Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Abu Dave posted:

What's the URL to your podcast ?

http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/dolewhipped

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dolewhipped/id862401037

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Happitoo posted:

Most year's Disney runs a bunch of contests where at least some of them involve staying in the castle for a night. So you start by telling him that you're entering these contests, and if you win then you'll do anal in the castle. Then afterwards whenever someone at work, or a friend is like "we're going to Disney World" he can be all like "Ya? I hosed [tinytort] in the rear end in that castle!"

Once you get him excited about the possible idea of Castle sex, then just work to build on other exiting things Disney has to offer, and then slowly fade out the talk of Castle sex as he becomes more interested in other aspects of the parks, until it's eventually gone from the conversation entirely. Once that part is done you can be like "maybe we should just go to Disney World for our honeymoon" and he'll agree because he'll remember his original excitement regarding why he wanted to go to the parks (castle butt sex) but not the actual reason behind why he was excited.

If you actually do win and get to bone in the castle, that's an added bonus.

You joke, but my dream has always been to have sex in the castle suite. Some day...

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001

Malt posted:

I'm doing French Quarter next week, but that's only because I'm not eligible for SoG this trip.

Checking into FQ on the 31st here.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

the_worm_ posted:

Checking into FQ on the 31st here.

We are leaving that day so you might get our room.

We are checking in Sunday, I'll let you know if I discover any tips while staying there.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

couldcareless posted:

You joke, but my dream has always been to have sex in the castle suite. Some day...

I never joke about castle suite anal sex.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Happitoo posted:

It is a very serious topic.

Uziel
Jun 28, 2004

Ask me about losing 200lbs, and becoming the Viking God of W&W.

Uziel posted:

Hi! I'm starting to read through the OP and disseminate the information there to my parents as we are planning a joint vacation to Disney World this June!

It will be 4 adults (2 in early 60s, 2 in early 30s), and two kids (My daughter is 6, and my son is 3.5)

What we have so far is that we'll be going in early June. It's a short time window as my wife is a teacher and her last scheduled day is June 3rd, and I believe that the hotel prices increase on June 16th. I think we are looking at June 10th through the 15th or 16th (4 or 5 days).

These don't include the park passes, or the food. We are considering between 4 and 5 day hopper passes (and would extend hotel another night).

My parents are pro bus, and anti Disney dining plan. Is it a bad idea to skip a Disney dining plan? Any thoughts/ideas about the above plan so far? We are going to AAA on Saturday to get more info/options.
So we went to AAA, and talked with a travel agent that was a Disney fanatic. We stayed for 3 hours mostly talking through our questions and options. We were able to take advantage of the remaining 30% deal on rooms and ended up with the Coronado because it was essentially the only hotel left that was available for the discount, in our price range, and worked with the beds we needed.

We did go with the Disney dining plan and my parents were on board once we discussed that by selecting every single thing, including meals in advance, we eliminate the issue of the problems we always run into regarding decisions while on vacation.

So we just need to book our airfaire, and put money down, and then start selecting our reservations. Chef Mickey and the Cinderella character dining are our top choices so far!

Oh, and because we saved so much money on the flights/room by adjusting the days, we were able to extend the vacation out to 6 nights, with 6 day park hoppers.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Happitoo posted:

I get the flu and am out for a few days and come back to this. LOL

Shine on crazy buttsecks goons.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Got my first "true" Dole Whip float experience today. Last year this exact same time was my first ever trip to Disney and all I read about on this thread and elsewhere was how divine the Dole Whip was. My experience last year was dampened (literally) by cold, 40 degree rain when I finally got to try it. I certainly wasn't wowed in any way whatsoever. Today, I had the good fortune of 60+ degrees with endless Florida sunshine. Stood in line for about 10 minutes and got my Dole Whip in the setting it deserved. It was glorious. I said so. My wife said so. My daughters said so. My mom said so. We will be back at MK on Thursday and I will be back at Aloha Isle for another one of these unique treats. They are truly not to be missed by anyone planning a trip to Disney.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Blah never mind

Taima fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 26, 2015

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Savage Bliss posted:

Got my first "true" Dole Whip float experience today. Last year this exact same time was my first ever trip to Disney and all I read about on this thread and elsewhere was how divine the Dole Whip was. My experience last year was dampened (literally) by cold, 40 degree rain when I finally got to try it. I certainly wasn't wowed in any way whatsoever. Today, I had the good fortune of 60+ degrees with endless Florida sunshine. Stood in line for about 10 minutes and got my Dole Whip in the setting it deserved. It was glorious. I said so. My wife said so. My daughters said so. My mom said so. We will be back at MK on Thursday and I will be back at Aloha Isle for another one of these unique treats. They are truly not to be missed by anyone planning a trip to Disney.

YAAAAS, another convert. They are so perky, I love them.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Now you have to try the dole whip with rum at EPCOT. But word of warning, don't have it RIGHT before getting on Mission: Space.

