Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Scans are up here: http://nintendoeverything.com/scans-roundup-xenoblade-chronicles-x-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-and-more/?pid=76155

I'd start translating stuff, but it's getting late here and I need to actually be awake at some point tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

in Dragon's Dogma the main character doesn't talk at all outside of battle grunts, but the pawn you create has a lot of lines and they have a bunch of voices to choose from, both male and female

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sharrrk posted:

in Dragon's Dogma the main character doesn't talk at all outside of battle grunts, but the pawn you create has a lot of lines and they have a bunch of voices to choose from, both male and female

More like one or two VAs pitched up and down to carrying degrees

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

But you can pick your preferred grunts and shouts.

U-DO Burger posted:

I don't think it's been outright stated anywhere, but I can't really think of any game that both allows you to customize the MC's voice, and gives the MC lots of voiced dialogue in cutscenes. I mean, it'd be kind of waste of resources to record the same dialogue for 20 different people. It's a pretty safe assumption to say that the MC will silent when the plot is happening.

Taint reaped again!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

"Offline MMO" was a pretty good description of Xenoblade.

Fungah! posted:

That's also literally the number one thing people complained about with Xenoblade, so that shouldn't be a surprise

e: ....

I was kinda hoping they might trim some of the fat for the sequel rather than double down on the mmo trash content. I do like to do sidequests in rpgs but having to do all the 'find 5 fossil monkeys' crap to get to the actual good bits was a pain and an active detriment to the game

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Boy I can't wait to hear the same Sawano soundtrack that I heard in his previous endeavors for 300 hours straight. Maybe this time the mumbled mess of English and German might make sense if I go google the lyrics and translate it back and forth about 10 times.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
if you want lyrics that make sense in english you should probably not be playing jrpgs at all.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Silvain posted:

Boy I can't wait to hear the same Sawano soundtrack that I heard in his previous endeavors for 300 hours straight. Maybe this time the mumbled mess of English and German might make sense if I go google the lyrics and translate it back and forth about 10 times.

Ok so my prior comment of nonsensical poo poo lyrics wasn't too far off. Dammit Monolith, you struck gold with the musicians on Xenoblade.. you had won.. whyy.... y...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sawano is good

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sawano can occasionally bust out a stirring melody but I don't like that he is replacing ACE+.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

tower of druaga posted:

haha really? i only ever used the same voice for my pawn so i guess i never noticed

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I like to picture Tetsuya Takahashi receiving the musical ideas from Sawano and responding with "what the gently caress is this gutter trash poo poo" and telling him to get hosed like he kinda did with ACE+, but was nicer about it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"Interceptor - In charge of exterminating protists."

Is this a mistranslation or is there really a significant group of quests about killing microorganisms?

Man... I really want this to be good but a 300 hour MMO type thing is exactly the kind of thing I don't want it to be. :sigh: Xenoblade was pretty much the perfect balance.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

tower of druaga posted:

A robot voice with sliders for pitch, speed, inflection, etc. like in Tomodachi Life. Make it happen, Monolith.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Safety Scissors posted:

Somebody please tell me vin diesel is one of the voice actors for the main character. You could totally play as vin diesel in shadowrun returns which was amazing. There was even the riddick shades option. It would be a really great way to target the non anime pillow crowd.

What makes you even entertain the thought that this game is going to try to cater to the non-anime crowd? Besides, Vin Diesel is a huge RPG/Gaming nerd. He talks about playing D&D with his buddies but you know he's secretly posting in the Final Fantay thread arguing about which is the best Final Fantasy (6).

Mak0rz posted:

Naming my character Eric Peterson and joining Testament.

Be Shadow and team up with Interceptor. :ninja:

The Taint Reaper posted:

But you can pick your preferred grunts and shouts.

You could do that in Baldur's Gate but that doesn't mean Bioware fully voiced the MC. It's ok thought because they weren't going to top Jon Irenicus and how perfectly his VA played out the character.

Regy Rusty posted:

Is this a mistranslation or is there really a significant group of quests about killing microorganisms?

Man... I really want this to be good but a 300 hour MMO type thing is exactly the kind of thing I don't want it to be. :sigh: Xenoblade was pretty much the perfect balance.

Guessing the Protists are the name of the alien race that shoots down your world ship.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Word on the street (4chan's translation of those scans) is that the game will have dual audio and that it is fantastic in both english and japanese.
So it's already been dubbed?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Calaveron posted:

So it's already been dubbed?

I hope so. The sooner it comes out here the better. If they've been working on the localization right alongside the game being made it won't be too long before it comes out here then.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Mistranslation. They're in charge of exterminating primitive life forms i.e. all the different monsters that are native to Mira.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The important question here is if Nintendo's made any indication of there being a Xenoblade Chronicles X special edition Wii U with the US release.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Quick translations of the new character profiles from the website:

Guin posted:

Honest soldier with an unusually strong sense of justice

Member of the militia organization "Blade".
On Earth, he served under Elma and Irina in the United Government Army Special Operations Vehicular Instruction Company (a.k.a. Doll Company).
Though he often fails to observe proper protocol due to his inexperience, he is honest and looks up to Irina.

