Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Magres posted:

Getting to troll furries, cockblock missions, and win the game all at the same time is the good life.

Game on Mines, had an E100 on our team and a 183 on their team, both in FURIA, meet in the corner of the town for the 183 to bounce AP off the E100 for a while. NOT TODAY SHITTERS! Call it out, one friendly AMX 50B driveby later the 183 is dead and we bumrush their team while the E100 is crying that he needs more damage. He came in about 800 shy of HT-15 :getin:

You're a hero, and I want you to know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Magres posted:

Getting to troll furries, cockblock missions, and win the game all at the same time is the good life.

Game on Mines, had an E100 on our team and a 183 on their team, both in FURIA, meet in the corner of the town for the 183 to bounce AP off the E100 for a while. NOT TODAY SHITTERS! Call it out, one friendly AMX 50B driveby later the 183 is dead and we bumrush their team while the E100 is crying that he needs more damage. He came in about 800 shy of HT-15 :getin:

Report that to Wargaming and both of their accounts get banned.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

GET ON MY BACK PUBLORDS, AND I WILL CARRY YOU TO VICTORY!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Report that to Wargaming and both of their accounts get banned.

If that's the case I may have already gotten five or six RUSHR guys banned, they did the same thing in IS6s and I reported it :getin:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Magres posted:

Furia isn't a furry clan. It's a Spanish language clan.

:science: Furia means Fury in Spanish (not furry)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
drat, no trifecta then.

Man they must have been really confused when I accused them of being dog molesters :blush:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

NotWearingPants posted:

Furia isn't a furry clan. It's a Spanish language clan.

:science: Furia means Fury in Spanish (not furry)

You'd think I would have remembered that, considering I used to live in Mexico :v:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

It could be a Spanish language furry clan. :colbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hellsau posted:

You are dumb as poo poo. The mammoths healing shells heal 80 per shot. 240 healing every six seconds is loving worthless.

Hold W and hold left click on enemies. Game mode is easy as gently caress.

You can't help but be a poo poo heel can you. 480 healing to a Polar Bear makes a huge difference, holding W and left clicking on enemies in it gets you dead because it turns like a pig and the map is nothing but sharp corners. Have you ever loving played it? Because you sound like you haven't.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 28, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

You can't help but be a poo poo heel can you. 480 healing to a Polar Bear makes a huge difference, holding W and left clicking on enemies in it gets you dead because it turns like a pig and the map is nothing but sharp corners. Have you ever loving played it? Because you sound like you haven't.

You are worthless pubbie gently caress. You want your teammates to spend money and time healing you instead of damaging enemy tanks just so you can get your damage in. Stop making your worthless teammates support you and instead take action to deal your damage and win the game yourself.

Or just play the Mammoth since you seem to be struggling to be barely competent.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Polar Bear is EZ

I'm terrible at this game and it's still easy. Zoom out, look where they're coming from, and position yourself to be a warm and loving welcome committee as soon as they breach the wall.

I haven't tried it, but can the pbear heal worth a drat? Does it heal for like 1k a shot? Cause if it does just load up some big fat healing shells and patch people for 20% per shot.

I literally just put myself up a Mammoth's rear end every game and shoot over its tracks. Keep in mind that you don't need to connect WELL, you just have to connect and overmatch and 1k pen will hurt people even if you shoot them at awful angles. I don't think I've ever had a shot hit and not pen. Connecting four shots is super easy. Use your pubbie armor. Who cares if they go stupid ways, pick a mammoth and follow them until the game is over. Pbear sucks at soloing, it's a fire support vehicle, which should be obvious.

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 28, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Magres posted:

I haven't tried it, but can the pbear heal? Does it heal for like 1k a shot? Cause if it does just load up some big fat healing shells and patch people for 20% per shot

Heals for 200 something a shot, not worth it compared to doing 1k damage a shot in the other direction. This is why Mammoths should be healing Polar Bears for the first 15s or so after a breach.

Hellsau posted:

You are worthless pubbie gently caress. You want your teammates to spend money and time healing you instead of damaging enemy tanks just so you can get your damage in. Stop making your worthless teammates support you and instead take action to deal your damage and win the game yourself.

Or just play the Mammoth since you seem to be struggling to be barely competent.

I want my team mates to spend 15 seconds healing right at the start so it becomes easy for everyone to roll over and get their damage targets, but things like team work and helping are about as foreign to you as social skills, and having any form of interaction with another person that doesn't involve verbal abuse and a wildly misplaced sense of your own importance and accuracy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

I want my team mates to spend 15 seconds healing right at the start so it becomes easy for everyone to roll over and get their damage targets, but things like team work and helping are about as foreign to you as social skills, and having any form of interaction with another person that doesn't involve verbal abuse and a wildly misplaced sense of your own importance and accuracy.