:barf:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
If you like the Dole Whip, try the Citrus Swirl at the nearby Sunshine Tree Terrace. Similar concept, but instead of pineappe soft serve, they use an orange slush, swirled with vanilla soft serve. It's my favorite treat in MK. Long live the cult of citrus

geese
May 29, 2007

This goose is cooked.

BlueBayou posted:

Now you have to try the dole whip with rum at EPCOT. But word of warning, don't have it RIGHT before getting on Mission: Space.

:barf:

They also have it at Animal Kingdom with dark or coconut rum!

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Where is the rum dole whip in Epcot? All Internet searches are saying it was a food and wine thing.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Malt posted:

Where is the rum dole whip in Epcot? All Internet searches are saying it was a food and wine thing.

Oh. I guess I was there during flower and garden. Either way it was delicious (going down... not coming back up)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'm nearing my fp+ reservation date. The hype for my first trip is definitely building. I wish the flower and garden food info would be released soon, I want something else to obsess over.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The Dole Whip with rum in Epcot is only during the festivals.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Braksgirl posted:

The Dole Whip with rum in Epcot is only during the festivals.

Live and learn.

Today was our first day and we hit up Epcot in search of the elusive Dole Whip. Ended up hopping over to MK before heading back to the resort to try one out. It lived up to the hype.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Epcot sells the soft serve ice cream but without the juice.. you can however add your own booze to it and the juice becomes inconsequential.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

geese posted:

They also have it at Animal Kingdom with dark or coconut rum!

Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? (Family of Dole Whip junkies heading down there next month.)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Rahonavis posted:

Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? (Family of Dole Whip junkies heading down there next month.)

At Tamu Tamu Refreshments.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
We are hitting the parks this weekend for the annual family adventure. AK is on the list so I will seek out this elusive adult Dole Whip and report back.
hopefully after I am moderately on my way to being intoxicated since between nieces and nephews there are five kids under six in tow. Pray for me.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

What is the time threshold before it goes from "I love seeing these kids literally seeing dreams come true" to "I hate the little bastards time to go back to the hotel!"

Just trying to project what my family adventures will look like in 5 years :cheeky:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Day two. That's when you say to yourself "Where is the nearest PetSmart so I can buy a kennel and a padlock." I have both by the way, you can borrow them when you are in town.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Yeah, day two sounds good. Maybe day 3 if your kids are really good.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I've seen some day one parents who are beyond done and regret every stepping foot in the parks. That's fun.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I chose two days because not only are you fed up with the magic from your kids but you also have to deal with everyone else's kids.. God help you if your kids pick up the nasty habits some of these terrible kids at the parks.

My wife went on Saturday and in the new Peter Pan interactive queue there was a family who let all three of their kids get behind the barrier keeping the guests from the props. She said on of the kids stuck their hand in a water pitcher and said "it has real water!" then promptly spit into it. Bravo.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

demonR6 posted:

We are hitting the parks this weekend for the annual family adventure. AK is on the list so I will seek out this elusive adult Dole Whip and report back.
hopefully after I am moderately on my way to being intoxicated since between nieces and nephews there are five kids under six in tow. Pray for me.

I got it with Coconut rum. It's kind of weird because they pour maybe half a shot of rum into the cup first and then put the Dole Whip on top. It gets better the more melty it gets, but you don't get that much bang for your buck in my opinion.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Edna Mode posted:

I got it with Coconut rum. It's kind of weird because they pour maybe half a shot of rum into the cup first and then put the Dole Whip on top. It gets better the more melty it gets, but you don't get that much bang for your buck in my opinion.

Got it today with dark rum. You're right, it's not good at first, but once everything really melts and melds together, it tasted quite nice........just not nearly as good (or nearly the same) as the ones from Magic Kingdom (going back tomorrow, getting another one, can't wait).

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Leaving tomorrow morning at 9 to make the 4 hour drive down. I'm too excited to sleep.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edna Mode posted:

That's why I have a Publix liquors on the way there where I can conveniently pick up mini's for the trip. I like mine with dark rum.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

demonR6 posted:

That's why I have a Publix liquors on the way there where I can conveniently pick up mini's for the trip. I like mine with dark rum.

:getin:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Publix also has the most amazing key lime pie. We pick one up and stash it in the hotel fridge.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

RumChat: Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not bother with Dole anything, go directly to Drinkwalla in Animal Kingdom and get a Coconut-Lychee Lemonade.

Worth your time.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Can't I have both? I'm pretty sure I need to have both.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Publix also has the most amazing key lime pie. We pick one up and stash it in the hotel fridge.

The worst about leaving Miami was having to leave all the delicious key lime pies :(

Richmond doesn't have much of that, if at all.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

MrYenko posted:

RumChat: Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not bother with Dole anything, go directly to Drinkwalla in Animal Kingdom and get a Coconut-Lychee Lemonade.

Worth your time.

Typing while drinking this and can confirm this statement is correct.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Braksgirl posted:

Next time you are in town, there is a French pastry bakery near the parks off property with some amazing stuff.. yes, they are French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Taking an edible goody into the parks shouldn't be a problem right? Just stick it in my pocket and it's good to go right? It's an extract pill so there's no odor.