"He used to just be an advisor, but now he acts like he's the president or the prime minister! I can't stand it!"

Nagi posted:

Chivalrous former captain of the "White Whale"

Former captain of the interstellar colony ship "White Whale".
Currently the Director of Military Affairs of the NLA Autonomous Government.
To protect the continued existence of the humans inhabiting the planet Mira, he works himself to the bone every day managing government affairs.

"Although an unforeseen situation has arisen, we can survive here like this."

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Need Beef Dickson amiibo at least

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yes, yes YESSSSSSS :getin:
At last, the Future LA Union Worker With Mech simulator is complete.

Wow. We're a destructible scenery away from Green Faction.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Evil Fluffy posted:

The important question here is if Nintendo's made any indication of there being a Xenoblade Chronicles X special edition Wii U with the US release.
Is there going to be one in Japan?

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Finally had time to sit down and read the Famitsu article, so here's a some more stuff:

-New LA is split into four districts: Blade area, commercial area, residential area and industrial area.
-Blade's most important task is searching for the stasis pods (referred to as "Life") that scattered all over Mira when the White Whale fell apart.
-Finding the pods requires expanding the "Frontier Net" that provides information about the planet's various areas.
-Glowing pillars of light are used to denote locations where you can deploy a Data Probe. Deploying the probe adds the information of the surrounding area to the Frontier Net, which can be viewed on the game pad.
-The game supports off-TV play.
-The game world is seamless and made of 5 distinct locations/continents.
-There are still some loading screens before stuff like cutscenes. The download version of the game loads faster, but they're looking into ways to speed up loading on the disk version.
-The game originally had healing arts, but Takahashi didn't like having to stop attacking to heal. That's why they implemented the Soul Voice system, which rewards you with healing for performing well in combat and allows the player to concentrate solely on defeating the enemy.
-4 character parties were chosen to allow a balanced mix of different classes and builds.
-You can choose which character you control, you aren't limited to the main character.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

quote:

The game originally had healing arts, but Takahashi didn't like having to stop attacking to heal. That's why they implemented the Soul Voice system, which rewards you with healing for performing well in combat and allows the player to concentrate solely on defeating the enemy.

:getin:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
No offense to Sharla but Healing by Beating the poo poo out of Things will always been the most fun.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

So happy to see that Takahashi noticed that healing by killing made for a way more fluid and enjoyable combat experience than having a dedicated healbot. I'm also excited to get 4 party members. 3 party members has always felt too small and limiting to me.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Game is going to own. I loved Xenoblade and it looks like Takahashi pretty much went "Let's do Xenoblade again but make the combat even more action based" and it's going to be cool as hell.

Shame about no ACE+ soundtrack, but eh, can't win em all. I just hope Sawano delivers something good.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Black Stones posted:

Shame about no ACE+ soundtrack, but eh, can't win em all.

Oh, gently caress.

Guess I'll just put the Xenoblade OST on repeat while playing this. I normally play my own music while playing MMO's, anyway.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/29/xenoblade-chronicles-x-is-so-big-that-the-developers-thought-they-might-have-to-ship-it-on-two-discs/

Game is so drat big that they almost had to put it on two discs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wii U games are just on DVD, so it's not that big.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I said come in! posted:

Wii U games are just on DVD, so it's not that big.

Its like a blueray disc or is a blueray disc. WiiU discs go up to 25 gigs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Its like a blueray disc or is a blueray disc. WiiU discs go up to 25 gigs.

Oooooh, further Google searching reveals it's a custom drive based on blu-ray technology.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Oooooh, further Google searching reveals it's a custom drive based on blu-ray technology.

Anyone know how big Xenoblade one was? I know the assets and everything are different but hey I would love to know.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Junkie Disease posted:

Anyone know how big Xenoblade one was? I know the assets and everything are different but hey I would love to know.

Dual-layered DVD, around 8 gigs. Probably Brawl is the only Wii game larger than it. Maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy, on sale now for $10 on the WiiU eshop buy it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

brawl was horribly optimized and should not have been a dual-layered disc. on the bright side, it being so horribly optimized is what allowed for it to be so easily modded, so that was cool

edit: i thought this was the wii u thread for some reason. well, enjoy my post.

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 30, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can your union call for a strike.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Also, I found these on Neogaf, the unions' symbols

Pathfinder:

Arms:

Colepedian:

Avalanche:

Interceptor:

Land Bank:

Testament:

Companion:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Also, I found these on Neogaf, the unions' symbols
Companion:

That one looks a little familiar..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh god I'm just going to make Trunks.

• Locked thread