Nice work being selfish. You want your teammates to not get their damage and instead spend any winnings they'd make even if they get their mission done healing you just so you can fail your way to your damage.

Play the Mammoth. Stop playing the TD if you can't reach the minimum competence required. Both the TD and Mammoth will get their damage done for the mission in a 1v1 scenario with each other, the Mammoth is just more likely to deal 2500 if they blunder into a trap.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I miss boatchat.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

maev posted:

How is this new German light tank line, with the Leopard and the RU-251? Is it a decent choice for shooty light tanks?

The RU-251 is pretty awesome. Speedy, maneuverable, with a gun that's a step up from the Pershing's 90mm. No armor whatsoever, and everyone shoots light tanks, but fun nonetheless. The Awfulpanther is pretty loving awful, in being a Panther without armor using the Konisch, and having a huge engine. You get around, but you stick out like a sore thumb, and driving it you realize that the real curse is that pubbies will ALWAYS shoot the light tank because ez kills mang. The Leopards beyond the RU are papertanks as well, and trade a bit of the speed of the RU for bigger guns.

Magres posted:

If that's the case I may have already gotten five or six RUSHR guys banned, they did the same thing in IS6s and I reported it :getin:

WG has stated that finishing missions by fixing them like that is a bannable offense, so do indeed send in a ticket with the replay.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
For the recent chat in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

I discovered the secret to raising my stats after grinding the gun on the M53/55.
Don't ever play arty.

Also, the VK 7201 is actually really fun. If the E100 is a "better" version of this, I will be the happiest little tanker.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

WayAbvPar posted:

you can game XP a bit by waiting for stationary targets to disappear before shooting them. Then you get full XP for the hit. Or so I have been told, and my cursory checks seem to indicate this is true.

Anyone else able to confirm this, it sounds wooonderful. Not that I would ever play arty, I'm asking for a friend.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hellsau posted:

Nice work being selfish. You want your teammates to not get their damage and instead spend any winnings they'd make even if they get their mission done healing you just so you can fail your way to your damage.

Play the Mammoth. Stop playing the TD if you can't reach the minimum competence required. Both the TD and Mammoth will get their damage done for the mission in a 1v1 scenario with each other, the Mammoth is just more likely to deal 2500 if they blunder into a trap.

You haven't got a clue, as per usual, 1v1 never happens, and if you wander off to look for one you end up on the wrong side of a 5v1. You keep living your fanciful dream scenario though, because it sure is a bad idea for the less damaging tanks to use a few credits on a heal shell to keep the glass cannons alive for a couple salvos, gently caress, what a total waste of credits.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Oh, Ilya. :allears:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

You haven't got a clue, as per usual, 1v1 never happens, and if you wander off to look for one you end up on the wrong side of a 5v1. You keep living your fanciful dream scenario though, because it sure is a bad idea for the less damaging tanks to use a few credits on a heal shell to keep the glass cannons alive for a couple salvos, gently caress, what a total waste of credits.

Your scenario where Mammoths heal and Pbears shoot is stupid, in a team that coordinated the Pbears are going to focus fire and triple tap people before they can be healed. Hope that helps.

Follow your pubbies, shoot tanks, stop whining. Getting off four shots in a fight is super easy, you can shoot over a Mammoth's treads and barely expose your tank at all.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Shooting the enemy instead of healing teammates is a far more efficient use of time. You can't heal someone as quickly as they are damaged, and if you heal them, you do nothing to diminish the other team's ability to deal damage. So why would you waste time healing? Just kill the enemies more quickly instead.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Anyone else able to confirm this, it sounds wooonderful. Not that I would ever play arty, I'm asking for a friend.

I've gotten spotting damage credit for having spotted tanks that then disappeared and got 1-shot by arty 2 seconds later. Apparently there is a short period of time after they vanish where you still share exp with the spotter. So if you want to make this work you're gonna have to wait a little longer and hope they don't move.

Of course WG might have just changed all of this in some patch.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
:siren: There is actually a reason for playing to win in Winter mode! :siren:

If you play the Arctic Fox. You get 1875 xp and 10750 credits on a loss where you do enough healing on your team mates, and 2250 xp and 13000 credits if you win. I think the condition is 1000 or 1500 hp, you seem to get nothing for healing more. This is documented nowhere as far as I can see.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Please do not shoot into the 4 line killzone in Winter mode. Go to the 3 line and shoot there so that there is a wall covering you when you push through.

