Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Another good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Looks like Shinichi is slowly losing his sanity. Though he believes in the same ideals as before, his entire personality and temperment have changed, and he's embraced that fact by acknowledging his own inhumanity. Now he's slowly digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole he can't climb out of, the the realization of that is driving his sanity farther over the edge.

I like that he seems to potentially be building up his own posse, starting with chinface and maybe the PI.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Tamiya Ryouko is building a pretty solid case for her place in the Bad Anime Parent hall of fame.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Great Rumbler posted:

Tamiya Ryouko is building a pretty solid case for her place in the Bad Anime Parent hall of fame.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

That scene with the fortune teller at the end felt completely random. Was that in the manga?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Rexides posted:

That scene with the fortune teller at the end felt completely random. Was that in the manga?

Yeah. Word for word.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rexides posted:

Its really just there to show how far gone Izumi is. My take at least.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

ViggyNash posted:

Looks like Shinichi is slowly losing his sanity. Though he believes in the same ideals as before, his entire personality and temperment have changed, and he's embraced that fact by acknowledging his own inhumanity. Now he's slowly digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole he can't climb out of, the the realization of that is driving his sanity farther over the edge.

I like that he seems to potentially be building up his own posse, starting with chinface and maybe the PI.

Not really. He's just tired and starting to care less about everything.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Tamiya Ryouko is my favorite character by far. So delightfully creepy. I also like the concept of a murderous parasite going to lectures on altruism and empathy.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The way she begins to develop emotions is also pretty funny.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Great Rumbler posted:

pfft, babies are tough

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Shinichi is hosed. :ohdear:

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Shinichi is hosed. :ohdear:

I imagine if Shinichi wins here it's due to somehow making the different parasytes conflict with each other somehow. Like, when he jumped off the truck he fell over so maybe he doesn't have really good motor control over the human body since there are three of them? I dunno. Super hype for next week already. Dag.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yeah, it will probably be a case of too many cooks spoil the broth. As you said, the episode had several hints in that direction. It will still be a very close fight.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

BambooEarpick posted:

I imagine if Shinichi wins here it's due to somehow making the different parasytes conflict with each other somehow. Like, when he jumped off the truck he fell over so maybe he doesn't have really good motor control over the human body since there are three of them? I dunno. Super hype for next week already. Dag.

That has to be it, especially since they explicitly made that point during the parasyte meeting.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, I would assume Three Trunks doesn't have our boy's upgrades to his human body. Three parasites are scary, but when they're all stuck to the same weak, fragile human frame, the limitations are obvious.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
He's three times faster than a normal parasyte! :stonk:

What a crazy way to up the stakes. I never saw it coming.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yeah, it will probably be a case of too many cooks spoil the broth. As you said, the episode had several hints in that direction. It will still be a very close fight.

Oh god why? Now it's stuck in my head forever.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm really amused by Miki's behaviour. Even if it's an act, it feels like he's going through the motions because he enjoys it, rather than being coldly logical like the other parasites.

Incidentally I know I read the manga a long time ago, but I don't actually remember much about this part. So in a way I'm as surprised as people experiencing it for the first time.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
You know, he could still have a human brain - the third parasite could be his torso. We know that the parasites are trying to understand how Shinichi got his upgraded meatsuit, and they could be experimenting with different combinations of host.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Squidster posted:

You know, he could still have a human brain - the third parasite could be his torso. We know that the parasites are trying to understand how Shinichi got his upgraded meatsuit, and they could be experimenting with different combinations of host.

I'm guessing it's his leg, because of how he jumped off the truck. The heads definitely human.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

senae posted:

I'm guessing it's his leg, because of how he jumped off the truck. The heads definitely human.

Maybe they're just teaming up with human sociopaths as hosts. They probably get quite a thrill having superhuman appendages.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe they're just teaming up with human sociopaths as hosts. They probably get quite a thrill having superhuman appendages.

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise the head would be totally freaking out or just really submissive. Although that would be more terrifying, in a way.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe they're just teaming up with human sociopaths as hosts.

Could this mean that the adult parasites have access to more larvae somehow?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's either (a) the parasytes have made contact with a pliable sociopath who is willing to do their bidding, and have given him a full-body flesh suit, or (b) 3 parasytes have grabbed on to a human host one after the other, have spread out across his body such that only his core organs are still human, and the parasytes have developed enough of a neural net to fit in human emotions for infiltration purposes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Or he's just a very personable parasite, like Joe.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That poor, poor unnamed boy.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I just realized that's also a reference to Midori Days.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was a fantastic episode! I can't remember the last time I said oh poo poo! that many times in half an hour.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
This week on Parasyte: anime titties

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

I don't see any signs of this from the last few episodes. Instead Shinichi is just extremely conflicted as his only/best friend is a alien and he has to break up with his first GF soon (in order to save humanity but still). I did find that one scene to be entertaining as he's just waving and Murano just runs away last minute.

As for Migi I'm glad on one hand he seems to developing some kind of emotion similar to empathy by explained how Shinichi has gone through a lot of problems and all. Yet we can't forget technically he's doing this so he can survive and not be turned into some experiment.

About the PI as I did find it refreshing he confessed he was just a "small-timer" and he really should not be getting involved w/the case. Sure it sounds good and all sacrificing yourself for the greater good but it's much easier said than done.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
What a crazy episode. So many things happened!! Yet the thing I'm most happy about is dad getting the hell outta dodge. It would be so depressing if Shinichi lost his dad too. :(

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Overlord K posted:

What a crazy episode. So many things happened!! Yet the thing I'm most happy about is dad getting the hell outta dodge. It would be so depressing if Shinichi lost his dad too. :(

This anime is actually pretty happy, all things considered.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Overlord K posted:

Although it looks like not girlfriend may fall into a trap.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I seriously think we are getting to a point in the anime where ordinary people will start seeing Shinichi in battles against the Parasytes, with them openly targetting him I think things are about to get really messy.

Ol crazy hands is terrifying I have no idea how they are gonna beat him, kinda reminds me of the aliens in Dead space

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

VoLaTiLe posted:

I seriously think we are getting to a point in the anime where ordinary people will start seeing Shinichi in battles against the Parasytes, with them openly targetting him I think things are about to get really messy.

Ol crazy hands is terrifying I have no idea how they are gonna beat him, kinda reminds me of the aliens in Dead space

The only way possible I believe, The primary head mentioned he was asleep for the first half of the episode, kinda like Migi does for those four hours. So that means they just need to face him when the primary head is passed out and the secondary is in charge again.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The song that played during the chicken-foot chase scene doesn't seem to be on the soundtrack. I'm a sucker for inappropriate dubstep, so I'm hoping it makes the cut for their second soundtrack cd.

Also , detective guy better not lay a finger on that baby's head. There is literally no way that doesn't backfire on everybody.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Squidster posted:

Also , detective guy better not lay a finger on that baby's head. There is literally no way that doesn't backfire on everybody.

Oh god, I didn't think of this at all. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Squidster posted:

I was also thinking of that, and so worried about the baby :( It looked so happy breast feeding too. See, she isn't that bad a mom.

• Locked thread