Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Tide posted:

I honestly thought Ava was going to tell Boyd that Raylan was using her as an informant. I can't decide if it would be cliche or not, but she could make a strong argument to Boyd that it's in his best interest not to kill her so that she can feed Raylan bad info.

That would be way too much of a callback to season 1 with Arlo and Bo....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

So now Garrett Dillahunt has been the evil crony of a man looking to buy up all the land in an area for his own personal gain on two different shows? Now all he has to do is kill some hookers.

And Tim is damned amazing. I wonder if him or Raylan is going to have to shoot Choo-Choo.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Astroman posted:

At least we got to see him at his maximum Dewey Crowiest in this episode. :allears:

Can they telegraph Raylan's impending doom any harder this season? Christ, that conversation with Art...

But yeah, it's interesting how they still contrast Boyd as being "better" as a person. The mother of Raylan's child asking "what could be better than this?" when he chooses to stay in Harlan to chase Boyd instead of watching his daughter grow up. Meanwhile Boyd is genuinely trying to help Ava and help her through her trauma in a way that would make him the hero Ideal Sensitive Man in a Lifetime movie. Raylan refuses to leave Harlan while Boyd is desperate to get out. Boyd has been shown as trying to better himself and leave his current life behind while Raylan just isn't trying to hard to change. Boyd does what he has to do and will kill people, but Raylan almost takes a delight in tormenting criminals, hiding behind the sanctity of his badge and his feeling that "all criminals are guilty and thus deserve whatever treatment he gives them".

I'm not getting this. Boyd is trying to get out because each of his schemes have failed due to incompetance, bad luck, or the Law. Raylan was getting out because his conscience finally got the better of him re whatsherface and his kid, and is only still there because of Boyd.

muscles like this? posted:

The editing in that final bit was a little wonky, you see Ty and Seabass going into the house from the beginning (presumably to murder the occupants) and then they're just hanging out at the pizza place. Yeah, time passed but they could have made it flow a little better by putting something in between those two scenes.

I think this was deliberate - we're supposed to be in the dark as to what happened, as it'll be revealed next episode.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
My guess is that these guys are off-shoots of whatever PMC they used to work for still flashing the company logo for legitimacy while they're working for Black Pike to secure land for fracking rights since it sounds like the mining industry's going to poo poo.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I love Choo-Choo, Tim, and this loving show. The entire cast should just get together afterwards and make a live action Archer series.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I love Choo-Choo, Tim, and this loving show. The entire cast should just get together afterwards and make a live action Archer series.

It really is the small stuff that makes Justified the show that it is, such as Choo Choo and his thought-process :allears:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Honestly the first episode was good, but not great, but I loved this episode. Should be a great ride to the finish.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
And lest we forget, we've got another Band of Brothers alum in Seabass. Scott Grimes was Malarkey.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I'm not following you...

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Garrett Dillahunt was ace, I thought. Wiping his nose in the laundry and going "fingers" at the bank manager before closing the trunk were nice touches.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It was a solid episode. It set the stage for the characters that are in play for the season. Ty's response to being called a "peacock" was hilarious. It's the little details in Justified that make it the show that it is. When it showed Choo Choo driving that little car, the first thing I said was 'that dude is HUGE'.

Sam Elliot without a mustache is just weird. Dude is still in great shape for 70, though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always suspected Elliot had absolutely no upper lip to support such an amazing mustache and now I know I'm right.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Choo Choo :buddy:

Parachute
May 18, 2003
That's seriously a top tier gif.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

seaborgium posted:

So now Garrett Dillahunt has been the evil crony of a man looking to buy up all the land in an area for his own personal gain on two different shows? Now all he has to do is kill some hookers.

Oh my god, I've been trying to figure out where I knew that guy from. No wonder he looks so familiar. This isn't the first time I've seen him and Raylan have ominous conversations together.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

mng posted:

Choo Choo :buddy:

The best part about this was Raylan's "I'm the cowboy" reminder.

highme fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 29, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Rewatching the drewbacca/drewmama/drewsitania episode. God i laughed so hard when that first came out.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
There's an interview with Sam Elliott on Vulture where he reveals what's going on with all the land-buying..