If you are just sitting in the four line killzone when the enemy team shoots through, no wonder you're dying before getting damage done. Push through 3 line and hold left click on an enemy tank.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Uranium 235 posted:

Shooting the enemy instead of healing teammates is a far more efficient use of time. You can't heal someone as quickly as they are damaged, and if you heal them, you do nothing to diminish the other team's ability to deal damage. So why would you waste time healing? Just kill the enemies more quickly instead.

On a related note, this is also why dedicated healing Clerics in Dungeons and Dragons suck. Why heal people after they take damage when you can just buff yourself and go bash its skull in before it can hurt your people at all?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Hellsau posted:

you should calm down

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

The tanks thread always leaks some autism every couple of pages. I figured noone even reported that poo poo anymore.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
lolllllllll @ the reporting going on by certain rectally discomforted pubbie shitlords.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
I bounced a shot in the winter showdown, not really sure how.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

warcrimes posted:

lolllllllll @ the reporting going on by certain rectally discomforted pubbie shitlords.

does the fact that it was reported make that post any less retarded

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Kuntz posted:

:siren: There is actually a reason for playing to win in Winter mode! :siren:

If you play the Arctic Fox. You get 1875 xp and 10750 credits on a loss where you do enough healing on your team mates, and 2250 xp and 13000 credits if you win. I think the condition is 1000 or 1500 hp, you seem to get nothing for healing more. This is documented nowhere as far as I can see.

Yeah just tested this out, I got the bonus when I did just over 1k healing in the fox.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Who the gently caress cares about winning winter mode battles? Do your damage, die / drown, get in the next tank so you get those 25 battles tonkbux plus crew exp.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Nice work discovering that thing about the Arctic Fox. Wargaming could have told us that but then we wouldn't have enjoyed a page of furious 8-bit tank sperging. Truly a game for goons.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I keep running up >10k damage rounds in the winter battles and I feel a little bad about it.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ensign Expendable posted:

Turns out you can have an even more ineffective ersatz American tank than the War Crime Panther.

Tier 6 premium spotted.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

the fact that he was 100% correct makes it less retarded

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

FTR posted:

- it was proposed internally within WG to add Oddball’s Sherman from the movie Kelly’s Heroes.
:psyboom:

As stupid as it would be, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Kewpuh posted:

No, because Hellsau is 100% correct.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Let me rephrase in a way that isn't belligerent and awful.

The winter mode is fun. The missions are laughably easy. If you put in effort you will get your damage in 100% of the time. If you put no effort in you will get your damage in 99% of the time for the heavy, 95% of the time with the TD, and 90% of the time with the light. If you are insane and want to win, maybe you'll get your damage in less often, but you should not be a try hard in the fun times mode.

Healing teammates while they are taking fire is worthless unless you positioned yourself poorly and just cannot get shots into enemies in a reasonable amount of time. If you clear a flank, sure, heal teammates to have an extra buffer when you meet the other half.

If you are sitting where more than two enemies can shoot you, and you cannot reasonably expect to kill one or both of them in under ten seconds, move. Don't sit there and hope your teammates will spend their earnings healing someone who clearly does not want to stay alive or assist their team.

Most importantly you aren't forced to play the TD! It is slow and bulky and requires more damage for the mission while having half the HP of the heavy. If you play the Mammoth and position your tank such that only one enemy can hit you, you will 100% of the time get your damage done. If you are feeling randy you can goad their shots, pull back so they fly past, pull out and clip, and then get out again once the next volley comes at you. Easy mission completion. If you need to train that crew in the TD, you can't really peek and poke, but positioning outside of the major killing lanes will make it vastly more likely that you get free shots or free 1v1 opportunities. A 1v1 Mammoth vs. Polar Bear gives both tanks the damage needed.

Now please, in the future, do not poo poo talk your teammates for being useful when you are vocally demonstrating that you cannot perform better than the bottom twenty percent of this awful player base. If you cannot deal the damage, the fault is not on your teammates, because the mission requirements are extremely lenient. It is entirely up to you if you want to perform at the bare minimum of competence or not. If not, fine, stay bad. Just keep it to yourself.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nordick posted:

:psyboom:

As stupid as it would be, I would buy that in a heartbeat.
Only if it actually plays music for the other tanks and if you can leave paint marks for no damage (no friendly fire penalty) for the whole battle.