Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Holy poo poo that move :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Someone call Neal Caffrey!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Oh poo poo!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh man, I love this show :allears:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Black Widow's mom I guess?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Did that move seem kind of reminiscent of Black Widow's fighting style from Iron Man 2, or am I hallucinating? If she's working for Leviathan, which seems Soviet in nature, it's possible that she's a predecessor in some fashion.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

PantsOptional posted:

Did that move seem kind of reminiscent of Black Widow's fighting style from Iron Man 2, or am I hallucinating? If she's working for Leviathan, which seems Soviet in nature, it's possible that she's a predecessor in some fashion.

You're not hallucinating, I think you're dead on.

:lol: random Stan Lee

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ah of course

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Fuuuuuck show us the message

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh man that preview! I can't wait.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yesss next week has Howlin Commandos!

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Howling Commandos!! :allears:

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 28, 2015

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yeah that preview makes me think that the idea of a Black Widow training program is probably the case, what with the stabby girl and all.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 28, 2015

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Preview Spoiler: Howling Commandos and potentially a young Natasha Romanoff. Next week should be interesting.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 28, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Howling Commandos next week!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PantsOptional posted:

Yeah that preview makes me think that the idea of a Black Widow training program is probably the case, what with the stabby girl and all.

I''d not be surprised if that straight up was Widow.

You really should spoiler anything from previews because of big spoiler babies, and its the rule.

Holy poo poo at "That gun, I want it"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kammat posted:

Black Widow's mom I guess?
I wonder if the story they are going for is that she steals Cap's blood for the Russians to be made into the knockoff super soldier serums.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Maxwell Lord posted:

Gatling pistol. gently caress.

It looks really cool and fancy, until you realize that it can only shoot once and then it's empty.

hope and vaseline posted:

Welp. Guess we know what Leviathan was after.

You mean Cap. America's blood? But if that was the case, then why the hell was it just sitting there at the dock for 2-3 weeks, practically unguarded?

There's something strange going on here. Why was Stark at the place where the massacre of Russians happened?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I''d not be surprised if that straight up was Widow.

You really should spoiler anything from previews because of big spoiler babies, and its the rule.

Holy poo poo at "That gun, I want it"

I don't know, this is the late 40s, and Black Widow's in her early 30s at worst. Unless they get de-aging powers from Steve's blood. Her mom seems much more likely.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
With Yelena, there is precedent for Black Widow being a title.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

TARDISman posted:

I don't know, this is the late 40s, and Black Widow's in her early 30s at worst. Unless they get de-aging powers from Steve's blood. Her mom seems much more likely.

Eh, given poo poo from the comics, the spoiler poo poo you mention seems possible. Like, Black Widow in 616 was canonically ... a little kid when WWII happened ... :allears: Still, it'll be hilarious if they go with that in the MCU.

I'm really glad the chick in the dorms busted out those moves, though. I'd been hoping they'd do something like that after we had her introduced as 'a ballerina' last episode. She wasn't built like a ballerina at alllll. I'm so excited for the Red Room!!!

edit: Sorry for loving up those spoiler tags so bad, holy poo poo. :psyduck:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait so

We're supposed to think that the SSR chief guy actually just gave legit breath mints to the Nazi guy to trick him into cooperating, and didn't simply poison a random Nuremberg guard with cyanide, right? That's what happened in that scene?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

With Yelena, there is precedent for Black Widow being a title.

I was wondering if she IS Yelena Belova! (Keeping in mind they can always change things from the comics.)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

BrianWilly posted:

Wait so

We're supposed to think that the SSR chief guy actually just gave legit breath mints to the Nazi guy to trick him into cooperating, and didn't simply poison a random Nuremberg guard with cyanide, right? That's what happened in that scene?

Yes. Back in New York, he told his second that the Nazi should be a couple inches taller by that time.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why was that typewriter left out in the open there at the end?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Well, I think my brother put it best last episode. "Totally a spy. She's normal proportioned and looks as tall as our cousin (6'4" or so). There's no WAY she's a ballerina!"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lots of neat stuff in the episode, but it felt like the middle chapters of a book rather than a complete thing in its own right. Looking forward to next week.

Bruceski posted:

Well, I think my brother put it best last episode. "Totally a spy. She's normal proportioned and looks as tall as our cousin (6'4" or so). There's no WAY she's a ballerina!"

Yeah, you don't introduce a character like that unless she's going to be someone, and given the kind of show it is there really weren't a lot of options.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Romanov's grandmother! Calling it now. OG Black Widow

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
Is it established in the MCU that the Black Widow in the Avengers movies is the age she appears to be? In the comics she's like 90 thanks to super science, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Grey Area posted:

Is it established in the MCU that the Black Widow in the Avengers movies is the age she appears to be? In the comics she's like 90 thanks to super science, right?

The only thing we know for sure is that she says she worked for the KGB but her official birth year is 1984 (Zola mentions her birthdate in Cap 2.) But those two things don't exactly line up that well so who knows?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She worked for the KGB until she was 7.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

mikeraskol posted:

Well now we know who killed Krzeminski

That makes a lot of sense, because the shooter definitely looked like a woman to me.

Either that, or I ought to avoid picking up chicks at bars.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Wait so

No, he totally poisoned that guard.

Also the guy under Peggy's bed isn't dead, he is just waiting for his moment to strike after being knocked out and losing his gun.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also the guy under Peggy's bed isn't dead, he is just waiting for his moment to strike after being knocked out and losing his gun.

Ah, a member of the Serpent Society.

About Black Widow, keep in mind that the Avengers 2 trailers shows both ballerinas and what appears to be young Natasha on an operating table.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No, he totally poisoned that guard.

I thought he was under killer ballerina's bed not Peggy's.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Wait so

When this happened, I said to myself, "I hope somebody in the thread thinks this means he poisoned the guard, too" and you delivered. Thank you!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Why was that typewriter left out in the open there at the end?

They had access to an enemy communication method, why not monitor it there so they know they don't miss anything? The only people in the room are the agents, it's not like they let dudes off the street in to just hang around.

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder if the story they are going for is that she steals Cap's blood for the Russians to be made into the knockoff super soldier serums.

I think so, especially with the nod to Project Rebirth from the comics.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

seaborgium posted:

They had access to an enemy communication method, why not monitor it there so they know they don't miss anything? The only people in the room are the agents, it's not like they let dudes off the street in to just hang around.

I think so, especially with the nod to Project Rebirth from the comics.
I must have missed the scene where the acquired the typewriter, I thought it was either just carelessly left out in the open, or Eli Thompson was part of Leviathan, but his facial expression seemed shocked so it threw me for a loop.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I must have missed the scene where the acquired the typewriter, I thought it was either just carelessly left out in the open, or Eli Thompson was part of Leviathan, but his facial expression seemed shocked so it threw me for a loop.

SSR agents found a hotel key at the scene where Peggy fought that Leviathan agent on the roof of the moving car. They went back and searched the hotel room, finding the typewriter there as well as a stash of stuff hidden in a seat cushion. The typewriter was brought back to the SSR office.

This was shown over multiple scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

achillesforever6 posted:

Wouldn't this also play into Winter Soldier? I don't recall how they explained Bucky; wasn't it that Armin Zola and some HYDRA ex-pats took him to the USSR after the war? I assumed they were using him as some RoboCop guinea pig for the Soviet analog to Project Rebirth.

Not that they're necessarily going to get Sebastian Stan (or Toby Jones for that matter), but I don't see why that'd be impossible. And they could certainly name-drop whoever they want.

• Locked thread