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, Tim's level of snark does not leave me with a lot of faith that he'll survive the season.

nixar55
Jul 25, 2003

She packed my bags last night. Pre-flight. Zero hour nine a.m. And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then.

isk posted:

And lest we forget, we've got another Band of Brothers alum in Seabass. Scott Grimes was Malarkey.

I had to look him up on IMDb because he looked familiar, so there's his face. But he voices Steve Smith on American Dad! That's hilarious.

Choo-Choo. Garret Dillahunt, Sam Elliott. My god, this is the best casting ever. Yeah, I think Tim's a goner. He's just too good to live out the season.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
if tim dies this season im not watching any more justified ever :colbert:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

User-Friendly posted:

There's an interview with Sam Elliott on Vulture where he reveals what's going on with all the land-buying..

Good interview

Sam Elliot posted:

There’s a lot of weird poo poo going on out there these days that I don’t understand

Amen brother.

Fetus Tree posted:

if tim dies this season im not watching any more justified ever :colbert:

Well, you never leave Harlan alive
:downsrim:

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Man, Tim's level of snark does not leave me with a lot of faith that he'll survive the season.

Same. Like, Raylan is going to have enough reasons to kill Garrett Dillahunt,Tim, don't put yourself front and center :(

I read somewhere that Jacob Pitts was always pushing for more storylines for Tim and Rachel, wouldn't be surprised if the writers got one last jab in. "Well, here you go! :D"

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Needs more Sam Elliot's mustache.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Needs more Sam Elliot's mustache.

Sam Elliot kind of looks like a turtle without his mustache.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KatWithHands posted:

Same. Like, Raylan is going to have enough reasons to kill Garrett Dillahunt,Tim, don't put yourself front and center :(

I read somewhere that Jacob Pitts was always pushing for more storylines for Tim and Rachel, wouldn't be surprised if the writers got one last jab in. "Well, here you go! :D"

I just need Tim and Rachel to survive so they can get their spin-off next year.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

AFewBricksShy posted:

Sam Elliot kind of looks like a turtle without his mustache.

He looks like a Dr Seuss character

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Some mustaches are for a reason.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Reaching season 2. Goddamn, this show is amazing and I love it. Holy poo poo, Dickie's shirts! I think one of the reasons I enjoy this show so much is reminds me of growing up. This message brought to you by Justified, 3 days off, and a bottle of Blanton's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Look Sir Droids posted:

Some mustaches are for a reason.

Like Cheech.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

10 Beers posted:

Reaching season 2. Goddamn, this show is amazing and I love it. Holy poo poo, Dickie's shirts! I think one of the reasons I enjoy this show so much is reminds me of growing up. This message brought to you by Justified, 3 days off, and a bottle of Blanton's.

i just rewatched season 2, 3, and 4. binge watching them was great, the seasons flow together really well. restarted 5 too just because. I forgot about hostage/bedroom season in the s4 finale :stare:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Scene from later this season in regards to Raylan dealing with Garret Dillahunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNbf5RqH6Oc

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Scene from later this season in regards to Raylan dealing with Garret Dillahunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNbf5RqH6Oc

I love how he played a different character in season two and I could barely recognize him. Really good actor there.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Fetus Tree posted:

i just rewatched season 2, 3, and 4. binge watching them was great, the seasons flow together really well. restarted 5 too just because. I forgot about hostage/bedroom season in the s4 finale :stare:

Just got done with S3E1. The tablecloth pull. Man, the tablecloth pull...

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

10 Beers posted:

Needs a gif.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

User-Friendly posted:

Man that interview doesn't bode well for anyone.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

10 Beers posted:

I looked it up last night and i think raylan has killed 24 people lol.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I am going to miss the hell out of this show. Been watching it since the beginning as The Post Deadwoods Crew, and it's been such an awesome show. I can't think of much I don't like about it.

Speaking of Deadwoods, this chicken will do. In a pinch.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 30, 2015

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Fetus Tree posted:

I looked it up last night and i think raylan has killed 24 people lol.

Yeah, but they were all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

seravid posted:

Yeah, but they were all bad.

Even if he'd killed 48 he still rules.

• Locked thread