Slomo's job.

But really.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
From poverty you came and to poverty you shall return

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
If everyone pisses in the well long enough it will fill up and SloMo can swim to safety.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In fairness, I'm pretty sure the actuarial exams are actually genuinely really difficult, "your life is now devoted to studying until exams are over if you want a career as an actuary" affairs.

But it seems like slo mo isn't putting anything close to that level of effort into preparing for them, hence his failing and everybody else's total lack of surprise about it.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I guessed he was laid off. So this is positive news.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

In fairness, I'm pretty sure the actuarial exams are actually genuinely really difficult, "your life is now devoted to studying until exams are over if you want a career as an actuary" affairs.

But it seems like slo mo isn't putting anything close to that level of effort into preparing for them, hence his failing and everybody else's total lack of surprise about it.

He'll be ok once the sweet, sweet royalties from the novel about his life start coming in. I wonder what the title of this chapter will be? "Ballin' on a Budget"?

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
Slow Motion: A study in impulsively snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Neophyte posted:

Some predictions:

Good news - got rid of car!

Bad news - because car was torched in celebratory Seahawks riot

Good news - bonus paid early!

Bad news - bonus paycheck was part of severance

Good news - got a new, highly detailed night-sky ceiling for nothing!

Bad news - it's literally the night sky, he's homeless

:golfclap:

Slow Motion, we need a detailed budget reconciliation for February. How much did you "budget" for your Nicaragua trip and how much did you actually spend?

And what's your budget for the Super Bowl this weekend?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

IllegallySober posted:

And what's your budget for the Super Bowl this weekend?

That's a good one

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

E-Money posted:

If everyone pisses in the well long enough it will fill up and SloMo can swim to safety.

Guys, should I dive? I'm going to dive.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Nail Rat posted:

That's a good one

Can you imagine what an uber is going to run him after the game gets over? It has got to be a crazy amount.

April
Jul 3, 2006

All jokes aside, I'm curious as to what happened during his sitdown, and why he suddenly is determined to budget. Did they threaten his job? Tell him no more bonuses? He's always been pretty dismissive of potential job loss, saying that he'd just find another job within a couple of weeks. So why the panic now?

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Maybe they put out a billboard saying how bad Slow Motion is.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Saw 37 new posts and I knew SloMo returned. :allears: I can't wait to hear what follows but I suspect we won't hear from him until after the Super Bowl.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

April posted:

All jokes aside, I'm curious as to what happened during his sitdown, and why he suddenly is determined to budget. Did they threaten his job? Tell him no more bonuses? He's always been pretty dismissive of potential job loss, saying that he'd just find another job within a couple of weeks. So why the panic now?

He's working pro bono from now on. Punishment for being a butt.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sellouts posted:

I guessed he was laid off. So this is positive news.

We don't technically know that he hasn't yet.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Transmogrifier posted:

Saw 37 new posts and I knew SloMo returned. :allears: I can't wait to hear what follows but I suspect we won't hear from him until after the Super Bowl.

41 posts

"Oh I guess slowmo came in and admitted to failing"

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

April posted:

There was no sitdown.

He had a SITTING which is code for "sat my rear end in a chair and failed my exam" but it doesn't mean that he got back from Nicaragua and his boss sat him down and told him he is on thin ice.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

April posted:

That's not really true. I'm an FSA and a consultant. Like all things, it's a competitive market. If you want to live in a good place (NYC, Boston, whatever) you need to be outstanding. Getting fired from a consulting job would be a pretty big blow because consulting gigs won't fire you for exam performance if you're a great consultant.

If he had an ASA he could probably find a job quickly but it would be in Iowa or something.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

April posted:

lol if you believed for one second he was going to budget, or took his "poo poo got real" panic seriously (hint: he doesn't)

April
Jul 3, 2006

paperchaseguy posted:

lol if you believed for one second he was going to budget, or took his "poo poo got real" panic seriously (hint: he doesn't)

No, I don't believe he's going to budget, but I do think he's worried. Otherwise, he'd be in here bragging about all the balling he did in Nicaragua, complete with nut-punchingly douchetastic photos. It sounds like he got some kind of warning that he's taking seriously. I could be wrong.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
lmao what a poo poo-for-brains

AbsenceVsThinAir
Jan 29, 2007

Maybe you do not even *smell*? That is sad.

*Smelling* *pretty colors* is the best *game*.
Slomo if you want to pass your test you have to study but first you have to stop drinking leaded alcohol out of those loving decanters.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Wait, I misread seatown as sitdown, so it's also possible that he's still like "eh, no worries on the job front" but blew his budget to poo poo (more than usual) on vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
He should also probably drop his monthly drug budget so that at least a few brain cells make it out alive

• Locked thread